“Total peace and quiet - at the end of the runway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

Save Saved
You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Geelong
“Total peace and quiet - at the end of the runway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I spent a night here on my way back from the UK to Australia.

I chose the Sofitel as it is within the airport and so avoided the need to take shuttles, or worse still to have to wait for the shuttle to get back to the airport.

Having said that, the hotel is a T5, and as my flight was from T3 I needed to use the train to get from one terminal to the other.

The only real niggle I had was how difficult it was to get from the train to the hotel. You are made to use the lift. You have to take one lift up from the train to the terminal. There was then a second lift to take you up a couple of floors in the terminal, and you then had to take a lift down to the hotel. This all seemed like a bit of an obstacle course - but then maybe not that many people travel to the hotel by train????

Checkin was amazingly busy - this was about 4pm. There were literally 3 queues. However, staff were on hand facilitating things and making it all run smoothly.

I had booked a premium suite and what a room it was. It was at the very end of 'wing 6' - the hotel has multple 'wings' each joined by light airy open spaces. The whole place was wonderfully modern, light and airy.

The room was spectacular with two big picture windows looking straight out onto the Northern runway (09L/27R). However, the windows were literally 6ft thick and the room was so soundproofed that even with an A380 taking off literally 50m away you could not hear anything at all. It was like watching a TV show with the sound turned off.

The suite had two rooms, a spacious living room and a sumptuous bedroom. The bathroom had both a bath and shower and lots of luxury ameneties. Just as I was leaving the following morning I discovered a second bathroom - yes the suite was that big that there were rooms that I didn't even notice.

I had a room service dinner of steak and chips - this was a truly magnificent steak - cooked to a medium rare perfection - very hard to do with room service.

There were other nice touches like chocolate dipped strawberries under a spun sugar dome waiting for me. There was also a personalized welcome letter in the room - all very impressive.

The whole experience was worth every $. I had a fabulous night's sleep and strolled refreshed to my flight the next morning (via the express train and the obstacle course lifts!).

Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view. Book a suite.

4,191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were a family of six - 2 adults, 3 kids and 1 grandparent - staying for one night as we had an early flight the next morning. I booked two rooms on Expedia, and chose this hotel because I love the Sofitel brand, plus there was the option to have 3 people per room (2 adults, 1 child). Beware that this is NOT the case - due to fire regulations, there is a maximum of 2 per regular room. However, I had the Expedia printouts with me, and Rebecca at the front desk was AMAZING! She talked to the manager and was able to give us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite that slept 4 (one queen bed and one queen pull-out couch) for granny and the kids, and also made sure that our room was just down the hall. Thank you, Rebecca - you rock! This hotel does not disappoint and delights all senses - you can literally smell it (a lovely fresh fragrance) as you walk over the glass skybridge towards the hotel. Uber convenient - we had dinner in Terminal 5 before a great sleep; fantastic shower the next morning, then walked onto the free Heathrow Express train to our departure terminal. This hotel is free of stress and full of service and luxury!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here as we had a wedding party on the evening.We arrived and checked in and i must say everyone was super polite. The check in was hassle free and easy.

There was 4 of us and we had the King Junior Suite; Which consisted of a King sized bed and a sofa bed. We were on the second floor and the inner zen garden was a sight to see. The hotel is HUGE! So we got into the room and everything was laid out for us and the sofa bed was made.The mini fridge has cans of coke, bottles of water, bottles of orange and apple juice, jelly beans and smoked almonds. These were free which was a nice touch. In the wardrobe was Sofitel Slippers, extra shower supplies, a shoe horn, bath scrubs etc. As well as a bath robe, iron, board and extra pillows. The bathroom was well equipt with a shower and bath tub, The White Company bath supplies, LOADS of towels, a bath robe, nail file, ear cleaners and more.

These complimentary items make this hotel stand out and show that they care for their guests.Tea, Coffee, and a kettle was also in the room. The bed was super comfy and pillows were like clouds. Even the sofa bed was comfy, but the pillows slightly harder.

The WiFi was easy to connect to and was quite quick. We were fortunate to have unlimited internet.

Our room view was also amazing. We looked out where the planes took off, a plane took off every 10 minutes so it was a great sight to see. No noise was heard as there was triple glazing. I hit my head of the window as i thought it was only double glazing!

As part of the King Junior Suite, we were able to get access into Club Millseme, which gave us free drinks and canapés. We popped in for a few minutes and it was quiet and relaxed, but we couldn't spend much time there due to the wedding party.

The next day breakfast was phenomenal. We went in and got a continental and full English.
They had Yoghurt, cereal, fruit, juices, smoothies, teas, coffees, hot chocolates, mini pastries, Belgium waffles, pancakes, toast and the full English. You name it they had it. We ordered 3 teas and when it came it was in a tea pot. 1 per person. Which served 3 cups!! Same with the other hot drinks. Breakfast was, once again, fantastic.

Check out was easy and quick. And car parking was safe and underground. (Prevents the car from becoming boiling hot.)

All in all this was a fantastic stay and we shall be coming again in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for an outside view. Well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is one of the best airport hotels we have ever stayed in. Super convenient for Terminal 5, not so convenient for other terminals. Food and service excellent. Rooms are ultra modern and have every modern convenience, in spades!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Arriving into T5 at night and leaving the next morning meant that the convenience of this hotel was well worth paying a premium for. The staff were all fantastic including at the restaurant, check-in was good, and my Millennium Club Room was fantastic, quiet, spacious, spotlessly clean and came with lounge access and it was a really nice lounge.

I would certainly stay again without hesitation.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

+High Sofitel standards.
+Great rooms, excellent sound proofing given it's right by the airport
+Connected to T5, no need to take a shuttle or a cab, just walk through an enclosed walk way
+Very modern rooms, good toiletries, great beds
+Decent gym for a hotel

-Atrium facing room has a window that's no more than 24 inches tall and has zero sunlight coming through.
-Only two restaurants were operational out of which one was sold out with no tables

Room Tip: Avoid the atrium facing room. Do not pay for upgraded WiFi
Telford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here mainly for convenience as my daughter and I had an 11:20 flight to New York from Terminal 5 the following morning and I thought it would be much more stress free being able to just walk from hotel to terminal. I was right, it was absolutely brilliant! After check-in we actually walked through for a mooch around T5 and to grab osme last minute bits and pieces! Takes about 5 minutes to stroll from hotel reception to baggage drop - perfect.

I had specified a quiet room and they gave us one overlooking the zen garden (most tranquil, do have a wander round - I had an overwhelming urge to do a tai chi set, but my daughter threatened actual bodily harm if I did). The sound proofing was so good that we could have been in the middle of nowhere rather than attached to a busy airport, very impressive. Room was small but very clean, very well equipped and nicely decorated/furnished.

Hotel restaurant was unimpressive. Offered a range of styles and didn't have a particular identity, which is fine, but they messed up our order and kept us waiting for an hour, which isn't. When food arrived it was no better than I would expect from a franchise restaurant, but it had the price tag of an upmarket independant. Bit of a let down, which is a shame as it was the first night of my daughters first trip abroad, I was hoping for something more special.

The hotel shop was a life saver as of course we had forgotten shampoo!! It was open late and had a good selection of all the stuff that idiots like us tend to forget!

I'm afraid you won't have much choice other than to use the restaurant, (unless you head for T5 and grab a burger!!) but the hotel and their charming staff more than makes up for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!