We booked this hotel for one night before taking a flight. We chose it specifically because the website offered parking + room deals and because the website advertised secure underground parking on site. When we arrived at the hotel, we parked in the underground car park only to find that we couldn't access the lifts to the hotel. We struggled up 3 flights of stairs with our cases, and arrived in the lobby to be greeted by a member of staff who said "why didn't you use the lift?". When we explained he just shrugged and there was no offer to help with our cases.
Check in was shambolic. They had an address in Bahrain on our account, despite me having booked directly with their website, and when I said I had no connection whatsoever with Bahrain they seemed shocked. I now see another reviewer who experienced the same problem. The clerk's remedy was to manually amend the check in slip (not to use the computer system). No mention was made of the parking when we checked in, but as I'd specifically booked the 4 day park and fly deal I assumed all would be well.
We ate in the Vivre restaurant, which we found rather souless. We waited ages for our bottle of wine, which eventually arrived when we'd had already got our main courses. Quality of food was OK, but 6 chips to accompany a burger seems rather meagre. They were stacked nicely though!
The room was lovely, only gripe being that the window looked out onto an internal atrium, so no natural light. We'd requested a room away from the lifts so we'd get minimum noise disturbance. They gave us a room far away from the guest lifts, but right next to the service lift, which clanked away all night! Nice touch - and not very thoughtful.
In the morning we received not one but three alarm calls, none of them at the right time.
When we went to check out, I asked about getting the car park ticket validated on our return, to be told that I should have notified the check in clerk that we were on a park and fly deal, and should have handed my car keys over. Surely the clerk could see the terms of our booking when she checked us in, and surely the customer is always right? Not at this hotel. I explained that we had not been asked for our keys, and that I had only booked the hotel because of their much heralded secure underground parking. I did not want my car to be moved off site and that was why I had chosen the hotel. I asked to speak to a manager, but no one was available. It's worth saying too that the car park was practically empty and we pointed this out to the clerk, who was unimpressed. So we had no choice but to hand over our keys. I emailed the hotel while we were away and asked for their assurance that our car would be delivered back to the hotel in time for our return. I also raised the points about their web site and the fact that the park and fly deals don't mention that your car will be moved offsite. I am still waiting for a reply to my email.
On our return, the car was at the hotel and a reception manager took our bags out to the car. Still no apology for the confusion though.
I have no intention of staying at this hotel ever again.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Agoda, Amex, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.