“Does exactly what it says on the can !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Special Rate
4 Hours Day Let from £35
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Does exactly what it says on the can !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Not quite a can, but a 'pod' which is approx. 10' x 12' and includes; place to hang clothes, work desk & chair, queen sized bed, TV, wash basin, shower & toilet !

The bed is on hydraulics which moves the bed from flat (Luggage hidden underneath) to a sofa shape, allowing more floor space and to use the bed as a sofa.

The bed is a little firm for my liking, but perfectly acceptable. Sound proofing was good, although I had the pod immediately next to the reception/gallery, which meant I could hear everyone as they arrived/departed (Try avoiding number 11).

My flight was delayed 3 hours meaning I already missed 2 hours at the start of my pre-paid period. The receptionist offered to extend my departure time free of charge, which was a nice gesture. I'm sure this would depend on occupancy.

If you need a quiet place to catch some sleep and/or freshen up for a few hours, this is a great option.

Room Tip: The further away from reception, the quieter the room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if you have an early morning flight or if you have a multi-hour layover and want to catch a shower and nap. Spartan accommodation, but very clean. Only complaint is that the bed is quite firm. Firm as a slab of marble, even. It can be made more comfortable though, just ask for an extra blanket/duvet and sleep on top of one of them. I'll likely use this place again.

• Stayed November 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I will stay here again if I have late arrival airline to London Heathrow Airport. Reasonable price. clean. Get everything you need..you have to check out on-time. no too much space for your bag and luggage.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a single cabin for the night before flying out in the morning.

What was good:

Clean and comfortable - the cabin was clean and the bed was ok

Good location -right in Terminal 4 -you can't complain

Quiet in the cabin -good soundproofing helps

Easy check-in and check out - very quick check-in and check out

What was bad:

Not maintained well - both cabins I had were a little tatty with the air-con nob having fallen off in one and frayed edges in various places. That said, it was a stop-off so I wasn't overly worried.

Poor plumbing - At 12:30 in the morning the drains started to make a gurgling noise. Within 5 minutes my room stank like a toilet. I stumbled out of bed -half awake and went to reception

Let down by customer service - I wasn't overly happy with the drains but was knackered so didn't bother complaining but went to reception and explained. I was offered another room key. I then asked for help with my bags as I really didn't fancy carrying all my suitcases down the alley. I was informed that this wasn't possible but that I could take my time.

The concept isn't good and I suspect I was just unlucky but for me it was a really rubbish stay,

North Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel room is great for overnight lay between connection flights. It is very compact but enough for rest. It is very clean and bed is comfortable and electrically positional. The shower rain head is great! They rooms should be noise proof. You can hear the automatic corridor door all night and the steps of people on the hallway, which is an elevated wood floor. They give you a set of earplugs which is handy but, it has no use, because if you actually wear them, you won't be able to hear the alarm to wake up to get ready to check out and caught the flight. It is a good alternative hotel room if you at least have 6 hours of waiting time between connections.
They offer free tram between the terminals. It will take at least 30 mins each way to get to the hotel and out to your terminal. It will be more convenient if this is located on the international terminal. Our flight arrival was late at night and ALL the restaurants were close. They only have coffee, tea and few drink options.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked into Yotel only because we wanted to experience something out of the ordinary and we were flying out of Heathrow the next morning, so it was convenient.
We were very impressed with the layout and engineering of such a tiny space. We had all the room we needed and were perfectly comfortable with enough storage for our luggage under the bed/sofa and a very functional bathroom.
The were two issues that prevented us from giving this an excellent rating:
1- We were constantly being woken up during the night due to our room's proximity to the check-in desk. Even though the hallway has HUGE writing on it reminding people to please be quiet, that particular room was absolutely awful for sleep quality. After all the engineering and thought that went into creating such a unique space, the owners would be well advised to invest in sound proofing those rooms. Not since the days of travelling "ultra budget" have we experienced such poor quality sleep in any hotel we've stayed in. Too bad.
2 - More seriously - several times during the night our room filled with the odour of jet fumes/fuel. Someone needs to look at where the air intake is located because we both got headaches from this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the check-in desk as possible if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrived very early in the morning after 20 hrs travelling and not able to book into hotel until the afternoon would have meant hanging around the airport for 10 hours. Checked on the internet and found YOTEL. Hotels near the airport were much more expensive and would have meant another bus or taxi to get to. YOTEL was as it stated. Small but very well planned cabin accommodation. I was traveling with my sister in-law and it was a great place to relax, freshen up and catch our breath before moving onto London city. Staff were very friendly and helpful and best of all there is a great little pub/restaurant right out the front and convenience store and taxi ramp just below. Great location, easy to find, great value, glad I checked this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Heathrow Hotel Bath Road
Heathrow Hotel Bath Road
#2 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 stars 1,668 reviews

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!