“Good stop over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Maidenhead
“Good stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night before an early flight, it is in the terminal and extremely value for money for this. It is opposite a pub but we heard no noise from it at all. The young lady who was on the desk when we arrived was extremely helpful and went to us and showed us how the room worked. We did take the more expensive option for the room which I think was better sheets. We will be using it again, as it did exactly what it said

• Stayed July 2013
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear StevenMaidenhead,

We are awfully pleased to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and thank you for your kind comments about our crew and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions!

Best regards

Yiorgos Peroutseas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had ridden the train from York to London and arrived into the city around 9:30 p.m. Our flight was leaving early the next morning, so we decided to stay at the YOTEL, London Heathrow. It was such a unique experience. We chose a "premium" cabin with a double bed (for my wife and I). It was designed for two, but for sure, the rooms are compact. Interestingly, the bed is hydraulically driven. When we first entered the room the bed was contracted and looked more like a couch. Because it was contracted, we had more space to organize our bags. When ready for bed we needed to only push a button and the bed expanded to its normal size. The storage under the bed was more than sufficient for one large suitcase. Everything was very clean and neat.

We liked the free wi-fi. The staff brought complimentary tea and hot chocolate to our room. They would even provide an alarm clock if needed. There was soft soap at the bathroom sink and in the shower -- no bar of soap. Only towels -- no wash cloths or hand towels. The shower splashed outside of its area (ran around the toilet). The lighting in the room had several settings. They even had a "night-light" setting so you could see your way to a middle-of-the-night bathroom visit.

The YOTEL is located in Terminal 4. You would think it would be easy to find, but the signage did not get us there. We arrived from the Piccadilly line and had to ask directions a couple of times. Overall, this was a very positive "hotel" experience for an early morning flight out of Heathrow. It was simple to get to Terminal 3 from there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BBeck1418,

Thank you so much for sharing your YOTEL experience through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and the YOTEL concept. We are working around the one point of concern raised in your review.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Best wishes

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here the night before an early morning flight. I arrived late due to delays in my travel but that was not a problem and it did take me a few minutes to find the hotel as I add entered the terminal from the underground on the opposite side. Once a Heathrow staff member pointed me in the right direction I was there in no time.

I had cabin 5 right opposite from Mission Control aka reception and food order location. I would say if your a light sleeper and end up with this cabin use ear plugs. (I read the menu properly in the morning and you can get some from Mission Control so I know for next time). Most guests were courteous with the noise level and I only heard the odd suitcase come down the hall as I was attempting to sleep (being excited for a holiday doesn't help). There was one woman who kept coming and going that spoke too loudly for that time for night but after a little while she finally left.

The standard cabin is small as I expected. I could open my large suitcase up but not lay it out flat in the space between the bed and the bathroom to give you an idea. Again I expected this, I wasn't paying for a huge room, just somewhere to crash for a few hours. The bathroom is more of a wet room space but does the job perfectly fine.

The staff were friendly, I was offered a hot drink on arrival and I didn't order any food after that so I cannot comment on quality or speed. It was a bit pricey looking at the list but you do pass a Weatherspoons pub before you enter so you can always eat there (it is not open 24 hours though in case anyone is wondering).

I will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Bex_258,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and thank you for your kind comments about our crew and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

So convenient - why are there not more of them.

Only disconcerting thing is the purple lighting which if changed to something a little softer would make the place perfect.

Noisy people in hotels are a nuisance and generally people in Yotel are very respectful and it is really quiet. Rooms are pitch black so great sleep!

Room Tip: As far away from reception as possible so that the early departures and late arrivals are not going...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Stephen B,

It's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

'Though initially dubious, I found the Yotel experience just perfect for what I needed. A friendly host greeted me at 'mission control,' and showed me to my standard cabin, and I was able to spend a very comfortable night in this futuristic capsule! It was clean, the air seemed fresh, and though it's tiny, I found myself excited by the novelty of it. And most importantly, I was able to get up and get over to terminal 1 to meet my family off an early morning flight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Darrel M,

Thank you so much for your most kind review and your comments about our crew.

We are thrilled to see that you left YOTEL excited and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am at a loss to understand some of the complaints regarding the Yotel. We flew in to terminal 5 at 5.30am and did not want to go to our hotel knowing we could not check in until later in the day. Taking the airport connect to terminal 4 was easy. Finding the Yotel was easy as was checking in. Yes it is tiny but it is a pod not a resort. It was very quite and enabled us to have a few hours sleep. I don't sleep very well during the day so was awake a lot. I heard no outside noise at all. The shower was clean and hot and it was great to be able to brush my teeth in a clean place. The tv worked fine and the bed was a decent size. It is a great concept and it allowed us to begin our holiday refreshed.
We were welcomed when we arrived and we were treated well when we left. We are a couple in our mid 50s and usually stay in 5 star accommodation . The Yotel is adequate and does exactly what it is designed to do.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jan B,

Thank you so much for your most kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions be it in any of our airport locations in London (Heathrow & Gatwick), Amsterdam (Schiphol) and soon in Paris (Charles-de-Gaulle) or in our first ever city hotel in Manhattan, New York.

Kind regards

Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed twice at the Heathrow Yotel. Once in the Standard cabin and once in the Premium cabin. The Standard cabin is really small especially if you are traveling with a lot of baggage or more than one person. Both times I had a eight hour layover and was switching airlines so I had all of my checked baggage with me when I stayed at the Yotel. There is a luggage rack above the fold down desk area that accommodates a single suitcase in the Standard cabin. The Premium cabin has storage under the bed that easily accommodates two large suit cases and carry-on baggage. The Premium bed can be used as a sofa or with a push of a button it folds out flat for a great nap between flights. The added room in the Premium cabin would be a must for more than one person to prevent crawling over each other. If you are on a tight budget they will allow two people to stay in the Standard cabin, just know there isn't a door to the restroom/shower combo. In the Deluxe cabin there is a sliding glass door that separates the bathroom, this is convenient if you take a hot steamy shower but don't want the sleep in a sauna afterward. Extra towels are available at the front desk free of charge along with earplugs, hairdryer, alarm clock, extra pillows, and adaptors. Body wash/shampoo is provided in the shower. If you forgot any hygiene items they have a selection for sale at the front desk. All hot beverages are complimentary. There is a menu for in-room dining or there is a pub right outside of the Yotel for additional dining options. Overall I was very happy with the accommodations, the Wi-Fi was fast and the signal was strong (its included with your stay) and does not require a password to log in to the network, I also liked that I didn't have to leave the airport or take a taxi, plus I was able to sleep longer by not commuting to a hotel away from the airport. The only thing that I didn't care for was the extra charge to use anything other than a debit card :(

Room Tip: Rooms farther way from the front desk get less foot traffic and are quieter. However, I would recom...
Dear MangoMinx,

Thank you for your continuous preference and for taking the time to share your comments about your YOTEL experience through TripAdvisor.

It's nice to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and service. Kindly note that the credit card handling fee applies only for the initial booking; further to this any reservation amendment or food and drinks consumption etc do not incur an additional charge. Even this handling fee can be avoided if you use a debit card.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!