Arriving via long cold walk way tubes I thought I was boarding another plane!
Managed not owned by Soffitel (Accor Hotels) my Accor club card room rate was a bargain , and I was told I was upgraded.
The four figure room number starts with the wing/building number not the floor , good luck in the lift !
Room extravagant as per others photos (TV at foot of bath but speaker in another corner) , fab recline leather chais x2 with foot stools , the best Hermes toiletries , which I enjoyed for the following few days .
The room is not large , with good bed , but poor towels .
On a Friday night in December only one of the bars and one restaurant were open . Lone bar man poured me a pint not the half pint I ordered and the whisky my friend requested , only when I turned white did he explain the whisky chosen was 18 pounds , total for two basic drinks 23 pounds!!! Bar lacked a sense of comfort being full of marble and stone , or was I in shock ?
Reception cramped and often crowded.
Being in the terminal hotel made no obvious difference to the hell of terminal 5 next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel