We were in a situation where to avoid dear husband coming home just for 36 hours, I flew to Heathrow and we decided having priced Central London hotels, we would make it very easy for his flight back out of the UK and we would stay at Heathrow
We were delighted with the convenience of the Sofitel, no need to use hotel hoppa buses and we had access to the terminal which meant we could take choices of eating at places like Carluccios in the terminal/ coffee in Costa/ items from M and S food to go or we could eat in the hotel. We thought the hotel was expensive food and drink wise, but we also recognise this an airport hotel and some will have no issue paying the prices they ask. But for others, there are choices.
Hotel is very clean, rooms extremely comfortable and the bathroom is well appointed with a great shower separate from the bath. They are also very quiet so we had three good nights sleep.
Access to buses (Bus stop 8 for Windsor) and the tube made it very easy to travel around and given the fact that the cost of hotels in Central London on the Friday night were so high (it is Xmas party season) we actually saved on the overall weekend cost even allowing for the tube cost on one day. Getting to Windsor was so easy - much easier than it would have been if we had stayed in a Central London hotel.
Maximum time to walk to departures - around 5 minutes, all indoors
So a good hotel, staff a little stiff but answered all questions asked of them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel