My Sofitel experience began by getting off a plane at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 and what a pleasure Terminal 5 is. Spacious and stunning modern architecture, gets you in a great mood right from the beginning. The hotel is conveniently attached directly to the terminal, so a couple lift rides and then a bit of a hike down a long but sleek and inviting corridor and you're there.
Similarly to the terminal it's very open, and modern, think glass, open elevators, exposed beams muted tones. It has a bit of a pod feeling with wings, enclosed courtyards etc. I assume the view around the airport isn't great so there was a focus on courtyards with rooms looking into them. This definitely helped to give it a calming, relaxed feel with ample light despite being so close to such a busy airport.
The room was spacious, particularly by UK standards. Despite just being there for a day between flights I did make the trek in by tube to London. Having stations at the terminal made this very easy, it took around 45 mins or so to get in - which wasn't bad and seriously makes me consider staying here just for a regular visit to London, it felt like so much better value, and much more relaxing.
On a final note, one of the great things about terminal 5 is it's shopping. Very close to the hotel are several well stocked cafés/mini grocery stores packed with fresh, delicious ready to eat foods. So if you just need a quick bite or snack this was easily accomplished. Breakfast at the hotel was a delicious full buffet with many options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel