“This is what an airport hotel should be--totally comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Sofitel London Heathrow
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Hounslow
San Francisco
“This is what an airport hotel should be--totally comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times and will again. After a long day of uncomfortable airports and flights, it's great to be able to get a great night's sleep before the long haul home. The place was designed with the comfort of the short-term visitor in mind. It is quiet. The big restaurant is quite good, serving comfort food from many different cuisines. We have found the front desk to be very efficient and pleasant. We used to use the Hilton at Terminal 4 but since Terminal 5 came on line, this is our "go to" hotel at Heathrow, and we actually look forward to it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
May I take this opportunity to thank you for continuing loyalty to the Sofitel Heathrow. I am delighted that we are now your hotel of ‘choice’ and we look forward to welcoming you back again. My sincere thanks for your kind Review.

3,728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We used this hotel for a long stopover for family passing through Heathrow. It's perfect for that -- a 5 minute covered walk from Terminal 5. The staff was very courteous and helpful and the tea salon was a very pleasant and calm place to have tea and catch up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a long wait at heathrow and I was shattered so I booked in for the day, a bit on the steep side, though standard rate, £125. All in all, perfect. Clean, beautifully appointed room and bathroom.

Nickel and Dimed on every aspect though, be aware, you will be charged extra for EVERYTHING. Even use of the pool was extra. C'mon, that should be in with your room!

I'd stay again though the Hilton at T4 was just as good and I get more benefits with being a member of honors.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent Review of the Sofitel London Heathrow. I have noted all your findings and will take them ‘on board’ for the future. I am pleased that you would stay with us again and hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Using a converter used all over the UK, plugged in my iPhone and the the cord and charger were fried. All paper outlets in room went out and had to move rooms at mi SD night. Hotel refused to replace my $40 USD iPod charger and cord stating that I needed to purchase a converter from them! What????

Will take our travel to lhr dollars elsewhere. Very unhappy.

• Stayed December 2012
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent Review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to learn of the issues that you had with your convertor, particularly, as we have a dedicated American socket in every room. I was unaware of this issue. May I ask you to contact me directly by e mail on : vincent.madden@sofitel.com so I can obtain more details.
Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Everything was of a high standard and the bathroom was gorgeous but I felt like I could't relax out of my room. There was an issue about food vouchers in which I was told I would have to pay a huge amount to eat or wait until the evening ( My flight got in at 6am). I waited, the food was incredibly overpriced and too fancy for me. Staff were quite rude, £15 a day for wifi that didn't work and there was a huge wedding going on. Great room but that's all I liked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!