“A much better experience” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“A much better experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to the hotel, compensation for a previous visit which had been very disappointing. We were impressed and pleased to be offered a free night's stay to make up for our previous experience.

This time, things went well. We were given a lovely room overlooking the river - a gorgeous serene setting. The room was large and the bed comfy. It looked like it had recently been decorated. It was cleaned well.

We enjoyed a drink on the terrace in the evening, which was nice, but went out for supper, so can't comment on dinner. Breakfast however was much improved. We had good service, and a good choice - the haddock and poached egg was delicious, and there were several other cooked options, too.

Only negative this trip was a shortage of parking space - not the hotel's fault, just a function of their location.

All in all, a lovely stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to us. We have worked hard on improving standards within the hotel, including breakfast procedures. We are also in the process of redecorating some of the bedrooms.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the river views from the bedroom and were able to have a drink on the river terrace.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year now and earning 4 stars
so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

21st July 2013
We had lunch for 14 people to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary, it was booked as 1.30 for 2.00 but due to the closure of Walton Bridge some of our guests were delayed for over an hour. We had drinks on the terrace with its lovely views of the Thames,while we waited and when everyone had arrived sat down to an excellent meal which was perfect despite the delay-my compliments to the chef.
This booking was made completely blind and we did not know what expect not having been recommended by anyone, but from the comments of our guests they were all delighted with the food,wine setting and excellent service. The team that looked after were headed by Leigh who was always there without being noticed.
Avery enjoyable day that will always be remembered.
I would thoroughly recommend the Warren Lodge for such an occasion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It is so rewarding for me and my team when we receive such good feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by Leigh, who is delighted. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the views of the Thames, it is certainly a beautiful location.

The Warren Lodge prides itself on hosting events, my team and I really enjoying doing them as every event is special to us. It makes it all so worthwhile when we receive complimentary guest reviews.

Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My partner booked this hotel as part of a hotel/Hampton Court deal.
I had no idea where we were going and when the satnav said we were very close...and we were in Shepperton....well...I was a little deflated!
But, as we drove into Old Shepperton and rounded the corner into the little square, I was completely surprised.
A lovely old church, 3 pubs, restuarants and the Warren Lodge Hotel greeted us.
All quaint and completely unexpected and as we turned in the car park, the rear view over the Thames on a beautiful sunny day, a lovely little oasis!
We checked in and was greeted with a warm welcome & friendly staff.
The place had a nice atmosphere and our room was large and comfortable, double aspect windows, spacious with plenty of storage (tho' we were only there for the one night) and good facilities.
We overlooked the Thames, with it's boat's and picnicer's, from one window and the old rickity rooftops and little square from the other....
The maitre' d was very professional and amused us with his stories (not unlike the same told by Paul O' Grady)
We spent the afternoon sitting out on the veranda, people and boat watching in the sunshine, with wine and a sandwich. And we dined alfresco in the evening, eating from a set menu, we chose to stick to that and not to be persuaded by the ala carte. Perfectly adequate choices and couldn't fault the food...
After a good nights sleep, we had our breakfast by the open patio doors in the bar area. The main breakfast room/restaurant was at the opposite end of the ground floor.
My only negative with this, was that the young waiters neglected to explain that if we wanted the usual toast, cereals, preserves, croissants etc. the thing's you normally help yourself to, that we should walk down to the other end.
They just dropped our hot drinks and cooked breakfast off and disappeared. If we had been that way inclined, we may have prompted them but were actually happy to say nothing and enjoyed what we had.
Having been a waitress for many years myself, I could see this was just down to inexperience and had our friendly maitre' d 'Malcolm' been around, I'm sure he would have been onto it without delay!
This in no way cast a shadow over our experience and would definitely stay again!
We stayed in Room 45...
It set us in good stead for a lovely day at Hampton Court, just 6 miles away.

Room Tip: ROOM 45 at the rear of the hotel, in the main (old) building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is so rewarding for the Team and myself when we receive such good feedback.
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and in particular enjoyed the service provided by Malcolm.

I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and were able to dine alfresco. We are certainly lucky to have the outside areas on the river so I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful location.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the waiter at Breakfast and will be doing some training to ensure this information is not neglected in future.

so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a relatives birthday celebrations at a nearby venue.

I found the rooms very tired & in need of some care. Service was ok, hotel was very busy (which I guess is a good sign) & lady on desk was struggling to efficiently deal with guests.

The main positives for me our the price of the hotel & the breakfast which is fantastic.

If you do stay here, you really do get what you pay for apart from the breakfast which wouldn't look out of place at a finer establoshment!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you particularly enjoyed the breakfast, we have recently changed the breakfast standards, so it rewarding to hear that you enjoyed it.
With regards to the comments relating to the bedrooms, we are currently in the process of doing some light refurbishment in some of the bedrooms.

I have spoken to the Receptionist who was on duty and she remembers the desk being particularly busy but felt that she did deal with all guest requirements.

Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently had our wedding reception at the Warren Lodge, and we thought the staff were extremely friendly and so helpful, the setting is perfect , location is great too, Such a lovely hotel. The food is first class and could not be faulted at all. We had a lot of family also staying at the hotel and they really enjoyed their stay. Highly recommended.
Thank you for a wonderful experience Warren lodge!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review. It is so rewarding for me and my Team when we receive such good feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food so much and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, my team and I really enjoying doing them as every wedding is special to us.
Its makes it all so worthwhile when we receive complimentary guest reviews.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Warren Lodge Hotel in Shepperton is perfectly located. We had a gorgeous view of the river and the surrounding area is the old historic village of Shepperton.

The room itself was very comfortable and a lot larger than I was expecting. Everything was clean.

The staff were helpful and welcoming.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed by stunning views of the River, we are certainly lucky to have the river terrace behind the gardens for our guests to relax on.
I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and found the staff helpful and welcoming.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year now, and earning 4 stars

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's Christening here after the Church service on a hot Sunday afternoon at the beginning of July. The staff were extremely attentive and made sure things went smoothly. The food was excellent and we created a summer buffet menu that would suit our party of adults and quite a few children.
The views from the hotel are stunning and the space outside the function room worked really well to allow people to enjoy sitting outside. The air conditioning and bar inside the room were also very much appreciated. The function room space as a whole was excellent.
We were able to decorate the room the night before and we felt extremely looked after on the day. Thanks so much for making the day lovely for our family and our guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Tel 01932 242972 ext 249

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!