“Perfect for a short overnight layover!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Perfect for a short overnight layover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stumbled upon a review of the Yotel when searching for a hotel for a quick, 8 hour layover at Heathrow. After getting in late, the last thing I wanted to do was to wait for a courtesy shuttle to take me to a hotel off the premises AND doing the same thing all over again a few hours later. After thinking about it, I decided to stay at the Yotel - I'm glad that I did.

Check-in was a breeze. There are kiosks outside the facility but the night manager brought me in and checked me in personally. Bought a beer from the cooler behind him and headed to the room. I realized that the room was small, but one does not really get the sense of how small of space it is until the door closes behind you. It is, however, well thought out and perfect for a nights sleep. After a shower and earplugs (I sleep with them at home because of dog barking), I fell fast asleep.

Could not make any changes. The manager even looked for my lost iPad charger (I found it deep in my backpack after I filled in my online, post-stay survey). Sorry about that!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

This yotel (hotel pod) may work if you depart from Terminal 4, but if you are trying to get to Terminal 5 at 0520 am, you could end up having a bit of a heart attack! The location is definitely not overly convenient. Also I said I would exit at 5 am (wasn't paying by the hour) and I received a phonecall and a door knock - all before 0520 am. This is my third stay at Yotel (1st in Amsterdam and 2nd in Heathrow) - I think it may be more suitable to shorter stays than overnight. One area high praise - bathroom gel/shampoo was really excellent!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

So I had my concerns about renting this place -- people said it was noisy, small, etc. But the price was really good, so I took a chance on it, and it totally paid off.

The location is unbeatable, the staff friendly and courteous, and the room was fantastic. I was particularly pleased by the size and comfortability of the bed. I think it's definitely big enough for two people, if you're used to sleeping together.

Another great surprise was the food. We ordered the lasagne and peanut satay because they were cheap, but the quality of the food was excellent. Big portions, piping hot, and so, so good. Besides's it's delivered to your door about 10 minutes after you order.

Finally, as to the noise issue: I don't know what people are talking about. My college dorm room was noisier than this place. Maybe we just hit an off day or something, but the noise level was extremely low, and what little noise there was was muffled.

All in all, my husband and I really enjoyed our stay there very thoroughly and will be staying there again when we pass through Heathrow in a few weeks.

Now it's not roomy -- but we had room for four carry on bags with plenty of floor space still left. The trick is to shove it all under the fold out table.

For the price, location, service and quality, this hotel is definitely five stars.

PS -- The internet is super-fast. Great for working.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at Yotel Heathrow in June of 2010 when we had an overnight layover when travelling from Tokyo - Warsaw (via Heathrow). After a 12 hour flight and several more hours of processing at each end of the flight it was a relief to be staying at terminal 4 and not have to drag our bags across the city to a hotel.

As previously mentioned the rooms are styled on cruise ship cabins and are very funky. Some of the highlights:
- Extremely comfortable bed!
- Free wifi is very handy
- The room had an abundance of power sockets and a wee table that opened out to sit the likes of a laptop on if you wanted to
- Easy check in at the kiosk but it also had a really friendly lady on reception to help if required
- Fabulous shower!
- More than plenty of space to stow our luggage under the bed and room to the side for things like cabin bags if you need to have items handy

We were in a premium cabin and were pleased to have paid a bit extra for this, we did not find the hotel at all noisy (nor did we notice toilets flushing).

Once we'd checked in and relaxed for a bit we were able to head into the city on the tube for dinner knowing that at the end of the night we would be literally at the airport for easy check in the next morning.

Getting to Yotel (based in Terminal 4) from other terminals is as easy as taking a free (and short) ride on the Heathrow express. If you want to head into the city simply jump on the Heathrow Express (again, for free) to the station at either Terminals 1,2,3 or 5 from which you can catch the tube into London. You can do this until quite late at night.

There is a pub right outside the entrace to the Yotel and while we didn't use it it seemed to offer food and drink at quite reasonable prices.

Would definitely stay here again if on a layover!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Great to relax shower lie down after a long haul flight from Australia the 25 quid us so worth it.cam go into city all refreshed as most hotels won't key u on til 3pm.only down side was service checking machines didn't work staff at counter not friendly .fit turned away as booked 7 arrival bit got thru customs bags early but wouldn't let me in.had to sit outside for 30. Mins.room clean quiet wifi handy to skype ect.will def stay again. Just staff need to be more friendly.

• Stayed June 2010
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I had an awkward flight connection at Heathrow and decided I didn't want to go far for a Hotel. The Yotel fit the bill--literally and metaphorically. Half the price of the nearby luxury hotels (where I've stayed in the past) and in my opinion, just as nice. Very clever, contemporary, and functional design. Love the modular space, clever storage ideas, and fine materials. This is the RIGHT way to do a small hotel room. Room service was available though I didn't use it. There was a decent pub right outside the entrance and Cafe Nero right downstairs. So, so, so convenient to the terminal and check-in.

My only complaint was noise. Despite all of the "shhh!" signs, people insisted on running and yelling down the hall. Very annoying, as it would be in any hotel, but especially annoying given the tight quarters.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

No matter what the Yotel site says, or what the Heathrow site says, you cannot get to the Yotel location in terminal 4 after 10pm, especially on weekends.

After paying for a Yotel room on the night of May 29th, 2010, I never got to use the room and instead spent the night on a bench in terminal 3 at Heathrow. Why? Because my 10:45pm arrival was about 30 minutes late on a Saturday night.

By the time I cleared customs, the last underground train had departed, and I was left to try to find an inter-terminal bus that was advertised, but had also quit running for the night. After numerous attempts to reach terminal 4, I finally quite at 2:30am and stayed in terminal 3. To make a long story short, you can travel all night long between terminals 1,2,3 and 5, but you cannot reach terminal 4 from any of the others after about 11pm.

When contacted, both the Heathrow and Yotel officials agreed that late night transportation at this major international airport was lacking. That did not however, stop the Yotel folks from keeping my money and refusing a refund.

So, I would suggest you learn from my misfortune and don't book with Yotel any time, but certainly not for a late night arrival at Heathrow.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!