“Obviously a luxury hotel, food reminded my of school” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

Save Saved
You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3 nights, pay for 2
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Vienna
“Obviously a luxury hotel, food reminded my of school”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Huge rooms with every convenience possible (apart from a mini bar), bathroom has separate shower and bath and is equipped for some reason with a tv! If you are a guest here you are probably going to have to eat in the restaurants - I have to say that whilst waiters were everywhere the food was a disappointment - the buffet evening offering was expensive ( a common theme) and reminded me of school dinners. Be prepared, the staff are currently greeting everyone with Bon Jour then Good Morning and that several times a day!.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear MFiVienna,

Thank you for you kind words of feedback regarding your stay here at Sofitel London Heathrow. I am sorry the food was a disappointment to you on the evening you chose to dine with us. I have given this feedback to our Executive Head Chef and he is going to personally review the contents and quality of our future buffet menus.
I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to SLH again at some point in the not too distant future.

Anna Dowling – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Sofitel to break up a long trip and I must say I was delighted with everything about this hotel. From a warm welcome at reception, prompt check-in and a comfortable room with everything I need, including wifi, this hotel delivered a perfect in-transit experience for me. My room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and all the lamps, including the desk lamp, were in working order (nothing more frustrating than blown bulbs at work time!) Breakfast was a wonderful buffet that had dishes suitable for multi-national preferences and the restaurant staff was welcoming, efficient and warm. This hotel understands the needs of the traveller and really made me feel welcome, albeit for a short stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear onthemood,

It was a pleasure to read your positive feed back about your stay here at Sofitel London Heathrow. We take great pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations as we strive to deliver the best service. We are pleased that you enjoyed breakfast as well as the service; these are both experiences we endeavour to continuously improve for our guests. We will share your positive and kind feedback with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to our hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

great location with great service and amenities. usually it is hard to find decent hotels close to the airport - this hotel has the location (in Terminal 5) and the amenities (breakfast, diner, etc ... )

i definitely recommend staying at Sofitel Heathrow if you are traveling. also it is only 45 min by metro to downtown London

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dera Lisa Boulos,

Thank for you taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay here at the Sofitel London Heathrow. We are pleased that you had a fantastic time staying with us. We will share this review with all our team.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay at the sofitel heathrow two or three times a year and I have seen and complained about service levels slipping. This stay however everything was much better apart from check in which was a little odd, as a regular guest I expect my lyalty to be recognised not asked twice by the same check in clerk if I had stayed before. I always have room service and the food has been under par but again not this time i had the burger which was delicous and the fries much improved as was the service . Thankyou to Mr Madden for allocating me my usual room and I look forward to returning in september.

Room Tip: i prefer to be away from the airport side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear djh2601,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here with us here at Sofitel Heathrow. I was very pleased to hear that you found our service much improved from your previous stays with us. Your reviews are always taken into consideration by us. As a loyal guest we agree that you should not have to go through the same questions over again as one would expect as a first time guest, I have made a note of this and asked the Front Office Manager to undertake some corrective training with the Front Desk team to make sure this does not happen again, please accept my apologies for the oversight on this occasion.

With regard to allocation of your room – do feel free to contact us directly prior to your next stay via our Guest Relations Team on their dedicated e-mail address of H6214-AM@sofitel.com so that we can ensure you are allocated to your usual room.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was exhausted after 24 hours of traveling through snow-delayed western Europe. Falling into the attentive luxurious atmosphere of the Sofitel at Terminal Five was just what I wanted. Yes, it is expensive; yes, it's a bit over the top glitzy and full of itself; but, frankly, if you are tired and want to fall into a perfect bed and have the perfect breakfast arrive in your room on time _and_ be close to your next flight departure: this is the hotel for you. Staff are competent without being all over you. Next time I hope to use the spa.

Room Tip: Inner courtyards are very peaceful; you'd never know you were on top of an airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Mrs Rehoboth,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your stay here at Sofitel. I am delighted that you found our hotel luxurious with the perfect atmosphere for you.
I was also happy that you found our team very attentive to your needs. I am pleased that you had a comfortable bed and your breakfast was perfect and served efficiently. It’s a shame you did not have time to visit our relaxing Spa, we do hope that next time you will have the opportunity to do so as I am sure it will enhance your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another great stay here at Sofitel London Heathrow soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed for one night ahead of a long haul flight the following day. Although pricey its worth it for the ease of getting to T5 before your flight - its just a 5 minute stroll from the hotel reception to check in. We had a lot of luggage and the conceirge arranged for one of the SkyPorters from the terminal to pop over and collect for us.

Staff were friendly and accomodating. We were staying with our 9 month old son and nothing was too much trouble for him. They ensured our room was spacious enough for the 3 of us and highchairs were readilly available.

The hotel is incredibly well sound proofed. We honestly couldn't hear a thing and we saw several planes taking off.

Room service was good - food arrived quicker than expected and was very tasty.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and will definitely visit again the next time we're flying out of Heathrow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear Shoegal_100,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us here at Sofitel London Heathrow. We were delighted to read that your stay was pleasant and the room was spacious enough for you and your family. I am glad that our Concierge team were very observant of your needs and they arranged for Sky Porters to come and collect you to make your journey easy. Our team will be very pleased to hear your feed back about the level of service they provided.

Please do visit us again, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again on your next visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel experience was exceptional. The gentleman who checked us in was extremely polite and helpful - he even gave aus a room upgrade from a queen to a king bed! I had purchased the cost of the breakfast when I paid for the hotel room and it, too, was exceptional. The food was hot and nicely prepared and the wait staff could not have been more accommodating.

This hotel is a little more expensive than ones we usually frequent, but its convenience to Heathrow and the overall quality was worth it.

Would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Bev M715,

Thank you for the fabulous review!! I am delighted that you found our hotel exceptional.
I was also happy that you liked the room upgrade. It is always pleasing to know that you enjoyed the food and the way it was prepared and served to you. I will pass this feed back on to our Executive Chef and l am sure he will take great pride in sharing your review with his team.

Myself and the team here at Sofitel are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Heathrow in the near future.

Anna Dowling - General Manager

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!