“Looks good but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Shepperton
Bristol
“Looks good but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Upon arrival the receptionist was not overly pleased to see us. Our room large but the bathroom was very small. The room was also very hot and stuffy despite having the window open, which we had to close due to the road noise. The road was busy all night so we didn't sleep well. The small bathroom cleanish, the showerhead needed descaling and the sealant around the bath was very mouldy.
Breakfast was okay but the tables were dirty and the waitress was nowhere to be seen.
A disappointing hotel which looks good but has too many flaws for the price. Glad I didn't pay full price!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

i have just returned from this hotel, stayed one night, the customer service is the best i have had,
lovely friendly staff, and receptionist is exceptional.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

very clean, comfy bed, fluffy towels, dead-friendly staff, lashings of hot water in a shower that worked perfectly, electrci saving devices everywhere, overall excellent hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Starting with the only positive, the shower was quite good and was a cubicle and not a shower over a bath.
the first room given overlooked an inner roof and all you could see was two other windows, ripped curtains, stains, mildew and the TV did not work, it was also a small double room so 2 people could not pass each other. After requesting a move to another room we were placed in the middle of the M1......the traffic was non stop and with squeaking floorboards all along the corridor and slamming doors at either end i thought i was at Heathrow! And to top things off our next room overlooked the staff smoking yard and we were privvy to their conversations all nght. I am still trying to work out which rooms were lucky enough to get the views they boast about on their web site.
the bed was awful and the pillows like witches t"ts. No other pillows were available, therefore one can only assume the hotel was on its last legs that they could not stretch to another pillow.
Evening meal was actually above average for the price, but the chef will be waiting a long time for a call from Gordon Ramsey. Standard fare but the price made it more appealing than it actually was. Everything from the serving staff was an effort and you could see you felt as though you were putting them out by asking for the basics and obviously work was not their preferred option. Breakfast was a joke, sub standard food poorly presented and only replenished when requested, we actually managed to finish our cooked food and juices and cereals before we lost the battle of wills and had to ask for a hot drink.
Upon leaving we pointed out our disappointments and asked that the Manager call us, that was 3 days ago.
this bears out my opinion that how can the staff care when the constantly absent management have no pride in their work, staff or hotel and cannot respond to customer requests
AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless you have nowehere else to go. this really is the pits, i normally make light of bad experiences but this was beyond humour nd for the first time i sincerely wish they go oout of business.

Room Tip: easy, find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Difficult to fault the room, fittings are of good quality, and nice complimentary items. Take care of the over hot towel rail though!
A good standard of cleanliness.
I stayed on a Sunday when the restaurant is not open, however the pub next door is excellent.
Breakfast was very average, but it was available on time at 7.AM.
A large off road parking area is available.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

As my review title suggests, Harrisons Hotel is distinctly average in everyway; from the standard room decor to the obligatory staff member eating takeaway behind reception.

As usual, I arrived quite late which means that I had missed dinner so I had to go hunting for some takeaway. Decided to get my luggage in first and this is when I encountered the first problem, the Carpark is a good way down the road, across a section with no pavement, over a bridge and in to what looks like a boat dealers yard. Having not been offered any help with my luggage, I decided just to park on the pavement directly in front of the hotel to unload. To be fair there is a very small carpark directly in front of the hotel but this holds a maximum of five cars.
Luggage safely stowed in my room, I headed to reception to ask if they could recommend a decent takeaway; the young lady behind reception was very pleasant, this is more than could be said for the obstinate looking boy watching Youtube and about to get stuck in to a big bag of what smelled like Chinese food.

Managed to find a very good pizza shop around the corner on Shepperton high street, which provided me with one of the best pizza's I have had in years, truly fantastic.

Being well-fed and relaxed, I decided to check out my room. The one word that comes to mind is SMALL! There was a single bed, a small writing desk, a wardrobe with safe and a small bathroom. Having said that though, I was thoroughly comfortable and didn't once feel claustrophobic. The bed whilst small was comfortable, I am 6'4" tall and had a very pleasant nights rest. There is a modern TV mounted to the wall which was great to watch from bed, although I was annoying that freeview either wasnt conneted or didnt work. The bathroom was clean and decorated to high standard, making the most of the available space; although the WC was too close to the heated towel rail, infact, I managed to burn my face whilst using the facilities. Large spacious shower with the standard low pressure shower; why is it when hotels are refurbished, nothing is ever done with the water pressure? Having travelled extensively, I always feel a good rule of thumb for judging hotels is the shower water pressure!

The area is very nice, our head office is in Sunbury around the corner and this part of the World always appeals to me. The hotel is in walking distance of Shepperton High Street and is across the road from a bend in the Thames.
Would I recommend this hotel? If you are on a budget and don't expect great service, then yes. It is considerably better than the Holiday Inn around the corner and is warm and semi-comfortable. It appears to have been refurbished recently to an average standard and although I thought it quite fun to sleep in a single bed; something I havent done for over 20 years, it is no longer acceptable to be charging £75 per night to curl up in a childs bed!

had to skip breakfast but the dining room looked clean and large, I believe it doubles as a restaurant. Check out was quick and the staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Choose a double and pay the extra
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel was nice enough, but we were charged twice for one night's stay. When I attempted to resolve this, there was NO response to my email.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Harrisons Hotel? Share your experiences!