“An Incredible Airport Hotel Find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

Save Saved
You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
San Francisco, California
“An Incredible Airport Hotel Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed in the two bedroom Opera Suite at the Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel in November 2013. It's an amazing hotel, with excellent food and extremely modern and comfortable rooms. And I didn't even know one could get a hotel so clean, as I didn't see one speck of dust in the entire place!

The proximity to Terminal 5 at Heathrow via sky bridge (i.e., walking) was very important to me and my guest, and overall, we were thrilled with the hotel choice. The service is excellent, and you will not be disappointed at the numerous high-end amenities (spa, salon, restaurants, etc.).

A caution to budget travelers: overnight at this Heathrow hotel is extremely expensive (but on par with London standards). Access to Terminal 5 via walking doesn't come cheap, but for me, it was the absolute perfect end to a luxurious trip. FYI, they also have day room rates if you only need a brief rest and shower.

Room Tip: Spring for a suite or luxury room/junior suite. The other rooms are somewhat small if you have one t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am delighted your recent stay with us was excellent and you found the hotel a comfortable and convenient choice when travelling through Heathrow. I am pleased you found our team welcoming and that they provided you with excellent service and it was a perfect way to end your trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the not too distant future.

4,291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel this year. I was also by myself this time.

I was dropped off at the hotel and my mountain of luggage was immediatley taken care of.
Check in was much smoother this time around and I was upgraded to a king room.
My luggage came to my room very promptly.
The room was very clean and very quiet. My flight which was early the next morning was cancelled and I was rescheduled on a later one so I got to sleep in and knowing you are a short walk from the airport terminal really helps out with the stress of a change in plans - one less thing to worry about!
Check out was quick although it did take 10 minutes or so to have my bags picked up from the room. But they were all waiting for me on an airport trolley/cart as soon as I was ready to go.

This is definitely our hotel of choice when using Terminal 5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and for making us your hotel of choice when travelling through Heathrow.

I am so pleased to read that your recent stay with us was comfortable and pleasant and our team were able to assist you with your luggage.
I was sorry to read that your flight had to be re-scheduled however
I am glad the convenience of being so close to the terminal reduced the amount of stress for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have been staying at the Sofitel Heathrow for years now. It has become an extension of home. So much so that when Elizabeth asked me to write a review, I could not but oblige. So what is my advice: stopover for a night whenever you land or take off from London Heathrow. Life is short. Make a habit of pausing to breathe. Have a great breakfast at the Vivre, a distinguished Gourmet dinner (try the seven course meal, optionally available with wine pairing, for two) at La Belle Époque or enjoy High Tea in the Lounge or a drink at the Champagne Bar. Upgrade to use the Executive Lounge and relax in the ESPA Spa (highly recommended product range). Entrust yourselves to the caring, professionalism of the Sofitel team who will spoil you from the minute you walk in through the door. I really shouldn't be writing this review as I am giving away London's best kept secret but as I said, the least I can offer Elizabeth is my candid opinion as stated here where she has asked me to place it....

Room Tip: Rooms in wings 5 and 6 are closer to the spa lift :-)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind recommendation of the hotel, its restaurants and its Spa to other Trip Advisor users.

It gave me great pride to read all your wonderful comments about the hotel and our team, I am so pleased that you feel so comfortable with us that it is an extension of home!

Warm Regards

Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Sofitel was a great hotel for our one night stay at the airport as we passed through London on our way home. We were tired from doing an event so it was nice just relaxing at the hotel. It was nice just to walk out the terminal and not have to get on the Heathrow Express into town. Our room was comfortable and the restaurants were great. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay there again on another visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased your stay with us was relaxing and comfortable and you found our team friendly and able to assist you.

Warm Regards

oak bluffs, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Sofitel London Heathrow while returning to the states after a month in India and I am glad I did. The room was great and the staff was outstanding. From the solicitous woman at check in, to the young man who aided me in overcoming some tech issues while I was trying to print my boarding pass on BA, to the personable sales clerk in the gift shop, every one of the staff was helpful. Most especially, I must thank Asreena, my server in Vivre London, who made my dinner a delight. Plus the filet was tender and perfectly cooked (after a month with no red meat, I was looking forward to a steak and it didn't disappoint).

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased to read that your stay with us was great from check in through to the restaurant and all the team were solicitous and helpful. I am also glad you thoroughly enjoyed your steak and I will pass on your wonderful comments to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow
again soon.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We had less than 24 hours stop over and thought about spending a night in the centre. The Sofitel worked out better. Our flight was 2 hours late. We checked the bags through and just had carry ons. The room was very good and the Vivre restaurant, although a little canteenish was nice. The atmosphere in the bar pre-dinner was pleasant, with good service in both places. The very early check out was smooth, although it was puzzling that they had complimentary tee but no coffee. A bit of a hike to and from the transit and very poor signage in Terminal 5 about which train to take to Term 3, but that is not the hotel's fault.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

I am pleased your stay with us was comfortable and a convenient stop over for your onward very early flight the following morning. I am glad your pre dinner drinks in the bar and your meal in Vivre were both pleasant and enjoyable. Please accept my apologies for there not being any complimentary coffee available and only tea.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow
again soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!