Great location and brilliant parking when flying British Airways, and it has its own walkway straight into Terminal 5, when you can get to it. When leaving the M25 you can see the hotel, but the signs are no small you have gone the wrong way and have to go round once again.
Once outside the front door, the porter service is brilliant, the reception staff are very pleasant and helpful (this was our 2nd visit here) and the luggage came within minutes.
The rooms are pleasant enough, the bathroom was one of the best at heathrow and had great toiletries, beats the Hilton at Terminal 4 bathroom by miles.
We headed down to the bar for a well deserved glass or two of Australian Chardonnay after a 2 hour drive down the motorway. The service at the bar is extremely slow, and no Australian Chardonnay, i think we had in desparation Charndonnay from Chile - not quite the same.
We have changed we headed for dinner anticipating an upmarket french restaurant - oh we were wrong. On our last visit in 2009 we had a great dinner in a very french intimate dining room with great service and the food was amazing. This time all had changed not for the better, the restaurant was twice the size, totally impersonal. There were some large tables in the restaurant , there was a conference at the hotel, which later filled up with delegates.
The meal which we were so looking forward to at the start of our 5 day break was very ordinary, i had to send my main course which was fish back, not a great impression of french cooking.
The overnight stay did not get any better, the bed was as hard as rock, so were the pillows and the room was far too hot. Unfortunately you then wake totally exhausted, not a brilliant start to your holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel