“Yotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Newcastle
“Yotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

For convenience during connecting flights this is a great place to stay. You get exactly what it says on the tin - small, compact but comfortable and with everything you need. Quiet, good shower, comfortable bed, electrical points to charge your phones, ipads etc . Didn't really need much else for a stay during flight connections. Located in Terminal 4 but this is easily reached by free transfers offered at Heathrow. I arrived Terminal 5 and departed Terminal 3 and there were no problems. Check in was a bit problematic as the automated check in machines were not working and no one was on reception - I had to wait no more than 5 minutes but I wasn't clear what was happening as the doors were locked and I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. If this happens to anyone I would suggest banging on the doors as hard as you can until the receptionist comes back!! However I won't base this rating on that as I'm assuming it was a temporary situation. Overall, great place if you're not staying long - quiet,comfortable, plenty of space but not for the claustrophobic!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

When compared to a full-size, full-service hotel, it seems expensive, until you factor in the price of taxis to and from the closest airport hotel. Yes, the room is the size of a closet, but the bed is super-comfortable, shower is strong and hot, cable tv, wifi and coffee are free. What more do you need?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Menai Bridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

One must realise that Yotel is a "Japanese" style hotel i.e. small rooms for a short stay while waiting for a flight. Saying that we've stayed in it about 6 times now and find it excellent. It's right in Heathrow Terminal 4 so it's within a short distance to the check-in desks.
It's not so cheap, but if you're staying at any other of the Heathrow hotels you've got to factor in the taxi or bus fare to get to these hotels, with Yotel you're within walking distance of the trains as well as the arrivals and departure areas. Snacks can be bought at the reception desk, but Weatherspoons bar is right by the front door and we usually dine there. We're big fans of Yotel and if we go through Heathrow we will always stay there

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This little gem is basically a collection of inside cruise cabins wedged inside T4 Heathrow at mezzanine level (elevators from H area). Each cabin is fully self contained and has everything you need for a 2 hours to 8 hours sleep. Excellent bedding and shower. It's tiny, but what else do you really need? If you have a few hour layover or delay, late arrival or early departure at Heathrow, you would be crazy not to head here. On top of reasonable hourly price, you get nice, strong and free wireless Internet. Beats the heck out of any airline lounge.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived in Heathrow on a Thursday evening and had to fly Friday at noon. Didn't want to waste time going to London and back, so Yotel was the perfect choice. Small cabins, but it provided an excellent option for a good sleep and a shower to prepare for a long flight the next day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
YotelHQ, Sales and Marketing Executive at YOTEL London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your comments.

Since we are located inside the terminal building it is indeed the ideal place to relax, refresh, connect and get some sleep before an early flight, when in transit or before your onward journey.

We hope to welcome you back soon, either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance; to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Thanks again
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would strongly recommend Yotel London Heathrow. It is clean and convenient. I arrived from the US at night and my next flight left early the following morning, so Yotel provided that I could get sleep and a shower without wasting time and money leaving the hotel property. The staff was extremely courteous too. I think all airports should have a Yotel. It makes so much sense.

Room Tip: I got the premium room and it is tight for one person, but able to work for two people for a short a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are so happy that you appreciated the YOTEL crew service and enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that the positive feedback gets back to our Heathrow team.

I am pleased to inform you that we also have Airport hotels at London Gatwick airport and at Amsterdam Schiphol airport. In the future we do hope that you will be able to find us in every major airport.

Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

In 1972 I saw a hotel in the Frankfurt airport where one could take a shower and sleep etc. during a long layover which I remembered. After my arrival at Heathrow before picking up a car for a month long drive through the countryside last year I was in no shape to meet the challenge after my overnight US flight. And I had scored all three seats going over.

It had been thirty years exactly since I'd driven in England and I figured life had changed. Had it ever. YOTEL was the answer to all my dreams right in the airport proper.

I paid for the exact number of hours I needed to sleep. The female attendants helped me with my luggage and showed me to a prefab room not unlike what one might find in a Tokyo businessman's hotel.

As white as a cloud the double bed beckoned. Set up high like a railroad car sleeper compartment it was replete with flat screen TV. There might have been magazines too. Opposite was a curtained toilet, shower,sink and mirror plus luggage space. They even gave me a preset alarm clock to keep me on course.

I had only one complaint which the girls actively encouraged me to relate to management...there was only one bedlength step up to a very narrow tread with to a too high riser... then the bed. I have long legs and any sleepyhead could get injured on the way down.
You know that funny feeling when the step feels like it isn't there. Guess what? It ain't... at least not where you thought you left it.

Besides being very accommodating these kids made me the best cappacino I had that whole month.

Room Tip: Just choose the right size bed. You can just pop in and catch as catch can. It's easy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your resent stay with us.

Sounds like you really appreciate our concept and amenities, and that it was a perfect fit for your short layover at Heathrow.

For future reference, the Premium cabin (with a double bed) is larger than the Standard cabin you stayed in, it has extra luggage storage underneath the bed where you can store all larger pieces of baggage away.

We hope to welcome you back soon, either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!