“Great rest, surgically clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Save Saved
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Accra, Ghana
“Great rest, surgically clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had to spend the middle of the day in the Yotel Heathrow and beside having from switching from Terminal 4 to 5, the place was heaven. I was staying in the first cabin and though there was lots of traffic I didn't find the noise a problem.

The sheets where spotless and cozy. The bathroom was glistening - though they should really frost the glass so that you aren't watching everyone else.

While the space is small it's really all one needs to sleep, watch TV or shower. Sitting in terminal for the whole day would have not been fun and a couple hours of real sleep makes layovers a whole lot better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear DxVxD,

Thank you for choosing YOTEL and for posting your review.
It's great to see that you appreciated our concept and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Conveniently located at terminal 4 Yotel removes the stress of getting to the airport on time with the added benefit of a couple of extra hours sleep. Although the rooms are small they are well thought out providing ample space for our 4 large bags. This was our second stay at Yotel and we will back next time we are in the UK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mickimboo,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was an excellent option for what I was looking for. I planned a one day layover in London and was extremely satisfied that I chose this place. The best part was to be able to pick your own check-in / checkout time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear NaveenNoel

It's nice to see that you were happy with your choice to stay with us.

Thank you for choosing YOTEL and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Heathrow.

General Manager - YOtEL London Heathrow
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a nine-hour layover at Heathrow, and after some research, booked a standard room. I checked in about midnight.

The room --"cabin"--was clean, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked perfectly. The shower arrangement is fine, although I think that the curtain that draws across the entire bathroom enclosure should have been designed to just surround the shower area -- water splattered (slightly) on the toilet paper and toilet, even through the shower spray was directed straight down.

The front desk clerk offered me a cup of coffee when I checked out. The coffee was good.

The check-in and check-out process is super easy. The location can't be beat for a huge airport like Heathrow (it will take you 15-20 minutes, by bus, to get to from the Yotel in Terminal 4 to a connection in Terminal 5, so plan ahead.)

My only problem was noise. The doors to the "cabins" are very solid and you can easily hear them open and close as well as hear people walking up and down the corridor outside your cabin. The worst thing (bad luck, I guess) was that a group of youngsters checked in about 1 a.m. and made a lot of racket -- opening and closing doors, talking loud, running back and forth between each other's rooms -- until I finally yelled at them, from my bed, to say that people were trying to sleep!

The noise abated after that, but I mention this because it's so important: When you are using a place to basically sleep and shower between connections, the noise level is very important!

I would book the Yotel again under the same circumstances, but I would admonish the desk clerk, upon my check in, to please mention to guests that it's important to hold down the noise in such a small facility!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Albert C

Thank you for staying at YOTEL London Heathrow and for your kind comments.

It looks like you appreciated the YOTEL concept and our crew service. We are very pleased about this.

We are really sorry to see that your short stay with us was marred by noise..

Our cabins are designed to an acoustic specification over and above the current building code. In the few years of our operation we have gained experience that helped us improve even more. We do rely on our guests to be conscious of the travellers’ desire to be quiet as much as is humanly possible and we convey this message. We are sorry that our efforts did not have the sought-after result for you during this stay. We will do our utmost to ensure that incident such as the one you experienced is not repeated.

Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!

With our best regards

Yiorgos P Peroutseas
Givatayim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Super clean, friendly staff and a nice idea!
The room is really small (Japanese style almost!), and being two in a standard room is really tight, but it's location within Heathrow terminal 4 and affordable prices are unbeatable.
If you think you'll have room for two people to repack... Think again.
Other than that it was perfect for what we needed!

Room Tip: Standard room has a really small bed so choose smartly (sleep head to toe when two people)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear sojohan,

Thank you for review. It's fantastic to see that you appreciated our concept and crew service!
YOTEL has been designed by aircraft designers aiming to provide all those amenities for someone who wishes to relax before or after a long flight, or in between flights.

All our beds are custom made.
Standard cabins have a large single bed at 100cm×200cm, which is larger than the UK standard bed sizes (75cm×180cm & 90cm×190cm -National Bed Federation). Our Premium cabins are more spacious and have a double-size bed (130cm×200cm). You may wish to give it a go next time you are around!

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's affordable, it's clean, beds and pillows are comfortable, shower/toilet area are the perfect size for any individual, but most importantly....it's just so darn cute! Ok, the latter is probably not the most helpful advice, but it is very comfortable and it has everything you need at a affordable price. Additionally, the "crew members," as they like to call their staff, are wonderful! They were extremely helpful, polite and a breath of fresh air after dealing with grumpy airline attendants and boarder guards. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who's in between transfers or flying stand-by. I've stayed here 4 different times and each time, the rooms have always been well kept, beds and pillows have always been comfortable and the staff have been exceptionally helpful. They have done their best to really accommodate everyone's situations (for instance, I once stayed here and was waiting on a stand-by flight and I asked to stay longer in my room. They were so quick to help and allow me an additional few hours. Thanks again, Yotel!)

Room Tip: The standard rooms may be considered small for people who are 6 feet tall (i'm 4'11, so I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear katherine j,

You're most welcome and thank you for your most kind comments about our crew and your recommendation!
It's always a pleasure welcoming you back.

Until the next time,

Warm regards

Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I needed an affordable option for my last night in London that would be close to the airport, and in doing my research came across Yotel. I checked in at 10 pm and had a 9:30 am flight. This was a great option. I had a standard room and it was just enough space to do a final pack and still have some legroom after being cramped on a train for hours. The "pod like" bed was so comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. The staff were helpful and quick to assist me. The wifi was free and worked fast! I highly recommend this place if you are in need an good night's sleep and want to be close to the airport (or in the airport.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear geethegreat,

Thank you for your kind review, especially for your comments about our Crew, and your recommendation! Pleased to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!