Firstly this hotel is great if you are travelling from Terminal 5, we however were travelling from terminal 1 which is a 30 min transfer via the Heathrow express away, terminals 2 and 3 would have taken a little longer however T4 would have taken considerably longer so consider this when booking.
The room was well appointed with a comfy chair and 2 single beds, there was a walk in shower and separate bath all was spotlessly clean. The TV choices were limited mostly news channels and the pay per view offerings were expensive. Check-in was quick and easy the check in is around 5 mins walk from the terminal and you have to go down one level to get to it. The easy check out feature wasn’t available for us which was a little inconvenient however this wasn’t a major issue as there was no queue.
The hotel is very large and our room wasn’t the easiest to find based on the room number all areas of the hotel were clean and the whole place exudes quality. We didn’t eat at any of the hotels restaurants instead choosing to visit one of the airports pubs this for me was a major plus point.
I have stayed at 3 Heathrow hotels and at the price this is by far the best for an over night stay before an early flight, five star all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel