“Nice pit stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Hounslow
Toronto, Canada
“Nice pit stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

i used the Yotel at Heathrow airport between flights from Toronto to Cape Town. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was a nice break to relax after not sleeping in a cramped BA seat. It's also nice to know you can have a bit of peace/relaxation, evena shower and not have to subscribe to an airline club.

Room Tip: I chose the single, basic room for 32GBP or about $55 Canadian dollars.

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Value for money: The low price per hour fits perfectly with the compact rooms. I very much value this concept.

Rooms: Compact is the word. Perfect for a few hours in order to sleep, wash and continue on your journey. The rooms are equipped with TV, AC, Heating, comfy beds. Never had an issue with cleanliness.

Staff: Are very helpful and attentive. They make a mean hot chocolate.

Location: A little trek if you're not in the same terminal, but very much worth it.

Room Tip: If there are 2 people, don't go with standard, use premium. I've made that mistake once befo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YotelHQ, Sales and Marketing Executive at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are so happy that you appreciated the YOTEL crew service and are enjoying staying with us. I will make sure that the positive feedback gets back to our Heathrow team.

We have had lots of positive feedback on our complimentary hot drink, but it is also really nice to hear that we make a mean hot chocolate. ;)

I am pleased to inform you that we also have Airport hotels at London Gatwick airport and at Amsterdam Schiphol airport. In the future we do hope that you will be able to find us in every major airport.
Maceio, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Clean with a gentle crew. The room is small, indeed. But it is practical, specially if you are travelling with few stuff. The location, at the airport, makes it an interesting choice if you must wait overnight to get a conection flight in the next day.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a little expensive - £71 for an overnight stay - but it was just so fantastically convenient - situated right in terminal 4 of Heathrow airport. I had left home the night before my flight because I was worried forecast snow might have stopped me getting there on time the next day so it was a last minute thing. The hotel staff were kind and courteous and the tiny cabin provided everything I needed and made me feel very safe and comfortable. There was a shower, a toilet, a big t.v. Wifi, a desk, power points and, of course a comfy bed. It was all spotlessly clean. I also understand that you can book the cabin by the hour so it would be perfect to get a few hours sleep between flights. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New Quay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for about six hours a few weeks ago and it cost me £65.00 which was a little expensive but I felt much better in the morning rather than trying to sleep on the airport benches. The cabins are OK, very clean but they are quite noisy with quests checking in and out all night.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here with my husband the night before we left for our honeymoon. Check in was easy and fast and we were directed to our room by the friendly receptionist. It is within terminal 4 so there are a few shops around but not many however you can move between the terminals easily. The room was quite hot and we found it difficult to sleep however the bed was comfortable and the facilities good. I think there are snacks and drinks for sale although we went to WHSmith to buy ours. Each room also has a tv.

In the morning there is a bus to take you to the other terminals to catch your flight which we nearly missed as we were waiting at the wrong bus stop. The driver very kindly asked us where we were going before he drove off.

It felt very safe staying within the airport and made the excitement of going away increase! A very reasonable price for the location. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Location – If you are flying out of Terminal 4, you could not get any closer: it is on the second floor of T4, mere steps away from the check-in desks. Terminal 4 is pretty easy to get to, either from other terminals or from almost anywhere else.

Check-in – I did not make a reservation, as I was unsure as to what time I would be able to get to LHR. I was able to check online a few hours earlier, and did still see they had rooms available. The staff member behind the desk was very nice, especially after dealing with what looked to be a difficult customer ahead of me. She took my request, processed it very efficiently, and I was all set. I asked for an alarm clock, (they are not standard in the rooms) and she even offered to set it for me. She then asked if I would like a beverage! One could not ask for a better, more efficient check-in. I even stopped by again later for another cup of tea, and once again she was a delight to deal with. If you have a reservation, you can use the check-in machines, similar to the ones at airports.

Room – The main selling point of the Yotel, is its proximity to the airport. If you like suite-style rooms, where you can spread out, look out the window, admire the view and order a three course meal via room service, this may not be for you. The rooms are compact. I had a premium cabin (all the standards were sold out), and it is just 110 square feet. But for the weary traveler, it has everything you need and more. TV was a decent size with an above average channel line-up. Wifi signal in room was strong and had a decent speed. Almost the entire room can be controlled from a panel on the side of the bed, to close the window blind (your view is the corridor outside), activate room lights, reading lights, nightlight (turns the whole room a trippy shade of purple!), or turn everything off. There are a decent number of power outlets, and even a desk at the side of the bed. If you are spending any time in the room, the bed can be slid backwards by powered control, to allow more room. The bed was very comfortable, and you only get a duvet, no sheet (one hopes the duvet covers are changed each time!). The room temperature was perfectly set by the thermostat in the room. The bathroom is a bit cramped, and if there are two of you in the room and one wants to use the toilet while the other is in the shower, there won’t be any privacy! However, bathroom is comfortable, good mirror for shaving, and shower has a monsoon head and is better than a lot of much fancier hotels. Good quality toiletries are provided in an eco-friendly manner (refillable bottles, rather than the tiny ones you usually get, which then end up getting thrown away).

Restaurant – No restaurant attached to the hotel, but there do have a great complimentary drinks service, and will do food from their ‘To Go’ menu. Just outside the Yotel, is the Wetherspoons, which does an agreeable job for a chain restaurant in an airport.

Amenities – There is free wifi, but that is about it. Yotels primary purpose are the rooms, so if you need a fitness center, a swimming pool or meeting room, look elsewhere. There are pay internet stations just outside the hotel, and you are steps away from all the facilities that the airport has (pre-security).

Check-out – Just before check out, I returned the alarm clock and asked for a cup of tea. So I didn’t have to wait, the manager said he would bring it to my room when ready! Upon check out, I was greeted again by the manager, who took pains to make sure my stay was good (he actually seemed interested when asking this, unlike other hotels where they ask you but continue to look away and shuffle papers when you reply), and he even asked me if I would like another drink to take with me. It is gratifying to see a manager leading by example.

If, like me, you have a bit of a journey to get to LHR, an early flight, or just like being right at the airport just in case, you could do no better than the Yotel. I would even consider renting the room for a few hours, if I had a long layover or a long journey ahead and wanted a shower and a nap (one of the features that set them apart from their competitors).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!