We stayed at this great hotel at the end of October and again November 19th. Our stay this past weekend was stressful at first because we were given a room just above an open area where a Cambridge Convention was being held. The music was very loud and the desk staff told us it could go on until midnight! (We called them at 8pm) They changed our room and gave us an upgrade which was nice. The hotel staff should have only put the conventioners' in the rooms near the convention hall. We told them this, as well.
Breakfast was a nightmare simply because of the conventioners' rude and loud behaviour. The dining room was filled with many middle aged women dressed inappropriately and clearly hung over. This made for an unpleasant meal. We witnessed a man take the place setting off of a table next to him, where a couple had just arrived and put their jackets over the chair to go up to the buffet! When we told the waiter, he was in disbelief! We felt very bad for the wait staff as they looked to be very stressed. Other guests were talking about how disruptive the conventioners' were.
The room was sparkling clean - which is VERY important to me. The bathrooms are beautiful and the bed's are a dream!
Our stay in October was a lot more restful. We have stayed at this hotel three times and would stay again with no hesitation. (We hope never to run into another convention like the one being held there this past weekend, though!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Perrier-Jouet Champagne bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel