I spent a night here on my way back from the UK to Australia.
I chose the Sofitel as it is within the airport and so avoided the need to take shuttles, or worse still to have to wait for the shuttle to get back to the airport.
Having said that, the hotel is a T5, and as my flight was from T3 I needed to use the train to get from one terminal to the other.
The only real niggle I had was how difficult it was to get from the train to the hotel. You are made to use the lift. You have to take one lift up from the train to the terminal. There was then a second lift to take you up a couple of floors in the terminal, and you then had to take a lift down to the hotel. This all seemed like a bit of an obstacle course - but then maybe not that many people travel to the hotel by train????
Checkin was amazingly busy - this was about 4pm. There were literally 3 queues. However, staff were on hand facilitating things and making it all run smoothly.
I had booked a premium suite and what a room it was. It was at the very end of 'wing 6' - the hotel has multple 'wings' each joined by light airy open spaces. The whole place was wonderfully modern, light and airy.
The room was spectacular with two big picture windows looking straight out onto the Northern runway (09L/27R). However, the windows were literally 6ft thick and the room was so soundproofed that even with an A380 taking off literally 50m away you could not hear anything at all. It was like watching a TV show with the sound turned off.
The suite had two rooms, a spacious living room and a sumptuous bedroom. The bathroom had both a bath and shower and lots of luxury ameneties. Just as I was leaving the following morning I discovered a second bathroom - yes the suite was that big that there were rooms that I didn't even notice.
I had a room service dinner of steak and chips - this was a truly magnificent steak - cooked to a medium rare perfection - very hard to do with room service.
There were other nice touches like chocolate dipped strawberries under a spun sugar dome waiting for me. There was also a personalized welcome letter in the room - all very impressive.
The whole experience was worth every $. I had a fabulous night's sleep and strolled refreshed to my flight the next morning (via the express train and the obstacle course lifts!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel