“Very Nice But.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep & Fly
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very Nice But.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a 7am flight out of Heathrow so we chose to stay here for 3 nights. The property is what you expect at the price. Rooms were very nice. Would highly recommend staying the 1 night only due to hour long Tube ride to get to the main sights! The ride there and back gets old. The problem I have is you would think for $300 bucks a night, they would not try and get more from you. Their Free WiFi is a joke at 128k only. You got to be kidding me. They want you to upgrade to Fast Internet for 15 pounds which is 21 or so US dollars a night! They also don't include breakfast but want 21 pounds or $33 US dollars each. I guess if you want Luxury and don't mind paying crazy prices, this would be great if you are traveling on a budget, wouldn't recommend staying here. There is an easy Shuttle below Terminal 5 to get to the other terminals. It's a 5 minute walk from Terminal 5 to Express train shuttle and another 10 minutes to terminal 1 after the train drops you off. Front desk and reception staff not too helpful. Probably deal with a lot of high rollers but being an average American family, we were not impressed. We get better service and little things are included at any Holiday Inn in USA,

Room Tip: Would not see why you Would want to upgrade anything.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 20, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms and convenient location.

We always want to offer all our guests a warm, personalised and informative service from our reception staff and indeed throughout the hotel. So I was disappointed to hear that you did not experience this during your stay with us. We are always updating through new programmes of proactive hospitality training throughout the whole hotel to ensure we are consistent with Sofitel brand standards with particular focus on first impressions of the hotel and I will ensure front desk receive some extra training in this area.

I am sorry you found our internet connection slow. Our complimentary internet is designed for emails and light browsing, if you require to download a large file or document we do recommend purchasing the High-Speed option. This option as you mentioned costs £15 unless it is included in your room (Superior and Luxury rooms include the High-Speed internet) or you are enjoying the executive lounge. However we are in the process of undertaking a review of all our internet services to improve the connectivity and speed in the future.

I wanted to draw your attention to the many offers on our website that prove very popular, especially when reserved in advance and can provide great value. There are package prices that also include breakfast into your room package. Should you find something to suit you we would love the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow in the future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the best airport hotel I have ever stayed I have never come across such pleasant and helpful staff the breakfast buffet was amazing and the cheerful chef an added bonus it is easily reached from terminal 5 and was the perfect start t our holiday many thanks to all.

Room Tip: Decor is delightful
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your really positive review.

I was so pleased to read that you have voted us “the best airport hotel” and that you found our staff helpful and breakfast buffet amazing! I will ensure that I pass your feedback on to all the relevant departments.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow very soon.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel simply because of the comments of Tripadvisor and the proximity of the hotel to the airport as I rightly anticpated that it would pass 10 pm at night. However, I never expected proximity meant far. We had to walk a long distance to get to the platform to terminal 5 with luggages on without trolley. Then another 15 minutes walk to the hotel. According to the hotel staff, for security reason, the room number was irregularly arranged. That means on the same floor,we found something like 4601,2301,3201 and etc. Consequently we travelled between 2nd floor and 3th floor for a long while but in vain. I asked the lady at concerige to show us where our room was. A man was assigned and he led us to the lift pressed 3 and then left. I reminded him that he was asked to show us the room. H e rudely retorted that he was not asked and he was the manager. He impolitely asked me to be impolite to him He grumbled and stopped till I told him that we were trapped among the irregular number. However, how could I not labell this hotel good.

No safety mat inside the bath tub nearly caused a slip and fell accident. No curtain for the bath tub and the quality of the bed is not comparable to that of intercontinental. The quality of buffet breakfast is not good except omettle. I will never consider this hotel whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2013
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read your review - first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service you encountered and I am very keen on getting more information from you so that we can fully investigate what went wrong and why you were not looked after and follow up with the individuals concerned who did not ensure you were escorted properly to your room. To that end please could I ask that you contact our Front Office Manager - Mark Van Schalwijk on H6214-FO@sofitel.com at your convenience to enable us to investigate this matter more fully.

Our room numbers and floor numbers can be confusing but this should be fully explained to you on check in and as you asked for assistance in directing you to your room you should have been showed to your room and explained the numbering again and I apologise that this did not happen.

I am sorry that you found the walk from Terminal 5 long. As you know we are connected to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and the walk should take no longer the 7 minutes.

We do hope that we can have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This must be one of the best airport hotels in Europe or probably anywhere. Efficient and perfectly located to terminal 5. I left some clothing behind accidentally and the hotel forwarded it on to a local address when I called them. Very modern decor and well designed. Doesnt feel like an airport hotel - almost resort like. As usual Sofitel beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

I was so pleased to read that you felt our hotel was one of the best in Europe and that our staff ensured you received your forgotten items of clothing.

Our beds are called “MyBed” and that have been implemented in all Softel Hotels worldwide, you will find more information on the Sofitel website.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel London Heathrow again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I always use the Sofitel Terminal 5 when connecting through London Heathrow. Cheerful, friendly and helpful staff. Excellent! I personally believe that consistency is the most valuable asset of any hotel or restaurant and the Sifitel Terminal 5, LHR demonstrates this quality without fail

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for always staying with us when flying from Heathrow.

I was pleased to read that you felt our staff were friendly and helpful and that as a hotel we stay consistent in the service we offer.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon and that next time our goal will be to exceed your expectations of us!

Novato, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This super modern hotel has the potential of being a great establishment. The proximity to Heathrow is wonderful. There were just two areas that have fallen through the cracks. 1) The beautiful open kitchen dining room serves very good food, however our waiter had a cold and kept wiping his nose on the palms of his hands and then handling our utensils, plated food, etc. We had to ask to have a different server. It was extremely sickening. 2) Although the hotel rooms are small, they are very comfortable with the exception of the pillows. Both of the pillows on our bed had a bad odor of vomit. It was impossible to sleep on them. We will return to this hotel in the future, but only for the proximity to the British Airways terminal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 21, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the convenience of being so close to Terminal 5.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience in the restaurant and I have spoken with the Restaurant Manager so that something like this cannot be allowed to occur again as I realise this is totally unacceptable and the individual concerned has been identified and actions have been taken to ensure he is aware of his shortcomings, once again please accept my profound apologies

I am disappointed to read that you had an odour coming from your pillows in your room again I apologise for this, please could I ask you to contact our Guest Relations manager (Dallas) on H6214-AM@sofitel.com. I would like to obtain more information from you so that I can ensure we fix the problem with the pillows as soon as possible. If you should ever experience any problems in the future please always feel free to call our reception so that the Manager on duty can ensure that such problems are fixed straight away.

We do hope you will return and stay with us at Sofitel London Heathrow so that we could restore your faith in our hotel.

Anna Marie Dowling – General Manger
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

2nd stay our last stay was in October 2012. Just as good as our last stay. Great airport hotel. We stayed in a king room which was slightly smaller than the suite we stayed in last time but more than adequate. We had access to the club lounge; nice spot to have a drink after a long flight. We did not get the chance to use the spa again but based on our last experience would not hesitate.

Room Tip: king rooms are nice as about club lounge access
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and especially for returning to stay with us at Sofitel London Heathrow again.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us our rooms and club lounge.
I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon and that the next time you have some extra time to experience our spa again.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!