“Perfect airport business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep & Fly
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
“Perfect airport business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Connected by a five minute internal walkway this is a haven of peace in a busy airport. Beautifully designed to be both functional and relaxing. The room are well appointed with good lighting and a good number of easily accessible power points and a good sized desk to work from. The beds are extremely comfortable and I can genuinely say this is one of the best places I have ever stayed whilst on a hectic travel schedule. Short walk from Underground and Heathrow Express.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 20, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you have had another great stay at Sofitel London Heathrow and that we provided you with everything that you needed.

Please come and stay with us again very soon.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Greek first
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I made a reservation at the Sofitel London Heathrow airport because my family was traveling a long distance from the States to Africa, and with 2 small children I wanted to be sure we were comfortable. Unfortunately the Sofitel was the only convenient option to stay overnight. We booked the hotel and on a subsequent day I called to see if we could get an early check-in but the hotel had lost our booking and quoted us a significantly higher rate. They refused to accommodate us and honestly for a more than $400/night I was outraged at their customer service. Please do not book here if you can help it!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read your review - first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you encountered and I am very keen on getting more information from you so that we can fully investigate what went wrong and why you were not looked after and follow up with the individuals concerned who did not ensure you were assisted in the correct manner. To that end please could I ask that you contact our Front Office Manager - Mark Van Schalwijk on H6214-FO@sofitel.com at your convenience to enable us to investigate this matter more fully.

We do hope that we can have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a 7am flight out of Heathrow so we chose to stay here for 3 nights. The property is what you expect at the price. Rooms were very nice. Would highly recommend staying the 1 night only due to hour long Tube ride to get to the main sights! The ride there and back gets old. The problem I have is you would think for $300 bucks a night, they would not try and get more from you. Their Free WiFi is a joke at 128k only. You got to be kidding me. They want you to upgrade to Fast Internet for 15 pounds which is 21 or so US dollars a night! They also don't include breakfast but want 21 pounds or $33 US dollars each. I guess if you want Luxury and don't mind paying crazy prices, this would be great if you are traveling on a budget, wouldn't recommend staying here. There is an easy Shuttle below Terminal 5 to get to the other terminals. It's a 5 minute walk from Terminal 5 to Express train shuttle and another 10 minutes to terminal 1 after the train drops you off. Front desk and reception staff not too helpful. Probably deal with a lot of high rollers but being an average American family, we were not impressed. We get better service and little things are included at any Holiday Inn in USA,

Room Tip: Would not see why you Would want to upgrade anything.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms and convenient location.

We always want to offer all our guests a warm, personalised and informative service from our reception staff and indeed throughout the hotel. So I was disappointed to hear that you did not experience this during your stay with us. We are always updating through new programmes of proactive hospitality training throughout the whole hotel to ensure we are consistent with Sofitel brand standards with particular focus on first impressions of the hotel and I will ensure front desk receive some extra training in this area.

I am sorry you found our internet connection slow. Our complimentary internet is designed for emails and light browsing, if you require to download a large file or document we do recommend purchasing the High-Speed option. This option as you mentioned costs £15 unless it is included in your room (Superior and Luxury rooms include the High-Speed internet) or you are enjoying the executive lounge. However we are in the process of undertaking a review of all our internet services to improve the connectivity and speed in the future.

I wanted to draw your attention to the many offers on our website that prove very popular, especially when reserved in advance and can provide great value. There are package prices that also include breakfast into your room package. Should you find something to suit you we would love the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the best airport hotel I have ever stayed I have never come across such pleasant and helpful staff the breakfast buffet was amazing and the cheerful chef an added bonus it is easily reached from terminal 5 and was the perfect start t our holiday many thanks to all.

Room Tip: Decor is delightful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your really positive review.

I was so pleased to read that you have voted us “the best airport hotel” and that you found our staff helpful and breakfast buffet amazing! I will ensure that I pass your feedback on to all the relevant departments.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow very soon.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel simply because of the comments of Tripadvisor and the proximity of the hotel to the airport as I rightly anticpated that it would pass 10 pm at night. However, I never expected proximity meant far. We had to walk a long distance to get to the platform to terminal 5 with luggages on without trolley. Then another 15 minutes walk to the hotel. According to the hotel staff, for security reason, the room number was irregularly arranged. That means on the same floor,we found something like 4601,2301,3201 and etc. Consequently we travelled between 2nd floor and 3th floor for a long while but in vain. I asked the lady at concerige to show us where our room was. A man was assigned and he led us to the lift pressed 3 and then left. I reminded him that he was asked to show us the room. H e rudely retorted that he was not asked and he was the manager. He impolitely asked me to be impolite to him He grumbled and stopped till I told him that we were trapped among the irregular number. However, how could I not labell this hotel good.

No safety mat inside the bath tub nearly caused a slip and fell accident. No curtain for the bath tub and the quality of the bed is not comparable to that of intercontinental. The quality of buffet breakfast is not good except omettle. I will never consider this hotel whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2013
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read your review - first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you encountered and I am very keen on getting more information from you so that we can fully investigate what went wrong and why you were not looked after and follow up with the individuals concerned who did not ensure you were escorted properly to your room. To that end please could I ask that you contact our Front Office Manager - Mark Van Schalwijk on H6214-FO@sofitel.com at your convenience to enable us to investigate this matter more fully.

Our room numbers and floor numbers can be confusing but this should be fully explained to you on check in and as you asked for assistance in directing you to your room you should have been showed to your room and explained the numbering again and I apologise that this did not happen.

I am sorry that you found the walk from Terminal 5 long. As you know we are connected to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and the walk should take no longer the 7 minutes.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This must be one of the best airport hotels in Europe or probably anywhere. Efficient and perfectly located to terminal 5. I left some clothing behind accidentally and the hotel forwarded it on to a local address when I called them. Very modern decor and well designed. Doesnt feel like an airport hotel - almost resort like. As usual Sofitel beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

I was so pleased to read that you felt our hotel was one of the best in Europe and that our staff ensured you received your forgotten items of clothing.

Our beds are called “MyBed” and that have been implemented in all Softel Hotels worldwide, you will find more information on the Sofitel website.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I always use the Sofitel Terminal 5 when connecting through London Heathrow. Cheerful, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent! I personally believe that consistency is the most valuable asset of any hotel or restaurant and the Sifitel Terminal 5, LHR demonstrates this quality without fail

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for always staying with us when flying from Heathrow.

I was pleased to read that you felt our staff were friendly and helpful and that as a hotel we stay consistent in the service we offer.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon and that next time our goal will be to exceed your expectations of us!

Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!