After flying in late from Venice and arriving at Gatwick Airport at 12:30 am, we had to make our way via mini-cab to Heathrow Terminal 5 (BA) for our flight early the next morning. The Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5 was the perfect choice.
EVERYTHING was great about this hotel! The layout of the lobby, check-in and check-out, the buffet breakfast (which was included with out room rate), the great service given by staff, the extremely modern room with great beds and furnishings. After the great experience of staying (although our stay was short) the icing on the cake was the 5 minute inside walk straight to check-in at BA Terminal 5 for our flight back to Abu Dhabi. NEVER had it this good on a connecting flight in and out of London.
It is more expensive than the other hotels surrounding the airport, but it's definitely WORTH IT! The 5 minute walk from hotel to terminal makes it all worthwhile.
Stay here next time you have to leave from Heathrow Terminal 5 in the early morning.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.