“Geat stopover.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep & Fly
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Brisbane, Australia
“Geat stopover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have had 2 stopovers here and have another booked. The rooms are spacious,clean and extremely quiet. Being located in terminal 5; it is very convenient to all gates. The restaurants are fabulous with the best breakfast I have had anywhere. Courteous staff add to a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We have always been given a lovely room without any special request.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Greek first
pomfret, vt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I could make a very long list of the stupidities that abound in this pathetic excuse for a hotel:
1) it took 15 minutes for the witless check-in person to find the reservation, even though I had a confirmation sheet
2) the elevators don't work without the room card, although no one tells you this
3) the power went off in the middle of the night, all the lights came on, the airco went off
4) the light switches are incredibly stupid and don't even work- I had to go through a ritual of turning off all the lights in order to get the bathroom lights to work
5) the walls are paper thin
6) roomservice for breakfast costs an absurd 23 pounds for lousy coffee and orange juice
7) wifi works but is very slow unless you pay for it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community.

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on your last visit as I do understand it did not meet your expectations.

As Trip Advisor is totally anonymous, I would be grateful if you could at your convenience contact our Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheahtrow.com so he can get some more details, follow up with the individuals concerned and respond back to you accordingly.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel at some point in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Anna-Marie Dowling – General Manager
Sofitel London Heathrow
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one night before traveling back to Doha and it was lovely. The reception staff were so helpful and friendly - quite different from the hotel I'd stayed in the two night previous. The restaurants were great, buffet breakfast was amazing - I have never seen such a good buffet breakfast at any hotel like this in my life! The rooms were super comfy and peaceful. Good wifi. The next day I had to hang around at the hotel till 5ish and the reception kept giving me WIFI vouchers so I could stay in touch. Oh, loved the friendly doorman too!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff really did look down upon us. I can only presume being country bumpkins with our dodgey Norfolk accents we didn't really fit in with the type of clientele this "establishment" is trying to appeal too. Indeed when we spoke to the staff I sensed that they were trying to get rid of us as quickly as possible. However we straighten up our straw hats, tighten up our dungarees and went up to our room.

The rooms themselves were more that what we expected. Clean and very well maintained with two large queen size beds, situated facing a large flat screen TV; the room was more than adequate for an overnight night stay. Just a side note, none of the windows open in the room as they are all inside. You have air-con but little in the way of ventilation meaning it can get very stuffy in the room. In regards to the bathroom it was clean and had everything you would expect in a bathroom. A bonus was the speaker in the wall so you could still hear the TV in the bathroom which enabled me to still hear countryfile. There was also free Wi-Fi in the hotel with the option of a premium service for those who wanted it.

After we got settled we headed down to the bar. Now I am not stingy with my money and I understand London pricing and all that but when the cost of a pint in a Weatherspoons is £2.15 and in our local £3.40, the cost of a pint here was £5.50 (which is extortionate in itself) and then they had the cheek to put a 12.5% charge on top on that for table service even though we went up to the bar ourselves to get them. An extra 69 pence for the pleasure of someone pulling a pint for me was pretty astonishing. I can only presume this hotel serves a special brew of Magners made up liquified bones of leprechauns which constitutes the extra cost. At least they bought us round a small bowl of "free" nuts which we ate only after checking they were indeed free.

As a smoker at the time, the smoking area was clean and tidy and kept so. There were some strange chairs to sit on out there, which were meant to be some art/sun-lounger/chair installation made out of wood which very uncomfortable to sit on however presumably excellent if you have spine problems! A bench to smoke my corn pipe on would have been sufficient.

Positives:
Free Wi-Fi.
Easy Access to Airport.

Negatives:
Very expensive hotel to stay in.
Staff that looked down upon you.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed in many hotels at airports and this by far is the best I have experienced by a long way....it is without fault!

Staff are well trained, polite and very helpful and the hotel has enough of them unlike many. I do like Sofitel hotels and admit to having a soft spot for them whenever I can use them and this meets the expectations I have come to expect of the brand

I have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to stay if using the airport....or even not as it is so easy to get in and out of.

Parking was a breeze....oh and the BMW parking was a nice touch!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

we have stayed at a number of 'hotel & parking' establishments over the years and the sofitel at heathrow is by far the best we have tried, yes is it was the most expensive of all we have tried (but only by £50!) but worth every penny. check in was quick, valet parking, amazingly quiet room (just in case you are wondering if a hotel on the runway is noisy), we had diner in the restaurant which was excellent and the breakfast was also superb. thanks to Urmila who looked after us, all the staff were amazingly attentive and friendly without being intrusive. then a 3 minute walk in to the terminal!

one tip, we were encouraged to keep the car keys and go straight to the car park on our return, however, having carried out a diligent search of the car park finding our car was like a needle in a haystack so had to return to reception and let them find it! even with this minor delay we would still say 10 out of 10!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!