“Five Star B and B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverview Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shepperton
Riverview Cottage
You added Riverview Cottage to your Saves list
at Alceda | Walton Lane, Shepperton TW178LQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Shepperton B&B and Inns
Preston,UK
“Five Star B and B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here when husband attended a Carp Conference at Sandown Park and enjoyed every minute of time here. The room was outstanding and so were the additions provided. Lots of nice touches including the wonderful bath foams and lotions plus scented candles were more than usually found in a B and B. The price reflected these touches so don't expect it to be cheap but if you want to be pampered then you have found a gem here. The atmosphere is homely and a good breakfast cooked by Elaine is served in their own conservatory with a good view of the Thames.We did have a little incident which was handled graciously and just added to the pleasure of being there.Elaine even came to pick me up after a mornings shopping in the town and you can't say many owners do that.I could say much more but if you want to find out how good it is you will just have to visit yourselves.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I'm convinced I must the only guest not to have enjoyed a peaceful and luxurious night’s rest at Riverview Cottage. Despite our concerned host and possibly having read too much Jerome K Jerome, my son and I insisted on sleeping in our hired skiff moored at the end of the garden. The rest of our crew had safely checked-in to Owl's Roost and Swallow's Nest. I regarded this as a mutinous act. I can safely say my experience was uncomfortable, dark and claustrophobic until 3am when drips of rainwater added to my torment. By dawn my son and I transferred from the boat to one of the luxury suites. Oh my gosh, what a contrast. I must congratulate Elaine. Her friendliness, humour and thoughtfulness is certainly impressive and very much appreciated. As was the English breakfast in the conservatory. If you're lucky enough to stay at Riverview Cottage you will certainly be in very good hands.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We booked riverview cottage for the weekend of our wedding, as it was the only hotel in the area that fitted what I had in mind for myself and my bridesmaids to get ready in, luxury, in beautiful surroundings.
My mum and partner booked the other room at the cottage and they were also thrilled with the
room and service.
The rooms are stunning, very Laura Ashley style without being twee.
Everything you could ever wish for
and more in the room, all sorts ofdrinks and treats! The bathroom products were all Umi and Molton
Brown, everything about the rooms were really lovely!!
Elaine and her husband went above and beyond for us! We're all still raving about Elaines breakfasts!!! They really are a lovely couple and we can now see why they have so many great reviews! I had to add to them because they and the cottage stay made my wedding weekend so special! A massive thank you!

• Stayed July 2011
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My partner & I stayed here for the Hampton Court Festival. We stayed here on account of the reviews on tripadvisor and also their website.
When we arrived we were greeted by both Elaine and Dave and were completely "wowed" by the accomodation. We stayed in the Swallows Nest Suite on the ground floor which is accessed from the gardens of the owners house. The house fronts onto the Thames via a perfectly manicured lawn.
i have travelled the world for many years and stayed in some of the worlds finest hotels. Riverview Cottage, although it is classed as a B&B is up there with the best. The furnishings are of good quality and the extras are plentiful and also of good quality. Top quality toileteries are provided along with fine linens and a plentiful supply of regular and herbal teas. There is a top quality pillow spray along with fine aromatherapy candles to send you off to sleep. The rooms are best described as "elegant".
Breakfast is served in the conservatory of the main house and again does not disappoint. Eggs are from "Home Farm" accross the road and is freshly cooked by Elaine. Coffee and juice are all fresh.
Free hi speed wi-fi is a bonus.
Like some of the other reviewers we took Elaines advice for dinner and dined at the Three Horseshoes in Laleham which was splendid.
Our hosts Elaine and David did everything the could for us and it was obvious that they are passionate about providing the best for their customers.
Would we stay again?.....Can't wait!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I've been staying in this area every weekday for the last 2 years . . . and pretty well informed aboutthe hotels in the area

I've not found anything this good in that time - and frankly don't expect to if I keep trying for the next 2 years

It's an excellent location, an extremely warm welcome AND is genuinely worthy of the term 'luxurious'

I'd reccomend this without exception for business (it's a great retreat) and especially for leisure . . .

Room Tip: Book it