Whenever I fly out of Heathrow, I use the Sofitel. It may be a little more expensive than other so-called airport hotels, but the convenience alone makes the extra worth paying - for Terminal 5, it's a 2 minute walk away, and for the other terminals a free rail transfer makes getting there a breeze.
Convenience aside, the quality of the room and facilities are top-notch. Spotlessly clean, well-sound-proofed, friendly staff... and if the food's not your thing (it's okay for a transit hotel) you're just a short blast on the Heathrow Express from the centre of London and a myriad of choices.
So I stayed there again a fornight ago on my way out of the country, and as ever all the above applied. Plus a free upgrade to a kingsize-bedded room was much appreciated - it's these little touches that make you appreciate the already friendly and helpful staff on the front desk all the more. And now there's free wifi, an omission I'd felt let the place down in the past. Remedied now, I am pleased to find. A little disappointed to find the toiletries are no longer L'Occitane; the new stuff isn't a patch on it. I'd be delighted to find that this was just a temporary blip and not a permanent change in the contract...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel