The underground car park is easy and accessible. The hotel seems well-run with comfortable restaurants and bars. We had a pleasant dinner in La Belle Epoque which came to over £200 with wine and liquors - not cheap but half the price if you were to drink water only. The "Luxury Room, King-size bed, Club Millésime Lounge access" was fine, but the "FREE unlimited Internet access" was not apparent when connected via the Ethernet cable and there were no instructions as to how to access it. A call down to reception instructed me to open the web browser and use the “Free” button; the resulting speeds were worse than useless and it was only on complaining at checkout that I found that I should have connected via a pay option, scrolled down past the credit card details section and charged it to my room for a refund. Thus I wasted a couple of hours trying to access web pages to no effect. Note that the “free” wifi and internet access is only good for light emailing and the paid access is absurdly priced. This is unworthy of such a hotel in my opinion.
The Spa seemed pleasant. The Club Millésime Lounge provided cereals and pastries for breakfast. La Belle Epoque provides more but we thought we would at least try the Lounge. It is all very beige and apart from the halogen lights looks like something from the American dramatic television series "Mad Men" (which is set in 1960’s New York City). We had a good meal in Vivre, where you can get burgers, pizzas etc. We had a two course set menu for around £25 each. We had a couple of mediocre cappuccinos in the bar for £9 including service (12.5% is added on).
In summary, this is a good, comfortable hotel with reasonable facilities in an excellent location at London Heathrow Terminal 5. It is pricey to eat, drink and access the internet at broadband speeds however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel