“Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 188 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Bar, Fast Food, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Enjoy a quick snack and drink whilst you look back towards the main terminal and runways. See your plane being prepared as you relax only 1-2 minutes from any gate in Terminal 5 - B gates
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate (or rather tried to) at their Airside at HEATHROW T5. I ordered bangers and mash...the sausages were probably cooked two days before and the mash looked more like jelly. I sent it back saying loudly that the sausages were not fit even for dogs!
I then ordered a toasted sandwich which was barely edible. I feel this chain ( owned by Weatherspoons) served actually the worst meal I've had in years. T5 authorities ought to revoke their license to operate in the airport. Surely this is not acceptable food anywhere in a civilised country. I gave it one star but it deserves none.
They didn't charge me for the sausages and I left no tip.
How they dare serve English food of this quality I don't understand. Even the chips were soggy. One to avoid.

Visited June 2013

Nothumberland, UK
“Possibly the worst Weatherspoons in the UK?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Crown Rivers is one of the Weatherspoons group of cut price pubs. Generally food at Weatherspoons is no too bad, but this particular branch appears to succeed in getting everything wrong. Service is poor, with little recognisable English being spoken by staff and when food arrives, it too is poor, as can be evidenced by the amount left on plates.

I suggest that you try other Heathrow restaurants as this one certainly dos not paint a great picture of UK cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“I gave them one star because you cannot write a review with none!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything about my visit here leaves a huge amount to be desired. I know this is an airport facility, I do not expect gourmet food, I do not expect 5* silver service.

I do expect

- to be greeted in a reasonable, courteous and friendly manner
- to have a waitress who understands and speaks English
- that the food and drink served bears a passing resemblance to what it says on the menu
- to have staff who are watching the customers, possibly for an 'upsell' opportunity or at least to get your bill.

Did they meet my expectations?

The person who saw me to my seat did not actually say ANYTHING to me.

The waitress who took my order had difficulty understanding me - as I have a London accent! I could not understand what she was saying due to her very strong non British accent.

I ordered a pint of Magners - apart from the fact it was so cold it set my teeth on edge it was ok.

I ordered the Ultimate Burger but with no bacon. The Burger was of poor quality, the chips were lukewarm and soggy, the onion rings were burnt black on the edges and cold. Apart from that it was an excellent meal!

I was thinking of ordering a coffee, but as it took 9 minutes to attract the attention of a member of staff I gave up and just asked for the bill instead.

In fairness the one male server who seemed to be actually running around the tables (rather than stood at the till point chatting) when I pointed out out the issues he did offer a free drink which I declined and he then got 20% knocked off the bill.

I had originally decided just to write off my meal as a one off but the lady at the next table ordered the same food and she had exactly the same issues!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The was nothing about this place that was even remotely ok. The service was abysmal. After being sat, were were promptly ignored for a good amount of time. We both ordered the Tennessee burger, which was pictured in the terminal guide which looked great in the picture. About 30 min later, a server came by with a "burger"; 1 beef patty, with nothing on it, and a bun, no chips. After telling her this is not ours, she argued with us that it was what we ordered, although there were 2 of us and she dropped off 1 thing. It was not until the gentleman sitting next to us confirmed what we were telling her, that she accepted this.

Upon receiving the correct order, the food was disgusting. The burger was overcooked, dry and tough. The fries and onion rings were undercooked, cold and mushy. The waitress never came back around to tell her this. When we finally got someone to drop a check, it had extra stuff that we did not order.

Go to any other place in this terminal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“The sausage was OK......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a meal here while waiting for a flight home. I ordered the fat bloke's breakfast, plus a coffee. The coffee was good. It was clear my breakfast had been hanging around under a heater in the kitchen for some time. The beans were thick. The one mushroom tasteless. The 2 eggs were congealed, the 'rösti' were in fact soggy potato patties. The bacon was a micron thick. The sausage was really nice. The service was good and fairly quick, but there are better places in T5 than this. Try them!

• Visited April 2013