We were flying with BA and wanted a hotel with parking, where we get to keep the keys and know the car has not been moved. Sofitel was spot on.
We got a fly and park deal via a well know holiday site that does extras. Ok all the yellow marked spaces were gone (that you are supposed to use) so I rang the reception and an extremely polite gent said, park in any space. The staff and room was exceptional, comfortable, clean and toiletries and robes etc. Reception stamp your ticket so there is no need to return into the hotel when you return and you can go straight to the car. The walk from the hotel into the terminal is undercover and indoors so I could leave the big bulky coats in the car too which was a bonus flying to miami in December. My only let down was one of the restaurants was closed so we used the main one, the food was good but the service was shocking - the main course had arrived before any drinks did, although ordered together and only then did we get them because we had to go and find a man in a suit - the art of avoiding eye contact was fabulous by the wait staff. Check out was fast, trolleys were free and available right next to check in and the bell boys brought all the luggage to the room for you. I also recommend trying a cocktail in the bar. All in all we will stay again but will will stop and buy sandwiches etc on the way in. Shame the restaurant service let it down really as the others were fabulous. And yes you pay more for the convenience but we thought it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel