“Really nice food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“Really nice food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Once again ,we decided to follow some friends' recommendations...
We had a very nice meal and will return.
The entire family agreed that the food was tasty ,full of flavours.(especially the lemon rice ,garlic rice,aubergines...)
A great evening for all of us.
We phoned to say that we were going to be half an hour late and this wasn't a problem...Yet the place was busy.
We were looking forward to our meal and glad that we did not read the previous review.(sorry to hear about it)
Free car park opposite the restaurant after 6h30pm.
Really nice food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Food poisoning!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

After reading many glowing reviews we decided to try this place out.
We ordered delivery over the phone & the food arrived an hour later.
We never expected the horror that would turn our bank holiday weekend in to hell.
Just more than 24 hours after eating here both my partner & myself came down with severe food poisoning.
We had to get family to care for our young baby so that we could recover.
It was the only meal that we had together so guaranteed nothing else caused this.

The potatoes & naan was very nice.
My partner had a korma which was creamy & tasted ok.
My pasandra was rather spicy (no idea how as its a dish that is supposed to be made similarly to a korma) & thel lamb was coated in red spices, very tough meet.

Lucky for me I didnt eat all my food.

Sure to say they will not see my custom again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PremRestaurant, Owner at Prem, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Customer,

I am extremely shocked and saddened to hear about your experience of Prem Restaurant. As the reviews on this website testify, this is definitely NOT the standard that we strive to deliver to our customers, and in all our time in Teddington, I have not had one complaint of this nature.
First and foremost, may I offer my own sincere personal apology for your experience. I understand that nothing can detract from the fact that this has already happened and caused you considerable difficulty. However, may I humbly request that you email me at Abdulahad69@hotmail.com with a contact phone number, so I can understand fully what has happened and ensure it never occurs again. I will also, of course, be glad to refund you the total bill, and if you would be kind enough to accept, I would also be very grateful if you would allow me to personally cook you a meal free of charge, for takeaway or eat in, so you can enjoy the usual second to none standard that so many of our loyal customers have enjoyed throughout the years, at Prem Teddington.
I look forward to your response.

Abdul Ahad
Prem Restaurant
Somerset
“Excellent meal, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We are in the Teddington area about one evening every two or three weeks and occasionally visit Prem. The food is superb, the helpings more than sufficient and the service quick/ efficient.
We were there again last Friday and were not disappointed.
It gets very busy, the turn over is quite speedy but with out feeling pressured to leave and lots of people do appear to reserve a table - we don't, but we try to go early evening to avoid disappointment.
If you enjoy good Indian food, give it a go!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“averge curry and slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

i had dinner at this local restaurant with my family yesterday, however, must admit this did not turn out to be as good as expected. the service was friendly, however, slow. the food was ok but not as you would expect it to be from a good local curry house. for starters we had onion baaji, spiced salom and butterfly prawns - the latter was not very good and came fried in breadcrumbs. for main course we had a few chicken dishes, a prawn dish and some vegetables as well as rice and naan bread, the butter chicken was good and so was the naan bread but the rest was very average. as mentioned above, the service was slow and it seemed like they were more busy catering for take away orders rather than serving the customers in the restaurant, it also took around 10 min to settle the bill, very slow indeed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nijmegen
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I used to visit the Prem frequently on business trips to Teddington. Many of my colleagues have stopped using the Prem as there is a new Indian restaurant in Teddington which they prefer, and there is a general impression that all the dishes look the same. I revisited the other week. Although it is true that the curry dishes all look the same, colour wise, I have to say that they are delicious. Service etc. is fine, the manager (owner?) is especially attentive.

• Visited March 2013