If for any reason you must arrive or depart with Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport, one must strongly consider checking in at the Sofitel. A quick convenient walk from Terminal 5 makes location a key but more than that, the hotel itself delivers a great all-around tranquil experience. The hotel is definitely modern in decor but most importantly, the bed was exquisite - we stayed there after nearly 24 hours journey from South America and it was a truly relaxing experience.
The breakfast buffet was extensive and excellent. The fruit was fresh, the bread baked in the morning and the juices squeezed recently. The service perhaps could have been slightly more attentive but that is simply compared to other British hotels, where service has really been amazing.
One disappointment was that we were offered an upgrade to a suite from the regular room for £100 and we accepted the upgrade. But upon entering the room, it was not a suite - it was simply a larger standard room. I would not recommend upgrading to the suite, especially for the price. Also, if you are going to rent a car and park at the hotel, please ensure that you receive the hotel guest price, otherwise you will pay more than 3 times the price for parking.
If you are using Terminal 5, staying here is definitely recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.