When checking in was informed that they needed to charge 100 pounds per night on my credit card for incidentals. They wanted to charge 400 pounds on my card and said they may keep this charge on my card for up to 30 days after my departure.
Stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference. There were two big functions happening at the same time - so all the restaurants and bars were closed as well as the elevators that were closest to my room. The staff was very busy and they would not let guests into the lobby of the hotel or anywhere near the restaurant or bars. Basically there was no service available unless you were attending the private functions.
When I tried to order some food and wine from room service, they did not answer the phone for 30 minutes. When they finally answered I was told it would take at least 2 hours before they could "get to me" - so I walked to the T5 terminal and bought some food and wine.
There was no bottle opener in the room - so once again called room service to ask for a bottle opener and wine glasses. They charged 5 pounds to deliver the bottle opener, then they insisted on opening the bottle and refused to leave the opener with us for the 2nd bottle, so we would have to pay again to have the 2nd bottle opened.
Several other incidences happened while staying at this hotel:
- At the restaurant I ordered a steak medium rare and it came out well done. When I complained they insisted the steak was medium rare.
- The staff stopped my girlfriend on several occasions and asked her to show her room key - this happened while walking in the lobby.
- When you pay for the internet service in your room, it does not work i the meeting rooms or lobby - so you have to pay twice for the same service.
On our last night we were in the bar and asked for some white wine. The bartender showed us the wine menu then said all he had available in white wine was one more glass of chardonnay. There were many bottles visible behind the bar but he refused to open a new one. It seemed whatever we asked for at the bar was not available - including any of the wine, yet for some reason others were able to order white wine.
I felt that most of the staff at this hotel treated us as though we were bothering them rather than as guests.
If you are looking for convenience, snobbery and the opporunity to be nickel and dimed to death the Sofitel at Heathrow is perfect. If you want to be treated as a human being - look somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express/ Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathroom include separate walk in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel Food and Beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Library Bar and the Tea 5 salon. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour Gym as well as a hydro suite with Vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. we do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.