“Smart and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep & Fly
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Smart and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

As previous reviewers have noted the beauty of this hotel is its proximity to T5, after checking out we checked in and dropped our bags for our flight within 5 minutes. The rooms are fine, large beds and some nice touches such as TV in the bathroom albeit to high to view easily when in the bath. We had a very nice meal in Vivre and drinks in one of the bars, both of excellent quality however pretty pricey.
I would stay here again when flying out of T5, it makes life so simple.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Greek first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

My family & I were travelling during December when the crazy weather hit UK really badly. Our flight was massively delayed so that we weren't able to arrive London till 6am the following morning of the day we were supposed to check into Sofitel Heathrow. Due to the poor weather, the hotel was packed and unfortunately there were no more rooms other than a smoking one. We were only staying for a few hours because we had another flight to catch that day; at that point all we wanted as a room to re-organise ourselves and lay down for a bit. After 15 minutes of explaining, the receptionist let us into one of the luxurious suites to use until we had to depart for our flight which we appreciated greatly.

We are also impressed by the free concierge service that let us store our luggage at the hotel for a week. Overall, fantastic hotel!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I'd booked this hotel via Expedia and unfortunately I had stupidly had put '10' (October) as the month of our stay instead of '01' (January).
So, my jaw dropped when I was told we weren't booked in for the night of our arrival.

However, the staff were really helpful in trying to rectify the situation. A big shoutout to Jeremy (I'm pretty sure I got that name right) at reception who waited patiently on the phone for the Expedia guy in the Philippines to sort something out on the non-refundable booking over an horrendous phone connection!
(These online booking websites are great until there's a problem and then it gets pretty nasty.)

After being charged an additional 35 pounds for each of our two rooms we settled comfortably into the modern, clean and exceptionally quiet rooms. Bathrooms are very nice with good, strong showers.

We were only in London for one night so decided to do a bit of sightseeing rightaway.
There's the Heathrow Express train but at 32 pounds return it's too expensive. I decided to try the tube for a lot less money. Took about 45 mins to get to central London and the tube is always a lot of fun! Gotta love those tiny trains. It's classic London and the tube stations always remind me of those poor frightened Londoners who used them as air-raid shelters during WWII. Ahhh, I'm digressing ....

Back at the Sofitel we had a very comfortable and quiet night's sleep. I swear you cannot hear any plane noise at all even though they are visible from the windows of the bedrooms. Anyways, I'm a bit of a plane-spotter so it wouldn't have bothered me too much. Always the A320 parked out the front ...

Breakfast was quite good next morning and, at approx. 21 pounds per person, thank goodness for the weaker GBP.

My only criticism: there should be free wireless internet throughout the entire hotel.
It's 2010 fellas and a hotel of this quality in the UK should have free access by now. Sneak the charge into the room rate if you must because it's embarrassing to charge for it these days.

All in all, a very good hotel with very helpful and courteous staff and not out of the question if you're looking at a quick London sightseeing stopover.
I've paid a lot more in central London for a lot less hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Whilst it lacks the facilities of other Heathrow hotels (Swimming Pool etc.), the fact that it's connected by a covered walkway to the terminal made it perfect for me. These other hotels necessitate a fragmented journey by Hoppa bus to the Central Station, and another (or train) to T5.

The room was one of the best I've ever stayed in, comfortable and well decorated. Note the attached picture of the palacial bathroom.

Not only is there a choice of restaurants at the hotel, but you can easily walk to the terminal for yet more options. I opted for one of the hotel restaurants and wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We decided to book a Hotel at Heathrow as we had an early (0600) flight the next day, and at the time of booking, the snowy weather made us doubt if we would be able to get to the Airport in the morning.

I got a very good deal from the Late Rooms site.

The Hotel is brand spanking new, luxurious, well designed and from the minute we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. The room was fantastically comfortable and quiet.

We ate in the restaurant, a tad pricey, but it was a one off and excellent service and attention to detail.

Early morning check out effortless.

As this was a very early start we got the free Night Bus N9, runs every 15 mins to Heathrow Bus Station as the Tube did not start until 0500 and then walked the short distance to Terminal 1. We did not wish to pay the quoted £15 for a Taxi for the same trip !

As I said earlier this was a one off, worth every penny for the top rate and fault free experience.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We were in England for the holidays and chose to spend our last night at this hotel for the convenience of being next to Heathrow. We departed from terminal 4 which was a short cab drive away. It is actually connected to terminal 5 if you are lucky enough to be leaving from that terminal. We had a very pleasent stay at this hotel, really nice decor, great bed, nice bath and shower, and decent food in the restaurant. Highly recommend and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I travel for business ALOT!! In Dec '09 I needed to be near Heathrow. A friend recommended the Sofitel Heathrow as the location can't be beat. I booked online & requested an early arrival, as my flight arrived around 9 am. When I arrived I was told that unfortunately my room was not ready. I was OK with that, it happens. I was told that I would have to wait unitl after 2pm to get into a room. I was ok with that as well. THEN I was told that for an ADDITIONAL 40 pounds, I could be put into a room right away. I couldnt believe this! Terrible front desk service as well. I will NOT be staying in any Sofitel again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!