“Lovely weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Haslingden, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I thought this was a great hotel. I read a few bad reviews before I went but very happy when I arrived. It's very reasonably priced, I looked at sooo many different hotels and hostels and found nothing as good value. There were very nice staff, delicious breakfast (with pancakes) and the spa and pool were ace.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Wouldn't rate this hotel it was just awful. I picked up my husband from Heathrow after a 13 hour business trip home we went straight to this hotel as we had an Indian wedding to attend to near by early the following morning. On arrival the we were greeted by two men on reception which were polite.we were asked to put a £50 deposit on our card which I have never heard of before which we would get back. Checked into our room if you could call it a room more like a cupboard,room 415 at the end of the corridor, well omg we were shocked broken window,filthy carpet which we to scared to take our shoes off! watermarks around the bottom of the bed damp walls with dirty marks, slopping floor which went our bed slopped backwards,a wardrobe which was a hole with no doors which you could only hang a shirts. Bathroom floor tiled uneven and dirty. It just goes on. We asked to speak to the manager to be told not available, what a surprise! My husband and I have traveled the world staying in many hotels,we have never experienced anything so disgusting. So be aware..

Room Tip: Don't go
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Room dirty, Appalling smell coming from bathroom, toilet broken and would not flush, bad service at breakfast, apathetic staff - really not interested when I commented on the poor quality of my stay.

I couldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid them all
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Staff were great and really helpful, couldn't do more for us.

After booking I read the reviews and considered canceling.

+ The hotel was clean,
+ Parking bay leads through to hotel
- The room was slightly "worn out" but made no difference to our stay
- I think bath robes and slippers should be provided in rooms with the hotel, having it has a spa facilities

Swimming pool, sauna steam facilities were great
My partner used the spa treatment and enjoyed his massage

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my partner for my birthday, the stay was horrible as we first came into our room their was loads of mould on the ceiling where the shower is and it smelt disgusting really damp, the toilet did not flush, their was a broken lamp hanging off the bed side with mould on, in the morning when we went to get ready none of the lights were working, the water wasnt working, we asked what the problem was and they said they've had a power cut, we couldn't have our breakfast that was included in our stay or use the toilet, or have a shower, it came up to half 2 in the day time and it still wasn't sorted they told us it wouldn't be sorted till 6 on the night time which has theirfor ruined my birthday not enjoyed myself at all its ridiculous, I'd advise noone the stay here the staff are also very rude they walked off in a huff.

• Stayed November 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Last minute booking. We try to stay in a different part of London every trip. After booking this hotel we looked at Trip Advisor ( wrong way round I know) Glad we did it that way though. We were extremely pleasantly surprised when we stayed here. Firstly you can park your car in the hotel car park. ( don't forget to put the ticket on the windscreen ) Great service from friendly helpful staff . Nice clean room. Our only observation. Could do with reading lamps beside the beds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I travel to London quite a bit for work, I have never stayed in this particular hotel before and never will again. I checked tripadvisor the morning of my trip and was pretty worried about what I read.. but everything came true.

- Smelly/damp room
- Bed clothes smelled of smoke
- Room service was cold and awful
- Club sandwich was cold
- Ribeye was 75% fat with a small piece of meat

- I asked for an Iron, it came 90 mins later!

If the hotel made some improvements it would be ideal for me as it's right beside the tube.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Continental Hotel? Share your experiences!