My wife and I have stayed in this hotel several times when we have early morning flights to catch. The hotel is modern, very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff are uniformly excellent. Like all 5 star hotels in and around London the rooms are eye-wateringly expensive, but the benefit for us, of being able to walk from the hotel straight into Heathrow, makes the price worthwhile.
This year we booked in on Tuesday 30th April when we were flying out early the next morning to Boston for a short break. We chose the hotel’s “Park, stay and fly “package (8 days parking) staying in a Classic room (no breakfast) at a rate of £309. The underground parking beneath the hotel feels very secure and the entrance and exit arrangements are very straightforward.
Minor quibbles: - there were no “bathroom amenities” – cotton wool and the like in our room and more importantly no bathrobes. When we mentioned this whilst checking out, the response was “But you were only staying in a Classic Room and bathrobes aren’t included in that package”. To which my response was – “But this is a 5 star hotel and I would have expected bathrobes to be provided as a matter of course”. The lady on the checkout desk undertook to add that request to our profile for future visits, but I thought this to be a rather strange omission – saving on costs perhaps but hardly 5 star.
But these are minor omissions – we will continue using the Heathrow Sofitel in future as it offers a civilised – albeit expensive – way to start a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel