“Not to Everyone's Taste” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 189 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We provide a range of Lebanese cuisines and a large spacious shisha area
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not to Everyone's Taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

When my friend suggested we might visit a Lebanese Restaurant I was quite excited as this was to be a first for me.

The Mawal Gardens is pleasantly arranged with the chefs in plain view. The service was good, the well-priced menu with a good choice and good quantity portions so why did I leave feeling just a little deflated?

The reason a Lebanese restaurant was chosen was because one of the party did not like highly spiced food. The food we ordered turned out be very mild so I am sure she was satisfied whereas I found it to be bland and uninteresting.

I appreciate we all have different tastes and I sure the restaurants regular clientele must be happy but although everything was well cooked and the salads well prepared it was just not my kind of food so it is unlikely that I will be rushing to return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Isleworth, United Kingdom
“Great Vibe, Good Shishas, Poor Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Tried their food it wasn't good. The shishas and the crowd was good tho. The price for the food was also rip off. Not impressed with the food

Visited December 2013
United Arab Emirates
“I am afraid as a restaurant I would give this one a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

A long time fixture in Hounslow, this restaurant has an attractive looking entrance to a function room and shisha garden to the side. Since nowadays even shishas are considered smoking they are banned indoors, but a garden is only useful for a limited portion of the year here. Anyway, we were 4 and went into the restaurant for dinner. It looked okay but the service was slow and the restaurant was cold. The starters were good - moutabal, baba ganoush, hommos, falafels, the usual range. No alcohol in this restaurant. The main courses were cold and got colder with the restaurant. The lamb shank was tender. The only dessert was a few bits of baklava on a plate. We struggled to get the bill, it was not cheap, although where is in London nowadays. Overall I vote this one a miss.

• Visited March 2014