“Claustrophobic” 2 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
New York
“Claustrophobic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Having heard and read about this 'capsule' hotel chain, I ahd teh opportunity to try it out. I had a long overnite layover of almost 10 hours. Unfortunately, while it is definitely inexpensive for a stay at the airport terminal itself, it was just too claustrophobic and cramped for me. I could see myself spending 2 - 3 hours comfortably to freshen myself and catch q few winks. But beyond that it was decidedly uncomfortable. Think of a plush prison cell ( those who have seen or been to one!), one of the first class suites in the new aircrafts, and put that into a third the size of an inside ship cruise cabin. You have a typical Yotel room (sorry, cabin). My cabin was the middle category. Think of the lower category! I would not even be able to squeeze in! If at all, go for their premium category that is more spacious, and of course more expensive.

• Liked — Free wifi!
  • Disliked — Cramped
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I was a bit dubious about staying at this "pod" hotel, but decided to give it a try since I had an early morning flight out of Heathrow and didn't want the stress of traveling in from the city. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. While check-in is through an automatic machine, there is a person in the so-called Galley that can help if you have problems. The room itself is extremely well-designed for its size, and the bed quite comfortable. It was nice to relax, watching the flat-screen tv and catching on my email, rather than worrying about how I was going to get to the airport the next morning.

That having been said, Yotel is located in Terminal 4, and you'll need to take the free shuttle service, via Heathrow Connect, if you are flying out of Terminals 1, 2 or 3, as I was. Not a big deal, but do check when and how often they run, as they started later and were less frequent on Sunday, the day I was flying out. It worked out fine, but you don't want to be surprised by this.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone with a layover or morning flight that doesn't want the stress/hassle of commuting to the airport before their flight.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Clean, very comfortable bed, compact, easy, value for money, lovely shower.

Internet, music, TV, radio, films availbale.

Room service serves up some surprisingly good value and very tasty meals / snacks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My wife and I picked Yotel as a place to stay overnight before our morning flight out of Heathrow after two weeks in the UK. We wanted to be able to fly out rested and refreshed, and avoid the nerve-wracking task of making our way through one of the world's largest cities during the morning rush. It was just what we hoped it would be. Their web site is accurate. You won't spread out in the room, but there is a place for everything and you will find all of the services you need. On top of that, the staff was very nice to us when we arrived earlier than we expected. They may not be able to brag about that on the web and be believed, but that was our experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Lower Mainland, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

I had a 16 hour layover in London Heathrow - had to catch an early a.m. flight the next day. Decided not go go into the city so stayed at the airport. A friend came by to spend dinner and some time visiting with me. Yotel room was very clean with fresh sheets and towels. Hot water for shower. Absolutely everything I needed for the night. Friendly helpful staff. Highly recommend for someone needing a few hours sleep and a shower without having to go into London. Price is good considering how much a hotel would cost in the city. Internet was slow but I was able to access my emails.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

We had booked for one night into the Yotel London Heathrow ( LHR ) in Terminal 4 after our holiday in Portugal - see our reviews for the Melia dos Capuchos in Caparica - see also our review of the Pestana Palace in Lisbon - on Tripadvisor! - Thanks! Here at the Yotel London Heathrow T4 we had one night at a premium cabin for 2 people ( that makes it premium ) which had 10 square meters and was Cabin number 15! The entrance was upstairs in the arrival hall in Terminal 4, than take the escalator up and pass successfully JD Wetherspoon and to the left you will see already a big Yotel advertising space fully lighted and just walk straight ahead were the entrance with the check-in automate is ( 2 check-in counters provided! ). You can only check-in when your time has come, when you arrive too early of the stated check-in time on your confirmation invoice the check-in counter automate tells you, that there is a problem with your booking. To check-in you need your confirmation number of your booking from your invoice and credit card authorization. When using the hotel you also need a credit card / debit card, because the complete hotel is a cashless environment. The keycard will automaticly dispensed after successful check-in and credit card authorization after this we walked up to the sliding door and swiped our keycard and voila we were in the Yotel proper. Our Premium cabin layout ( Nr. 15 ) was in modern industrial design which was white, natural wood, steel, glass and plastics. This was all enhanced by the practiciality and functionality of space ( remember we had 10 square meters in all! )! We found a first class style double bed which was ideal, because it so comfortable to lie in it. The bed goes up and down fully automatic with a touch of the bedside button. Also we found 1 convertible table which can only be used when the bed is converted up into a sofa position. We also found incl.: 1 foldable chair, 2 hangers, 2 glasses, several storage possiblities in main wall and beside and under the bed. There was also a LCD Flatscreen TV from Philips which was built in directly into the main wall before the bed and over the folding table. TV channels on offer incl. Five, Sky Sports News and BBC News 24 plus others. Also on the TV there was a free internet access on offer. We also had local and international Radio stations, Pay TV with some of the newest Movies straight from the cinema provided, incl. Mamma Mia ( we have seen it right here in the Yotel at a cost of 5 Pounds Sterling around 6 Euros! - good value - however there are no adult entertainment provided! ). There was also a so-called Juke box function right through the TV with 100s of songs available to choose from, this service was FREE! However we have been advised that it is not possible anymore to order your food and drinks through a tv menu direct from the screen - like some guests found on a earlier time at the hotel - now around 6 month this service was out of order - why? GOOD QUESTION! - please innovation Mr. Woodroffe ( OBE )! Thank You, for listening! When you want use the in-room dining service we had now to call the so-called Galley via telephone or go directly and let you bring your food ordered. We had been given a menu in march 2009 - our stay here - however the menu stated 2008! - This menu included all breakfast items and food and drinks offered 24h each day! HOWEVER! To our shock as we found out after not telling us ( at the Galley! ) that many - in fact almost all - food items were not even available at all, despite being listed and this information came only to light after having already ordered!!!! SO we ended up with a bacon baguette and generous portion of salad, which was nice, but this should have been served as breakfast - as listed on the menu -! However the quality was good and service was very friendly and even amendable! Our Drinks during our stay incl. Baileys for 3. 50 £ each, Hildon water - still 500ml - 1. 50 £ each and Tropicana Orange juice for 2. 00 £ each. The Baileys came with a lot of ice and overall the food sounded very good but our mood was somewhat diminished by the NON-AVAILABLE Fooditems which were not there! Having written this, Folks! They told us at the Galley that new suppliers are coming soon online at the Yotel and the situation should be way better in the near future on the food and drinks front! Even GU is back in the future, they told us! The bed was very comfortable and the sleep was simply superb and can only be recommended. Please, do not forget to set up the wake-up call through the TV, because this is the only one available in the Yotel. For our breakfast around 10.30 am next day we had the very good breakfast bento box on offer, which included the following items: 3 warm small croissants, Jam, butter, Rachel's Organic Strawberry Yoghurt plus coffee or tea or even hot chocolate - however on this occassion there was interesting enough NO MILK FOR THE COFFEE AVAILABLE! So we ended up taking a rather forced Americano - which obviously is without milk -! After our breakfast we had enjoyed the above mentioned Cinema blockbuster MAMMA MIA! for 5 £ and can be accessed for 24 h! The Bathroom came in as follows, Folks! The Bathroom was divided by a glass-door and a curtain from the main bedroom. Here it goes: 1 stylish sink with foam soap, 2 large bath towels - NO HANDTOWELS PROVIDED -, 1 stylish shower with large squared head - called monsoon shower - 1 of us has tried this and found it very good and superb - when you do not mind the flooding this gives to half the bathroom! There was also 1 movable shower which was used by the other one of us and also found to be superb! Once again flooding was an issue! Stylish or not all over body wash was high quality and sensible even. The toilet is also in the bathroom beside the shower and comes in handy in some situations when humans truly must do something which lies out of our hands, btw. toilet paper was also on offer - 2 rolls - nice! The room - sorry cabin - overall included also very good mood lightning, fire alarm, air-conditioning and superb craftmanship of industrial design and furniture. Also a big plus was the absolute quieteness during our sleep, as you would expect of a hotel like the Yotel, which was directly built into the airport with no outside windows provided, but there was on the inside a window which looked to the floor and could be completely closed off from the outside via black out shutter. All in All a superb little and unusual hotel, different from a more traditionell hotel lay-out and surely recommendable for people who love to travel often in frequency, who are adventurous and understand that exploring something new is very important and totally counts! BTW: a hairdryer and a personal hygiene box are available from the galley. The hairdryer was free of charge, however the personal hygiene box comes in at 5 £ a go. The Box includes all the essentials you might need to beautify yourself and look good to travel the world. The hairdryer must be given back when we had to check-out. So Folks! After our stay to connect to our flight back to Dublin with Aer Lingus we had taken the Heathrow Connect train from the Terminal 4 to the Heathrow Terminal 1, 2, 3 Mainstation which is free of charge and really a pleasant way to see this very very nice airport! - please think about it - Heathrow is nice -! Back home in Dublin we had enjoyed only 2 days later the magnificent ST. PATRICK' S DAY PARADE with glorious sunshine and 2000 participants plus the 650.000 spectators. Simply delicious and highly recommendable! We also send happy St. Patrick' s Day wishes around the world to all serious fellow travellers and Tripadvisor members! FLY, STAY, EXPLORE! And do not forget to GO! GO! GO! see the world! IT' S PRECIOUS!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I had booked this hotel after I was late for my 7PM flight to New York.
I was alone since my friends were flying to other countries, what is a 20 year old female to do alone and pretty much lost in Heathrow.
I was trying to find an affordable hotel in the airport area, but the only option was taking the tube back to the nearest station outside of the airport area where a room would cost around 50 pounds. It was already around 9-10PM and I was pretty nervous doing that all alone at night. I then remembered I had seen the Yotel while searching for London hotels for this vacation and tried calling them.
They didn't pick up which was very annoying, but I called my Father and he booked the room online.
I got to the hotel and had some trouble checking in since it was all computerised, but the guy at the desk came out and helped me.
The room was perfect for an oops! night at Heathrow, a bed, a TV and a bathroom.
The shower was very refreshing, and the towels were very nice.
I was exhausted and cried out after a long harsh day and the bed was so comfortable.
My phone had no service in the room though which was pretty annoying since my family was trying to check up on me. They ended up calling the front desk and I had to go out there since calls can't be transferred to the rooms.
The room basically had everything you needed in it for a short stay.
The price was good too, because with the charges of the underground staying outside of the airport would have cost the same.
Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!