Location; for T5 this hotel is perfect, just a short stroll through a tubular gantry and down one level in a lift straight into the terminal where the landside shops includes a M&S Simply Food outlet, if returning remember to use the single dedicated hotel lift as the others go only to the multi storey car parks, there were confused people using the hotel lift who wanted but couldn’t get access to the car park.
Ambiance; hotel is functional rather than grand, as mentioned by other reviewers it lacks soul, playing on its convenience for terminal 5, a rather clinical business hotel with no views from the inside and architecturally challenged on the outside. I agree with other reviewers that the digital light switches are difficult until you get used to them.
Beds; very comfortable, you may need steps to get onto the bed, all fixtures & fittings are to a very high standard, complete silence, spotlessly clean.
Price; whilst rack rates for this hotel are very expensive you can get some good rates at the moment if you shop around at the numerous internet hotel agencies and don’t just walk in. Horrendously expensive restaurants and room service, most people seem to go to the M& S outlet in the terminal.
Extras; everything is extra, for instance to watch TV £15 (you can’t even watch free to air TV channels), broadband £15, car park £15, can you guess how much room service delivery charge is? Walls appear to be built to screen out 3G signal so you are forced to buy the in-room broadband facility if you want to connect your laptop, the lobby can only get low signal GPRS and not 3G.
Breakfast is excellent, just about everything you could ever want and then some all topped off by a delightfully cheerful chef whose laughter makes a great start to the day. Please keep it up.
Hotel car parking; underground at £15 per 24 hours for hotel guests and £40 for non-guests. Being operated by a separate company to the hotel there are no notices to tell you this but you must have your parking ticket endorsed as a guest at reception before you go to the car park and pay there or you will pay the full price or have to return, you can waste time doing this, something which compromises the express checkout facility, and there is no refund.
Unlike the Gatwick Sofitel which I prefer, you can’t get access to the Club lounge unless you are in a suite and these are priced as though you are buying rather than renting a room, being well beyond the reach of mere mortals, and A Club members can’t upgrade or get access to Club level.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.