“A new favourite in Sofitel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
new england
“A new favourite in Sofitel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We had booked via website to stay the night before flying back to US, however, circumstances gave us an extra three days in London so went on lastminute.co.uk and booked two more nights for an insanely low price. I have an AClub gold card and when we checked in we were given an upgrade . I loved this hotel. No outside noise.The check in, easy,the room large and clean and housekeeping left us alone. We went into London everyday, once using heathrow express, twice by tube, easy. Bought food from M&S in terminal. Check out looked not so good with long line but Ana made it easy with express check out. Straight into terminal 5 and off. This is the hotel to stay before and after a flight and don't worry about staying longer, it's a breeze. Staff young but capable. Thankyou, Youseff (sp) and Ana.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Greek first
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We stayed one night between flights. The Hotel's location in Terminal 5 can't be beat. The Hotel has been open only since July /08 and so everything is spanking new and in great shape with all of the amenities you would expect from a Sofitel.

We stayed in the basic room which was reasonably sized and very comfortable with the usual great Sofitel bed. We ate dinner in one of the two restaurant s which was very good. The price of the room and at the restaurant were very reasonable.

The staff was ok, nothing really wrong with them but nothing exceptional either.

Unlike the Sofitel St James they will let you print your boarding pass from Heathrow at one of two computers in the lobby for free but you must buy computer time if you want to check in and print a boarding pass for a connecting flight later that day from another airport.

The only have one elevator which makes for waits for service but it is not a big hotel so you don't wait long.

Overall a great place to overnight at Heathrow.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Very clean hotel but, apart from a few teabags and instant coffee sachets, EVERYTHING else is extra including breakfast and internet. Safe wasn't functional but was fixed within 15 minutes of advisement.

But really the only reason you would want to stay in this location is if you're travelling from T5 the next day and in that respect it is unsurpassable unless they built an hotel on the runway which obviously ain't gonna happen. The sound insulation is quite incredible. You wont hear any external noise and this hotel is close to aircraft landing and taking off.

Booking on the accor direct web site with lowest price guarantee we got a room for £108 including all tax which, for the location and quality was worth every penny, particularly as BA still have long queues for bag drop even after you've checked in online. We didn't try any of the bars/dining facilities so no comment on those. Other hotel staff very helpful and friendly enough.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

If you fly into Terminal 5, this hotel is amazingly convenient. We didn't. But it's still free and easy to get to the Terminals 1,2 & 3 (give yourself about 20 minutes... you take the Heathrow Express for one stop). Saw this hotel profiled in the NY Times earlier this year and decided to book it for the night we arrived in the UK.
Rooms: Small but not too small, elegant, modern decor... very Hyatt-like. GREAT beds. Nice bathroom. Extremely well-soundproofed (occasionally, you could hear a few jets faintly). Go for an outside-facing room if you don't like looking into what are essentially interior lobbies.
Public Areas: Fine. We didn't use the hotel restaurants, which were wildly pricey.
Staff: Very young and friendly and really want to help you. Had to go to the reception desk often as the key cards get demagnetized in your wallet. Everyone had problems with this.
Cons: Looooooooong walk from Terminal 5. It's enclosed, but not climate-controlled (you skirt the edge of a new parking garage). You will gripe about it every time you have to walk to T 5. The hotel looks ugly at night with a huge HOTEL sign propped up on the roof and a hideous green neon light next to it. The architects of this sleek, modern hotel must have died when the owners put this cheesy, highway motel signage/decor up.
Tips: Get a quick and cheap dinner at M & S in T 5... sandwich, chips and drink for 2 pounds. (We had breakfast at Costa's --- which is like Starbucks, also in T 5).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Crete
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

We arrived early feeling grimy and jet-lagged. There was a friendly welcome at the entrance and to our delight, our room was ready. The spa was wonderful and the restaurants excellent. Our prime impression though was of the staff who made the hotel feel, well - not like a hotel! Whenever in future we travel via Heathrow, this hotel will be our stop. And it's only a short ride into London. Don't be put off by where it is - we've stayed in London hotels where it's taken us as long to get anywhere.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I booked this hotel through Accors STAR rate for a 1 night stay to catch an early flight the next day. I arrived at check in time (2pm) and was greeted by the bellhop who took our bags and directed us to reception. Once there I gave over my agent ID and my card details. I had originally booked a superior room and the receptionist stated 'It looks like we have no outside rooms available', I said 'Are you sure?' and she said 'hold on let me check... yes we do have a room for you'. I was really suprised that we had been upgraded without having to ask, to a deluxe room with views of the airside and planes taking off... definately interesting! Im not sure if I got this because I am a travel agent but I reccommend getting there dead on check-in time and ask for an upgrade as that is when they will have the most rooms avaiable,

The lobby area is stunning with a lovely feature on entering from the taxt drop off. It is also very convienient from the terminal and car park only a 2 minute walk! Past reviews have commented about the confusion to which floor to go to and how to work the electronics, let me tell you, the bellhop will show you to your floor and give all instruction. The lighting system is very very simple, and although it was a bit more fiddly than usual to find the bathroom light in the dark, its not something I would downgrade the hotel on. In a couple of years time rooms all over the country will have this technology in place and it wont seem so out of the norm.

I was really looking forward to an upgrade as these included the hermes toiletries and 2 'lazy boy' chairs and a TV in the bathroom. At first it was pretty cool but on having a bath that evening, you couldnt see the screen properly as the plasma is built into the mirror and does not adjust downwards so all you see is a grayish screen. Very disappointing however you can see it from the shower.

All the fixtures were stunning like the round sink, rainhead shower, and large flatscreen TV in the bedroom. And little additions like the bottle of water in fridge, and free use of the teas and coffees including cafetiere!

The restaurants looked really nice with some good food options but as we were budgeting, we just walked to the terminal to get some supplies from marks and spencers (ground floor) and ate back at the room. If you do decide to do that option and need butter, m&s do not have individually wrapped butter and so we had to buy a big tub which went to waste, so bring some with you if you need any.

To summarise, It was nice having the extra space on the deluxe room, but not really worth having the TV in bathroom. If your on a budget just stick to the classic rooms, they have the same furnishings just a little bit smaller.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Just stayed at this hotel following a longish trip abroad (staying in other 5 star accom) but simple as an airport hotel normally is, this one could teach the others from my trip a thing or two. I'll list below the bits most of us care about but I should add that I am a seriously fussy hotel critic and even I was impressed!
Location - absolutely works. Yes, you can actually push your luggage on a free airport trolley right the way from T5 arrivals to the hotel conceirge desk, who will then take it up to your room. No hassles whatsoever. A pleasant, clean, calm, undercover 4 min walk.
Staff - SUPERB. From the lovely efficient and friendly welcome by Veronika at Front Desk to the housekeeping lady who met my fussy requests with efficiency and a smile.
Cleanliness - Perfect throughout. It's a new hotel but it's design should enable it to stay pretty fresh as it's minimalist but built with quality materials.
Bathroom - I had a bath with handheld shower attachment and a seperate shower stall with rain head shower. The pressure could have done with being abit better and I wish hotels would put a handheld shower in when they fit a rain shower (it's a girl thing)! Still with these two moans, the room was a comfortable size with really pleasant beige decor, lovely leather exec reclining chair and super comfy bed and linens. Unlike all the other 5* hotels I'd stayed in on my tour of Egypt, EVERYTHING in the room was spot on. Easy to use a/c and lighting controls, all really modern, nothing broken, seriously good attention to detail.
There is also a SPA on site using and selling ESPA products. Although time didn't allow me to use the spa facilities, I did buy some products and the lady was kind enough to even bring a selction of products for me to peruse before buying to me in my room as I was too tired and lazy to go to the spa! This kind of 'yes, can do' attitude is what makes a five star hotel.
Food - was great but expensive (be warned).
Parking - Right under the hotel. Super easy and covered for your car.
Overall I was just so impressed at the fact that ALL staff I came across were not only friendly but doing a damn good job of their roles too! Whoever is Managing this place needs putting in charge of Sofitel quality worldwide!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!