“Best by far at LHR” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Best by far at LHR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A first rate hotel right in Terminal 5, so you don’t have to take the appalling Hotel Hopper bus to your hotel. Efficient and friendly front desk and overall attractive lay-out.
La Belle Époque restaurant is superb – probably the best airport meal I have ever eaten. Expensive, but worth every penny. However, closing at 10:00 is absurd for an airport hotel restaurant, or any up-scale restaurant, for that matter. The buffet breakfast in Vivre was also very good, although overpriced for anywhere except London.
I have stayed at many airport hotels and this is one of the best (others are Fairmont Vancouver Airport and Movenpick, Munich.)

Room Tip: Some rooms are miles from the elevator. Ask if you want one closer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind praise for being the best hotel at London Heathrow,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us, especially your time in La Belle Époque which I am thrilled you enjoyed, I will share your comments during our daily management meeting as the whole team will be proud to know how highly you have praised them. With regards to the closing time, last orders are taken at 10:00pm with the restaurant closing after the last guest leaves. I do hope you had adequate time to enjoy your dinner and apologies if this inconvenienced you.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is the first hotel review I have actually committed to writing, I have never got round to actually putting fingers to key board as I've obviously never been truly inpsired. Well I am tonight!

My wife and I booked a room here prior to an early flight. The room is fine, not a room I would want to stay in for a prolonged period of time but for one night before a nice holiday I can or should be able to stomach it. Quickly on the room; the iron is absolutely pointless, no option for steam so a challenging attempt to iron a pair of trousers to start off with. A variety of tea bags but only one plain tea bag (everyday tea) between the two of us, plenty of coffee so why so tight on the tea? Otherwise the room will do for a place to shower and 6 hours kip. Should I feel like that about a 5 star?

So we went for a quick drink then a bite to eat! A beer, no problem, a vodka and tonic, problem! The barman pored what could only have been a quadruple vodka and topped it with a bottle of tonic, which he was unable to fit in the tall glass due the amount if vodka in it! Now when I was in my twenties I would probably have been chuffed with a load of extra vodka but the drama of getting an extra tonic and an extra glass and then pouring/mixing our own drink was a 10 minute ordinal I didn't anticipate.

So onto the VIVRE - L EXPERIENCE DES SAVEURSThematic cuisine! Perhaps dramatic would be a better word! It took two members of staff to ignore my wife and I at reception before we were seated. It then took 10 minutes before a waiter took our drinks order. By this time we were ready to order so we did! The order had to wait whilst the waiter got a piece of paper and a green felt tip pen (should have known we were in for treat then)' we then ordered two stakes and a side of fries! Easy, it would appear not!

Next was a selection of stail bread, dry and a distinct stale taste, yummy! After a good 15 minutes drinks arrived to wash down the stail bread. The entertainment of a neighbouring table's complaints over soup that was too salty kept us going. After a second attempt the neighbouring customers gave up and sent the salty soup back!

Steaks turned up, the waiter was polite in his service so we politely reminded him of our side order, which he acknowledged. 5 minutes later our original waiter noticed we hadn't started our meal, and asked if we were ok. We asked for our fries which took another 10 minutes! The waiter got the manager as requested, who was very apologetic and offered us desserts or a drink on the house. After seeing the panic on the waiter's face we got on with the stakes that were now just warm.

The stakes were ok and the fries surprisingly needed no extra salt! As we finished and before we had any time to contemplate desert a third waitress issued us the bill without our plates being cleared or any mention of desserts or coffee! Good job we had had enough of this place!

If I'm honest I've had more successful meals in MacDonalds.

To finalise my moan, I just went to get a bottle of water and discovered only one bottle of still and one bottle sparkling! Is 330ml of still water enough to hydrate two adults? Seriously!

All in all it's not anger that has prompted my first hotel review but shire amusement! Never again will I consider Sofitel as brand worth even thinking about staying at! Joke, all be it an expensive one on me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies as I was concerned to read your comments following your stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn of your experience in our Vivre restaurant, Sphere bar and the amenities in your room. Although it is inexcusable we do have a few new team members in our Sphere bar and Vivre restaurant and I shall be escalating your comments to both departmental managers to ensure that these staff members receive full training and supervision at all times.

As you are aware Trip Advisor is completely anonymous and I would like to look into your reservation and stay further, additionally I would like to ensure that on any future visits you have a more positive experience and witness the usual standard that is associated with the Sofitel. I would be very grateful if at your earliest convenience you could contact our Food and Beverage Manager by email on globy.ouseph@sofitelheathrow who is been to investigate this matter further and he will personally follow up with you for any future stays.

I appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention as customer feedback is critical to us, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and our service and to welcome you back for a more positive experience in the near future.

Wellington, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very comfortable room and bathroom. Food was surprisingly good in the restaurant we ate in. Service excellent. A pleasant surprise, as some airport hotels disappoint. It was fairly expensive, but that was expected. The location if you are flying on British Airways is perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your most recent stay with us,

Our location is indeed perfect, being linked to Terminal 5 it is a matter of a few minutes’ walk to the departure halls. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in our restaurant and found the service excellent.

I hope you had a safe and pleasant onwards journey and we look forward in welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have stayed twice at this hotel - once for four nights when we were "stuck" in London during hurricane Sandy in 2012 and for one night in June 2014 on our way to Asia. Both stays were perfect. First of all, the location can't be beat, especially if you are flying British Airways in/out of Terminal 5. The staff at reception is elegant, friendly and helpful. Early late check-in and late check-out were accommodated without problem or charge. The rooms are modern, well appointed, clean and very comfortable. Great beds. The hotel has two restaurants, Vivre and La Belle Epoque. Vivre is the "regular" restaurant where breakfast is served buffet style and where lunch/dinner is good, but nothing special. Service depends on how busy the place is, but they do try to please; a special mention here to Asreena, a very personable and efficient young lady. La Belle Epoque is the "gourmet" restaurant and is very good. They handled a special diet without problem. Checkout was effortless. The hotel is pricey, but, for an airport hotel, this is probably as good as it gets.

Dear Guest,

Such wonderful comments are a pleasure to read, I was delighted to know how highly you have praised our hotel.

I am glad to hear the service you received from our ambassadors, especially from Asreena who will be delighted to know that she made your stay so special.

It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your experience in La Belle Époque and that the team was able to take care of the dietary requirements that were necessary for you.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in the Heathrow area.

Bromley, Kent UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night here before an early morning flight. We parked our car in the underground car park (15 nights) and took the lift to reception. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The standard room was a good size with a nice bathroom - bathtub and shower cubicle. There was tea and coffee available. There was free wifi - it was on the drop down list. It wasn't very fast but suitable for checking emails and web browsing. We had an excellent meal in the restaurant and all in all it was great. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

I am pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and you took advantage of our Park and Stay package.

Thank you for your kind praise for our rooms and amenities which I am glad you enjoyed.

I appreciate your loyalty with the Sofitel and we look forward in welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Mr and I stayed at the Sofitel the last night of our London vacation. You cant beat the convenience of staying at the Sofitel when flying out of T5.

The next morning we had breakfast in Vivre where the service was top notch, the food delicious, and the coffee the best I've ever had!

We enjoyed our stay so much, we are hoping to book the Sofitel when we visit NYC next summer. We were forever spoiled by our fabulous stay!

Room Tip: Book the Jr Suite!
Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Conveniently located for the terminals the hotel was clean, stylish and the staff were courteous, polite and visible. Bar food was excellent. Comfortable bed and most importantly we had a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel following your recent stay with us,

I am delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed our location being conveniently located for Heathrow Terminals.

It is paramount that our guests have a great night’s sleep and I am pleased that you enjoyed our very own Sofitel My Beds.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for you kind praise for our location and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!