“THE hotel for T5!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel London Heathrow

You added Sofitel London Heathrow to your Saves list
Sofitel London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 5, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep & Fly
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Greek first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Spent just one night here, but its a memorable experience. I guess this is the only hotel which has can be accessed direct from terminal 5 in Heathrow. The check in was fast and smooth. Food is good. Breakfast is 20GBP, but its not that great. they charge 15GBP for 24hrs internet, but its fast. Very business friendly. Heathrow is very nicely connected to central London through underground. So if have the luxury of spending 40min in train, then this hotel is very good. But even more so if you have a early morning flight to catch. On the whole a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

When checking in was informed that they needed to charge 100 pounds per night on my credit card for incidentals. They wanted to charge 400 pounds on my card and said they may keep this charge on my card for up to 30 days after my departure.

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference. There were two big functions happening at the same time - so all the restaurants and bars were closed as well as the elevators that were closest to my room. The staff was very busy and they would not let guests into the lobby of the hotel or anywhere near the restaurant or bars. Basically there was no service available unless you were attending the private functions.

When I tried to order some food and wine from room service, they did not answer the phone for 30 minutes. When they finally answered I was told it would take at least 2 hours before they could "get to me" - so I walked to the T5 terminal and bought some food and wine.

There was no bottle opener in the room - so once again called room service to ask for a bottle opener and wine glasses. They charged 5 pounds to deliver the bottle opener, then they insisted on opening the bottle and refused to leave the opener with us for the 2nd bottle, so we would have to pay again to have the 2nd bottle opened.

Several other incidences happened while staying at this hotel:

- At the restaurant I ordered a steak medium rare and it came out well done. When I complained they insisted the steak was medium rare.

- The staff stopped my girlfriend on several occasions and asked her to show her room key - this happened while walking in the lobby.

- When you pay for the internet service in your room, it does not work i the meeting rooms or lobby - so you have to pay twice for the same service.

On our last night we were in the bar and asked for some white wine. The bartender showed us the wine menu then said all he had available in white wine was one more glass of chardonnay. There were many bottles visible behind the bar but he refused to open a new one. It seemed whatever we asked for at the bar was not available - including any of the wine, yet for some reason others were able to order white wine.

I felt that most of the staff at this hotel treated us as though we were bothering them rather than as guests.

If you are looking for convenience, snobbery and the opporunity to be nickel and dimed to death the Sofitel at Heathrow is perfect. If you want to be treated as a human being - look somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear Sir,

It disappoints me greatly to read the review here on Tripadvisor particularly as you have spoken to myself, the Operations Manager the Customer Relations Manager as well as several members of the team. I have also written to you directly.

You did stay during a very busy period as you attended one of the two large events you mentioned. You may not have been aware however that your event organiser worked with us and the other event for many months together as both jointly wanted to be here at the same time and together, we all worked hard to deliver exceptional service to all our guests. Overall it has been very successful and I am sorry if these decisions affected your stay. This was far from our intention.

As promised when we spoke I will fully investigate the specific service issues in the meantime I apologise for any confusion in relation to the facilities as I can confirm the following.

When paying by the same card as is authorised on arrival any balance is refunded the same day. If a separate card is used it can be a long process through the banking system. You probably did not need to know this and this information is frightening if given incorrectly I'm sorry of this was the case.

At no stage were the restaurants closed from normal operations although for two hours on one day we had one rather than two bars open, I believe during this period you will have been in the other bar having your pre dinner drinks with your company.

There were 5 lifts to all floors in operation at all times with restrictions for one evening on the lift used to access our conference rooms. There was no regime of checking residents in public areas however if a guest wanted to gain access to a private function, particularly the celebrity event, without invitation, we will of course check that they are in the correct area and direct them accordingly. If this upset your girlfriend please pass on my apologies.

We do charge a tray charge for room service and if there is extraordinary demand we will give a delivery time. I am unaware that delays you described were experienced during your stay however if this was your experience I am sincerely sorry.

Your wireless internet once purchased does work throughout the hotel as the IP address will be recognised wirelessly in all parts of the hotel.

Sir, whenever we gain negative feedback from guests we treat it most seriously and your comments have and are being full investigated. I refer you to my invitation in my e-mail to you and if in the meantime I can be of any assistance please do contact me at vincent.madden@sofitel.com or at the hotel directly.

With kind regards

Vincent Madden
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Perfect on all accounts and possibly the best customer service ever recieved in a UK hotel. Perfect for that early morning flight from T5 ( especially if you've got young children ).

If I had to pick fault with the hotel this would be the Wifi costs.

Room Tip: Book early and ask about parking deals
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sedona, Az.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The only regret I had about my stay at the Sofitel was not being able to stay longer.
It was everything one would hope for after many weeks of travel that did not always allow for this kind of comfort and quality.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Was put here by Singapore Airlines when one of their A380s went "technical" and we had to turn back to LHR. Reception coped pretty well with an Airbus full of passengers at 2a.m. Room turned out to be very comfortable and breakfast was well above average for a hotel buffet. Mini-bar was empty but I guess thats deliberate for airline refugees. Hotel is brand new and connected to T5 by walkway. If I had to stay at LHR i'd go there again. I'm not a big fan of Sofitels (see reviews on BKK and Bali) but this one did all you'd expect of an airport hotel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

This is the best hotel and so easy to find in Terminal 5. The hotel is beautiful and so comfortable. I will always stay there when I go to London. Front desk staff is outstanding.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!