“big breakfast buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Colorado Springs, CO
“big breakfast buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a large, modern, fairly new hotel. Pool and sauna. Big warm and cold breakfast buffet each morning. No need to leave hungry.

We stayed 3 nights. Noticed that there were no luggage racks, so had to put our suitcases on a table. Also, no wash clothes, but that is typically European, I think. Beds were fine the first night, but after 3 nights the buttons on the mattress were starting to get to us.

The downside I see is that the hotel is pretty far from the city center, a 40 minute tube ride and 15 minutes walk through a residential neighborhood from the tube station to the hotel. It's not in a particularly business part of town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HHHManager, Manager at Heston Hyde Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear timmymel

Thank you for reviewing Heston Hyde Hotel.

Great to read your comments about the breakfast, as you note, the hotel is brand new. Please let me look into luggage racks; overhead room on the wardrobes we through could be used for luggage storage once guests unpacks, as wardrobes provide ample storage, however it might be we do need to offer luggage racks on request in addition too.

About the hotel location, as advertised, we are very close to Heathrow airport without being confined to an airport alone. As I am sure you are aware, London metropolitan area is vast and consists of, over the centuries joined by expansion, many hamlets (villages). Heston Hyde Hotel is within less than 5 minute walk from the centre of one of those, Heston, and its small parade of shops and restaurants. Nearby Hounslow offers many more choices for shopping, dining and various business services. I am very sorry if the team failed to provide you with local information as whilst London's West End is 40 minutes tube ride away, everything one needs can be found locally and there are many interesting sights in vicinity too.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Heston Hyde Hotel soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for only one night while visiting London. The receptionist was very efficient and check in was quick and easy. The hotel was large, clean and tastefully decorated. We loved our large and airy bedroom. The bathroom was lovely and very clean and the bedroom very comfortable. This hotel is ideal for Heathrow Airport and for visiting the sights of London. Would use this one again. Free wi-fi was useful. There is also a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicola H

Many thanks for your review. It is great to hear our ongoing training efforts are showing in efficient reception, making your check in quick and easy. Thank you also for praising the cleanliness and comfort, as well as tasteful décor.

As you mention, our location is ideal for Heathrow and very convenient for getting into London too and we do hope to welcome you back when your travels take you back to this area.

With kindest regards
Cascais, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I got to the Heston Hyde Hotel by accident. But I was happy to stay there.
The staff were very friendly, the rooms are very clean and the restaurant is decent.
I left a piece of clothing at the bar and asked the hotel to post it to Portugal - no issues at all (thank you very much Mandy Passfield, for having it delivered and putting up with me).
If you need to overnight near Heathrow do take this hotel. It's near, it's new and it's clean. Free wifi and Piccadilly Line is nearby...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Zuiver

Many thanks for taking the time to review Heston Hyde Hotel and for sharing with fellow travellers your happiness with the stay - even if you did find us by accident!

Good to hear you found the team very friendly, rooms clean and you liked our Glasshouse restaurant. As you say, the location is very good for access to Heathrow but also into town via Piccadilly line which is only a short distance away. Thank you also for noting Mandy's helpfulness, please be assured all feedback is shared with the team and I have already thanked her on your behalf.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel is bright and airy and seems to be shiny clean, I stayed there with work to be honest after not managing to get into my usual place in its second week of being open and it did look new and bright and has a lovely airy reception area.

The rooms are a good size, bright and big comfy beds, water and wifi included minor room niggles are the doors bang really loudly all the time and the ridiculous small towels favoured by so many hotels but I just don't get why they think folk like them, I use the as hair size towels at home and hate getting them in a hotel. It was near a motorway and flight oath but was nice and quiet I got a good sleep once the door banging stopped.

All the staff seemed new and a bit slow needing to get better at serving I think it took two of them to pour a wine and soda, oh and watch for the automatic 10% service charge a bit sly I think as I went to the bar stood and got my own drink and if I'd wanted to tip I would have....also this is not advertised it's hidden on the bill which is something I really didn't like and I think let's the hotel down as a bit sneaky!

That said food was limited but tasty at night, breakfast ok not great but it had what's needed and again staff pleasant and cheery.

All In all it's serviceable and clean and comfy, it's not brilliant but I'd stay again if I needed to but it wouldn't be my first choice in the area, I think it will quickly become a coach party hotel rather than a business one as the little niggles I think would annoy on multiple visits shame though as the team clearly want to do a good job and the room size is great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear amack

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Heston Hyde Hotel with fellow travellers. It is great that you have found the hotel bright and airy and shiny clean and we are glad to have been able to offer the alternative from your usual choice.

Please accept my apologies for the doors noise, we are adjusting door closers to ensure guest doors do close without needing assistance, so security is not compromised with trying to keep the noise down. The hotel does provide both hand towels and bath sheets, please let me apologise if in your room only hand towels were provided, as our bath sheets are a standard size, not small. As you note, we do have excellent sound proofing. Apologies for the lack of speed during bar service, we are continuously recruiting to add to the team and training is ongoing as we are building our business.
With regards to service charge, I am sure as an experienced traveller you will be aware it is standard in all 4* and above hotels, if not in budget chains too, not just in this area but UK wide. It is displayed clearly on our menus and, unlike many hotels which have been charging 12,5% or more, HHH has been kept it at low 10%. As clearly stated on the bill, this is optional and should guest wish to have it removed, every team member will do so upon request. Please do contact me directly if you request for removal has not been honoured and I will follow up immediately.

Thank you again for taking the time to note the cheery and pleasant team and clean and comfy bedrooms, together with great room sizes. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back!

With kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We recently had our stay at this beautiful hotel, considering the fact that the hotel is still not fully opened the hotel staff did there best to make our stay comfortable we must say we encountered great hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RM041089

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Heston Hyde Hotel, we are really pleased that you have felt looked after and experienced great hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Heston Hyde Hotel again soon.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A whole plane load arrived at the hotel at very short notice.
We were quickly allocated to rooms and a dinner served.
The hotel seemed very new and there were a few minor faults, such as phone not connected.
However all the staff were exceptional and dealt with all problems cheerfully and efficiently.
The rooms were very well appointed although one minor point needs attention:
The springs on the bedroom doors are so strong that there is a lot of door banging.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HHHManager, Manager at Heston Hyde Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Seventy09

Thank you for your review of our newly opened Heston Hyde Hotel, we are glad that we have managed to provide some comfort to weary travellers and I am really pleased to read you have found the staff exceptional, cheerful and efficient!

Thank you also for the most useful feedback about the bedroom doors, as you know we are fairly new so there will be some tweaks still to do, please accept my apology for telephone situation not explained properly, due to being a part of a delayed flight group, we have been unable to open telephone lines from individual rooms. Please accept once more my apology if this affected your stay, do rest assured we offer phone facilities but in these cases, outside calls need to be made through reception.

I do hope we get a chance to accommodate you in much more relaxed circumstances soon!

Warrington, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Paid for a deluxe double which is advertised as having mini bar, bathrobe, slipper, complimentary bottled water, luxurious toiletries, iron and ironing board. Checked in and there was none of them. A trip to reception to confirm I was given the right room and yes I was. She claimed that robes etc. were for suites not rooms. I showed the info on my booking confirmation then it all changed to excuses. The mini bar was out for repair, the robes haven't come in yet etc. etc. I had to argue at check out to get the difference refunded...their excuse....we've only been open for 4 weeks! I doubt for one minute that they only planned 4 weeks in advance. If they knew they didn't have everything to fulfil a deluxe room description they should not be taking the extra money for the deluxe room benefits. If you buy anything from the bar or restaurant they automatically charge a 10% service fee. This is outrageous, they claim it's discretionary but how can it be if they put it on the bill and rely on you to spot it and have it removed. They are just praying on people who are too shy to ask for it to be removed. A tip should be at the discretion of the guest and not the hotel. Evening meal was okay but expensive with a very limited menu. The room was okay, bed comfy, clean etc. as were the public areas. They also coped well with an unexpected influx of guests from cancelled flights This is where they make their money, I don't believe that they really care about any guest as long as they get the cash....that was certainly the impression I got in the way I was dealt with. As for breakfast.....two rasher of bacon left in the pot bubbling away in fat, dried up scrambled eggs, cold hash browns, sausages and beans were okay, as was the toast. Breakfast tip......go early whilst the food is fresh and hot. After a 25 minute wait at checkout I was happily on my way, never to return. There are plenty of hotels in the area so lots of choice. This is an old Travelodge which has had a refurb. They do have a pool but you have to take the towels from your room as the pool ones haven't turned up yet......they must be with the mini bar and bathrobes!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Heston Hyde Hotel? Share your experiences!