“Dreadful service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best deal of the day
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Isleworth, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I thought the hotel was not as well signposted as it should be-you go down a long corridor with your luggage hoping it is the right way.
The girl on reception was dreadful - she could hardly be bothered to break off from giggling with her male colleague to check me in and gave me such terrible directions to my room that I had to come all the way down again to reception and ask a porter the way - he was very helpful and saw me to my room personally. When I said I would like an express checkout due to an early start (I had already paid for my room in advance so this was just for extras) she asked me to complete a form giving my credit card detials including my security code!!! I declined to do this and didn't see why I needed to as they had already swiped my card. Most hotels have an express checkout procedure. However this girls was so useless she probably wouldn't have known if they did have one.
I got to my room and found the air con on full blast with the room at a temp of 17C ( this was 10pm). Apart from wanting a warmer room, I don't like sleeping with air con on so I called down to reception to ask how to switch it off as ths was not obvious ( I am an engineer). Again the girl was no help whatsoever but I managed to work out a halfway solution myself.
The bar area was cold and soulless and noisy (TV blaring in one area and loud piped music in another). The rooms were pleasant and clean but no better than I would expect for a modern hotel these days.
My husband and I had booked into the hotel the following week after a return flight but we cancelled this as a result of my stay. We may use this if we have very early flights in future but not otherwise.
Management please train your hotel reception people better! Show them how it is done at the Sofitel St James's which is excellent.

• Liked — Nice bathroom and toiletries. Helpful porter.
  • Disliked — The reception staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

Stayed here two nights for work, 5 minutes walk from International Arrivals at T5. T5 itself is a good 25 minutes walk from the other terminals.
The place is brand new and it shows. Both good and bad.

Good:
High tech rooms with good connections for AV equipment. Nice furnishings and lighting.

Bad:
Most of the staff really did not know what to do. Examples include not knowing how to react when a customer asks for something like a power outlet adapter. Waiters in restaurants kept forgetting what we ordered. Restaurants were out of all kinds of food. Even asking for a wakeup call seemed to cause confusion.

• Liked — 5 minutes walk from T5
  • Disliked — Birth pangs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road
#2 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 stars 1,751 reviews
Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!