“Convenient, comfortable but a little noisy...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
“Convenient, comfortable but a little noisy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Good idea. Room was clean and comfortable. Reminded me of the Virgin Upper class suite but turned into a room. Very novel and I'd stay there again for sure as it's ideal for over night or I guess for a day room. One word of warning though it can be rather noisy. My cabin (I found out the next day after a bad night's sleep) was behind the motor for an automatic door. Like I said, I'd go again but next time I'd request a quiet room. Passing 'traffic' I expect in a airport hotel but the door thing was a bit of a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my 3 year old, in terms of convenience it was awesome. It reduced all the potential stress involved in getting to check in by 8am. It meant we could sleep in until as late as possible and then just pop downstairs fresh and well rested - I kept my trolley with me outside my cabin so no dramas in transporting my luggage either.
We stayed in a premium twin cabin - which was roomier than I thought it would be, the beds were a good size with lovely white laundered sheets.
Room service and the menu was good - it meant I could get food delivered whilst my child relaxed and I had a lovely power shower ( thumbs up to the organic body wash and shampoo provided and the quality white towels) menu items were also kid friendly.
They had run out of my favourite get me through the night cap sadly - red wine! So I had to make do with rose' blah!!
The free wifi worked well - It would have been good if a sky/foxtel kids channel was available (as cbeebies closes down at 6 pm) or Internet tv for bbc ondemand or channel 5 etc so best to carry your own mobile device to access these.
The cabin was quiet, although the free earplugs from reception were a nice thought.
The crew members were not perhaps the most efficient or organised, ( my breakfast order hadn't been written down the night before and I had to chase up a few room service orders) but they were genuine and friendly, offering apologies, gratuities and menu suggestions which more than made up for it.
The only complaint I had was that the aircon was centrally controlled and as the rooms are windowless I found it a bit warm and stuffy, and my throat got a bit dry whilst sleeping, however they have said that they are looking into resolving this. I recommended a portable fan to help move the air around.
I will definitely stay here again the next time I long haul it back to the UK from Oz, especially if it's just me and my child and I will recommend it to all of my other uk expat friends out here that have to travel back to see family

• Stayed October 2012
Jagulon Beta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very convenient for early T4 departure when you are coming from up country. Friendly reception staff offered a drink on arrival and then brought it to the cabin. A little thing that means a lot in terms of attitude to customers.

Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was coming into Healthrow T4 early in the morning after a trip from the US with United, and had to wait for 6 1/2 hours before transferring to T1 for my next flight on BA. Yotel was a true godsend - to have the opportunity to rest in your own private space and then have a shower and get ready for the next leg of the journey was bliss. The single cabin cost £35 for 4 hours, it had a comfortable bed, flat screen TV with movies, bathroom with a nice, hot, powerful shower, you can get free tea/coffee, a hairdryer, an alarm clock and can even order roomservice. Oh, and free Wifi, which is more than you would get in the Hilton down the road.....There was absolutely nothing else I needed or wanted for, and I started my onward journey feeling rested, relaxed and fresh. Brilliant - the more of these we have in airports around the world, the better!

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Need a break on a layover in Heathrow or Gatwick and want a real bed? Have an early morning flight and don't want to brave public transport at the crack of dawn or before? Yotel's pods, complete with WiFi, flat screen TV, comfortable beds and mod facilities are the answer. Immaculately clean and with room service offered, Yotel is an ideal place to chill out. This is not a room with a view, nor is it meant to be. It is intended as a tiny refuge, and invariably I book here the night before a flight. Space is economically used so that there is room for everything as long as you are not traveling with the kitchen sink, and the price is competitive. A great idea, well executed!

Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Heathrow and Gatwick have YOTEL’s on site inside the terminals for sleeping off the hours of connecting flight 'layovers' in clean, comfortable, quiet cabins.

Get the big cabin with the double bed and your golf travel bag will fit under the bed or stand it up in the bathroom while you are sleeping.

And there's space left over to stow at least two carry-on pieces of luggage in your YOTEL cabin.

When you arrive from the US, or depart from Heathrow, you have to re-check your golf travel bag and checked-in luggage and take it with you when you connect through Gatwick both going to Faro and on the return.

Or you could spend $2,200 more than I did, on an airline ticket, and fly direct to Lisbon from Florida with an easy connection into Faro.

But $2,200 buys a lot of golf greens fees and great food and wine in Portugal.

For budget conscious golf travelers, YOTEL cabins are affordable and the coffee is free too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ariège
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked a double cabin for four hours as we had a long delay between flights in and out of Heathrow. We didn't want to leave the Terminal (too complicated and stressful) so Yotel was the ideal solution as it is easily accessible within Terminal 4 and can be booked by the hour. Once you get used to no outside windows it is quite spacious, very clean, has an excellent shower room and comfortable bed which extends electrically. Also space underneath bed for two big cases. We didn't take advantage of free tea/coffee service but it was offered on arrival. Would have been nice of have had free bottled water in the room. Very easy check-in/check out with staff explaining the workings of the room lighting and bed system. Also trolley available for heavy luggage. Room might be a bit claustrophobic for long stay.

Room Tip: This "pod" hotel fits perfectly the function we assume it was designed for - booking by th...