I thought the hotel was not as well signposted as it should be-you go down a long corridor with your luggage hoping it is the right way.
The girl on reception was dreadful - she could hardly be bothered to break off from giggling with her male colleague to check me in and gave me such terrible directions to my room that I had to come all the way down again to reception and ask a porter the way - he was very helpful and saw me to my room personally. When I said I would like an express checkout due to an early start (I had already paid for my room in advance so this was just for extras) she asked me to complete a form giving my credit card detials including my security code!!! I declined to do this and didn't see why I needed to as they had already swiped my card. Most hotels have an express checkout procedure. However this girls was so useless she probably wouldn't have known if they did have one.
I got to my room and found the air con on full blast with the room at a temp of 17C ( this was 10pm). Apart from wanting a warmer room, I don't like sleeping with air con on so I called down to reception to ask how to switch it off as ths was not obvious ( I am an engineer). Again the girl was no help whatsoever but I managed to work out a halfway solution myself.
The bar area was cold and soulless and noisy (TV blaring in one area and loud piped music in another). The rooms were pleasant and clean but no better than I would expect for a modern hotel these days.
My husband and I had booked into the hotel the following week after a return flight but we cancelled this as a result of my stay. We may use this if we have very early flights in future but not otherwise.
Management please train your hotel reception people better! Show them how it is done at the Sofitel St James's which is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel