“Great Option for Affordable Onsite Airport Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Tyler
“Great Option for Affordable Onsite Airport Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I needed an affordable option for my last night in London that would be close to the airport, and in doing my research came across Yotel. I checked in at 10 pm and had a 9:30 am flight. This was a great option. I had a standard room and it was just enough space to do a final pack and still have some legroom after being cramped on a train for hours. The "pod like" bed was so comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. The staff were helpful and quick to assist me. The wifi was free and worked fast! I highly recommend this place if you are in need an good night's sleep and want to be close to the airport (or in the airport.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear geethegreat,

Thank you for your kind review, especially for your comments about our Crew, and your recommendation! Pleased to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have always found overnight flights from N. America to Great Britain are difficult because you arrive exhausted and standard hotels are often not ready for you to check in until mid-afternoon.

Yotel's flexible check-in times completely eliminates this problem. Being on-site also means you don't have to deal with the car rental and driving hassles before you're wide awake. On our most recent vacation to England, we started our stay by heading directly to the Yotel in Terminal 4, slept for 3 hours and woke up refreshed, ready for our vacation with no jet lag to slow us down.

The rooms ("cabins") are small, but extremely functional. The beds are very comfortable and the showers (unlike so many in Britain!) are great. The rooms are quiet and can be darkened completely to allow for sleeping at odd hours. We booked two rooms -- a standard for our teenage son and a twin bed for my husband and myself. Both rooms more than met our expectations.

My only complaint is that they don't have parallel facilities in more airports!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear JLouiseB,

Thank you for your most kind comments! Great to see that we went above your expectations; delighted that you enjoyed our monsoon shower and comfy beds!

YOTEL provides a quiet environment designed to offer our guests all the comfort and the amenities necessary to allow a good sleep or to freshen up. One of the best things is the flexibility of choosing when you need the cabin and you only pay for the hours you stay, be that as short as 4 hours or as long as you wish to.

We hope to welcome you back to one of our airport locations and if you get the chance to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Warm regards

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have an annual eight hour layover in Heathrow en route from Canada to South Africa. Overnight flight in economy class, jetlag and exhaustion after a hectic two weeks in Canada convinced me to find a hotel room for the few hours - but as a rule they are expensive and such a schlep to get to and from. The Yotel was perfect - a beautiful shower (lovely shower gel) and soft and cosy bed to catch up on a few hours sleep before the second flight. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The standard cabin would be too small for two people, but nice and cosy for one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Maggi L,

We are excited to see that we have helped you to enjoy your travelling experience. YOTEL provides a quiet environment designed to offer our guests all the comfort and amenities necessary to allow a good sleep or to freshen up in a cosy space .

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon be it in London, Amsterdam or Manhattan-New York and soon in Paris!

Best regards

NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Yotel is the only affordable accommodation solution located actually at Heathrow terminal. I had stayed once before before an early flight and found it again satisfactory on this visit. Each standard cabin has a single bed on one side of the door, a strip like bathroom with shower at one end, toilet at the other end on the other side of the door. In the middle in a small space where you can use a fold down table on the wall. The cabins are small but still manage to feel not too claustrophobic because of the clever use of mirrors. TV and wifi included. The area is relatively quiet despite the travellers coming and going. The staff are helpful anf supplied with me an alarm clock for my early wake up and a breakfast box for 6 pounds containing OJ, 2 croissants and a tea which was helpful as it was too early for proper shops to be open. One would not stay here on a vist to London but as a place to rest before making connections, Yotel does the job perfectly and at a reasonable price. Well worth it.

NB- Keep in mind that Terminal 4 is a bit off the beaten track from the other terminals and you need to get going early enough to make the transfer before your flight. There is a bus or you can get the free Heathrow express train. I needed to go to T5 and found that it took me nearly an hour with the train even though the distance is not far because the trains kept waiting for more passengers.

N.N.B- Yotel does not allow you to leave luggage if you are not staying there. You can leave luggage at T4 left luggage office for 8.50 pounds per item for 24 hours. The left luggage is not far from Yotel. I left my bags and went to London on the Tube (which runs direct from T4 on the Picadilly line-50 mins into Central London) and then picked them up and checked into Yotel on my return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nsw123,

Thank you for staying at YOTEL and for your review!

It's fantastic to see that you appreciated our concept and our service.

Due to our location our available space is extremely limited and we, unfortunately, cannot accommodate requests to hold on to luggage unless these are placed inside the cabins. As you rightly point out there is such a facility within the terminal (just a couple minutes walk from the hotel).

Thank you once again for your most kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kindest regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had an early flight into Heathrow before meeting friends in London for a hen do. Decided to book into Yotel for four hours to get a couple of hours sleep and a shower before heading into the city. Relatively quick check in- with a brief security check on my bag.

I stayed in a standard cabin which was ideal for one and I'd say for a short stay fine for a couple (if you don't have too many bags!) comfy clean bed with tv, bathroom facilities all you need to freshen up- good rainforest style shower. Only a curtain between the bed and the toilet though which may be a consideration depending on who you're travelling with!

Only slight negative was the constant coming and going of people does inevitably lead to some noise. I just left my tv on quietly and that helped me sleep through most of the human traffic! No air traffic noise at all :-)

Wifi in the cabins is free- phone signal for me was non existent (three) and there is no option to phone an outside line from the cabin. I was offered the use of the phone at reception but once I was tucked up in bed that wasn't overly useful!

Overall I would recommend it. Nice to properly lie down and sleep and a shower whilst travelling is always nice :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear SquigglySquid,

Thank you for choosing YOTEL and for your review!

It's great to see that you appreciated our concept and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
A fellow traveller and YOTEL guest brought up as well the point of the mobile phone reception. Due to our location within the terminal this is extremely limited but it also serves the purpose of keeping overall the property as quiet as possible (no phone rings), since there is always a tired traveller who sleeps at YOTEL whatever the time might be.

Of course our complimentary WiFi internet allows you to use programs such as Skype etc. to make calls and keep in touch with business partners or friends and family!

Indeed and whilst just a stone's throw away from the runway, noise from outside is non-existent. We are trying to eliminate any source of noise but unfortunately this is not always possible. We do rely on our guests to be conscious of the travellers’ desire to be quiet as much as is humanly possible. We are sorry that our efforts did not have the sought-after result for you during this stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards

East Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Found out about Yotel on Tripadvisor when looking for somewhere close to T4 for early morning flight. Pricing was very reasonable and you can not stay closer.
I thought the room layout was good ( decided on deluxe room for myself only) and everything i needed was there. Bed and bedding were super comfy and large towels/monsoon shower too.
I did find that my mobile phone reception was a bit poor (Orange/EE) which was surprising but wifi was good.
Since I often need accommodation at LHR before or after a flight Yotel is a great find for me.

Dear Teaeee,

Thank you for choosing YOTEL and for your review!

It's really nice to see that you appreciated our concept and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Due to our location within the terminal mobile phone reception is extremely limited -this serves though the purpose of keeping overall the property as quiet as possible (no phone rings), since there is always a tired traveler who sleeps at YOTEL whatever the time might be.

Of course our complimentary WiFi internet allows you to use programs such as Skype etc to make calls and keep in touch with business partners or friends and family!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Yotel rooms are small but comfortable. Just big enough for a bed and bathroom, but they are perfect if you are looking to catch up with a few hours of sleep as you move through time zones. I can't sleep when I fly in economy class, so it's a perfect spot to get a bit of sleep if you have time between flights.

I had a standard cabin with a single bed. The bed was an upper bunk so it required a bit of climbing. (maybe not the best for someone with mobility issues). My colleague in the room next to me had a lower bunk that was a bit easier to access. There isn't a lot of room for luggage, but I only had carry-on, so it wasn't a problem. The room was clean and had a bathroom with a shower across from the bed. The bathroom had a glass wall across with a curtain that could be drawn for some degree of privacy.

The room was clean and adequately maintained. It had a television and a collapsible desk if you wanted to get some work done. Also, the room can be booked by the hour, so your price will vary depending on the length of time you stay. I thought it was a good service and would use it again.

Room Tip: try for the lower bunk in the standard room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Wimsey,

It looks like you appreciated our concept and service. YOTEL has been designed by aircraft designers aiming to provide all those amenities for someone who wishes to relax before or after a long flight, or in between flights.

We also have Premium cabins, which are more spacious. You may wish to give it a go next time you are around.

Thanks once again and we look forward to...detaining you again in our boutique design... prison in the future!

With best wishes

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!