“Good value for money.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL London Heathrow Airport

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hounslow
YOTEL London Heathrow Airport
You added YOTEL London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Arrivals Mezzanine Landside | Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3XA, England   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value for money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Heathrow Yotel was a good alternative to a pricey airport hotel. They had availability and allowed me to check in earlier than the 9PM I had booked. Stayed until 4:30AM. Drawbacks were: 1) one hour line to clear passport control (In spite of what everyone will tell you, you do have to clear passport control, even if you are going to another terminal at the end of your stay); 2) bus from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 only runs once per hour early in the morning. The photos on their website make the cabins look larger than they are. However, cabin size is adequate for the purpose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newton Center, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Yotel was just what I needed when I arrived Heathrow on overnight flight from USA at 6:30 am. I had a late morning business meeting to attend outside London, so I napped and cleaned up in my Yotel room prior to my meeting. I did not waste time traveling into London to check into my hotel early then back out for mey meeting. Yotel was clean, very quiet, free wi-fi, just big enough, private shower, and priced right. I walked from baggage claim to Yotel and checked in within minutes. I was totally refreshed for my business meeting. Later that evening I went into London to check into my regular hotel in the West End where I stayed for the rest of the week. Yotel helped make my first day in the UK very productive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I checked in for about 6 hours. Room was extremely clean, well designed in terms of making good use of the small space, very comfortable, and so quiet that I couldn't believe I was at one of the busiest airports in the world. I will definitely stay anytime I have a long layover.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This post is about Yotel's online booking process.
I spend 2 evenings in unsuccessful attempts to book my stay online at yotel.com, finally I succeeded tonight, but this was not easy.
The problems with the process:
1) Non-standard navigation and layout of the pages (and especially of the payment page) makes the process very error-prone
2) There is no way to return from the payment page to the previous one.
3) If you leave the payment page (close your browser) after an unsuccessful attempt to book, the transaction is not fully rolled back! So when you try again , on the payment page the system tells you that you are already registered - so you are stuck again, because there is no way to log in from the payment page and no means to leave it :(

On phone support: - even though Yotel claims 24/7 phone support, nobody answers the phone. And there is no voicemail there...

An advice to users:
Note that even on an unsuccessful attempt to book the site saves your email and password, so on your next attempt you will need to select "Returning customers" option on page 4 and enter your email/pwd. if you select "new customers" option, you will get stuck on the payment page again :(

An advice to the owners:
1) Hire a professional to rework website's booking section. Whoever did it for you clearly never did it before, has not bothered to learn the standards of layout and navigation for a booking process, and has not tested site's usability.
2) If nobody answers your phones (that was my experience), remove the claim of 24/7 phone support from your website, just get an answering machine.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Perfect as a transfer accomodation. We stayed there for 8 hours because we didn't want to leave the airport. Very clean. Someone in a cabin nearby had a stomach problem because the toilet was flushing for a couple of hours. Earplugs would have helped.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed for 10 hours at the heathrow yotel and whilst my boyfriend was slightly dubious about the whole concept, I totally loved it. I'm a designer myself and I really appreciated the ergonomic and cool interior design.
The beds are super comfy - but be warned - when they say the standard cabin has a bed cosy for two people - they do mean cosy! If you prefer a bit of space between you and your other half, plump for the premium cabin.
The shower was excellent - powerful and hot.
Free hot drinks brought to our cabin was a nice touch.
Overall, I don't think you can beat this price or location - especially for an early morning flight like we had.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We booked the room for 40 hours. The location is ideal but it has it's limitations. Some of the amenities listed on the website are only available for the NYC Times Square location. So if you think they are going to store your luggage or there is a common place to eat, you may be disappointed. We had just come off of a cruise and had four pieces of luggage. After some moving around, it all fit but it was way tight. The shower doesn't have a door or curtain to keep the water from flooding the bathroom. So if you take a shower and then want to use the toilet, you must put your feet in water or mop up the water with the towel. If I were staying at Heathrow again, I will stay across the way at the Hilton. It's about a five minute walk, a better price and more room. If I had a short time to catch a nap, I would definitely stay here. The service was excellent. If we asked for anything (alarm clock, blow drier, more towels), they were instantly there. Also, in the premium room, the matress was three inches thick. I like a hard bed but if you don't, I would book elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to YOTEL London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!