“Perfect if travelling from T5 at 6am” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect if travelling from T5 at 6am”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This has to be one of the nicest beds I have EVER slept in! I spent several hours wondering if I could sneak it out of the hotel. Quiet rooms with great blackout curtains. Absolutely loved staying so close to the terminal, didn't have to go outside due to the walkway. Didn't eat any of the restaurants but had a cocktail in the bar. Was served by a lovely gentleman (can't remember his name) who gave us strawberries to go with our drinks. The only issue, called for a bell person to take my bags down in the morning (a bit of a trek and it was 5am) but they never arrived. Oh well. Just shy of 5 stars for me.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following a stay with us.

I am pleased that if you found the hotel was comfortable and convenient for the airport. The bed you described in your review is called “MyBed” and has been implemented in all Sofitel hotels worldwide, there is more information available on our website as you can buy one online and then you can enjoy that wonderful sleep every night!

I am glad you enjoyed your cocktail and I do hope that you will return to try one of restaurants.
I was disappointed to read that you did not receive the requested help with your bags on the morning of your flight and I apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this might have caused. I am keen to investigate this further and find the break in the communication that caused this to happen to that end could I ask you to please contact our Front of Office Manager, Mark Van Schalkwijk on H6214-FO@sofitel.com with more information.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Greek first
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here before an early fight to Paris and were very impressed. We were upgraded because we were taking our bikes to Le Tour de France and needed more room. We were upgraded for free ... very nice too. We had a large room, it was modern, clean and the bed was very comfortable. In the morning it was a simple walk through to Terminal 5 with our bikes and bags.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that our reception team were able to help you with an upgrade to a bigger room to accommodate your bikes.

The comfortable bed you describe in your review is called “MyBed” and has been implemented in all Sofitel hotels worldwide. You can find more information on our website as you are able to now buy the same bed online for your own home!

I hope the Le Tour de France went well and that we will be able to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after a 10 hour flight, but before our early flight the next morning. We were looking for something easy and convenient.

The hotel itself is quite a distance from the terminal. Even once you arrive at terminal 5, it is a good 10 minute walk from the terminal including several elevator rides.

It was quick and easy to check into the hotel. The rooms were modern and well kept. There was a window in the room which looked across towards other hotel room windows. The light outside the window was on at all times and made it a little confusing for my body trying to adjust to the time change. Rooms were very quiet and you could not hear airplanes at all. Inside the hotel, did not feel as if you were in a hotel. It was a very weird feeling... almost industrial like?

We did go looking for dinner in the terminal and found a few restaurants. There only seemed to be about two real restaurants. There was a place that looked like a bakery/wine bar type place that was quite crowded. We opted for a pub style place with fish n chips and beers. There is also a little coffee shop, a convenience store/book store, Boots (for shampoo, toothbrush, vitamins, etc.) among other little shops found in the terminal.

I would stay here again for a quick overnight stay, but nothing more than that. The hotel was a little expensive for the product produced and did not feel like an average hotel. This hotel is more for those that are looking for a comfortable place to lay your head down and get a good night sleep!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and it provided you with a good night’s sleep.
We are very proud to be able to offer a direct access via our covered walkway from Terminal 5 into our hotel, the walk in total should take a maximum of 7 minutes from the arrivals level with trolleys available to ease the journey. I am sorry to hear that you assumed it would be a shorter walk but I am happy that once you got to reception our service overshadowed the longer than expected walk.

I would like to take this opportunity to point you in the direction of our website where you will find many special offers especially if booked in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The first time I stayed here was (logically enough) when I had an early flight out of T5 the next morning. But I liked it so much I always stay there when I'm doing anything in or around West London, as the Piccadilly Line and Heathrow Express are as convenient as the airside departures.

It is, frankly, an example to all other hotels of how to do hotelling right. From the reception staff who see that you've stayed there before and welcome you back, to the complementary chocolates and other gifts, to the beautifully appointed (and blissfully quiet) rooms, to the excellent and always up-to-date movie selection, everything is done to make your stay as relaxing and pleasant as possible.

They have a good selection of bars and restaurants, but the rooms are so nice, the tempation is just to veg out, watch movies and order up room service. Or go to the M&S Food place in the terminal, and stock up the large fridge.

I cannot praise this hotel too highly - I know this review will sound as though it came from one of their brochures, but it really is that good. I've stayed here half a dozen times now, and every visit has lived up to expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review.

We always want to offer all our guests a warm, personalised and informative service from our reception staff and indeed throughout the hotel. I was so pleased to read that we have succeeded in living up to all your expectations and that you have returned to stay with us several times. We work very hard to maintain the luxury Sofitel standards and it is extremely encouraging to hear that guests enjoy their experience with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Newbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you're flying from terminal 5 on an early flight then this is the hotel to stay. My fiancé and I had a 6:50 am to Paris to catch; options leave very early or stay the night before. No brainier really the Sofitel is adjacent to terminal 5, even has its own walkway into the terminal building. Also has a room rate that incorporates parking too. So, easy access to the terminal, car's parked underground what's not to like? It's a bit pricey but for the convenience factor worth every penny.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They are all good...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation to other Trip Advisor users.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our park and stay rate worked well for you.

We hope to welcome you back again to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

Larbert, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I used points to pay for about 70% of the cost of a room that had club lounge access and used the tripadvisor voucher on this website for an upgrade.

Check in went smoothly and I was given an upgrade to a junior suite. The room was comfortable, especially the bed. There was even a TV in the bathroom.

We had room service and used the club lounge. Alcohol and food are served only at limited times though (in the lounge).

We managed a trip to Windsor via the Terminal 5 bus station before we flew the next day. The location is the best for terminal 5. Although other hotels have terminal 5 in their name they are not at the terminal. the Sofitel is.

Room Tip: 608 is excellent, there's a TV in the bath and a sitting area (sofa and armchair).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you found our room comfortable and enjoyed room service.

We are very proud to be able to offer a direct access via our covered walkway from Terminal 5 into our hotel, the walk in total should take a maximum of 7 minutes from the arrivals level with trolleys available to ease the journey. I am glad that you enjoyed the convenience.

Anna Marie Dowling
Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!