“Oasis in an unlikely place” 4 of 5 stars

The Continental Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 - 31 Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 1JA, England   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Oasis in an unlikely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Me & my partner spent 1 night here recently on a trip to London.
What we found was a gem of a hotel, in a not so nice area of London.
Rooms were big and spacious, with a nice big shower and comfy large bed.

We used the hotel pool & spa, and found a very tranquil place to relax with hot tub, steam room, sauna & decent size pool.
The hotel is conveniently situated 2 minutes walk from Hounslow West Tube station. Which we used to travel up to Covent Garden (about 30 mins). Last tube back was at 00.30, so we managed to have a lovely meal & boogie in Central London & then still get back to our hotel at a decent hour.
Nice hotel, at a nice price. Only downside to this hotel is that the car park charge is £15 a night, which is way to high. But other than that, I would recommend this hotel to others, & will probably use again in the near future.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the top floor, as per normal with most hotels.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ishan K, Manager at The Continental Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.
I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed every element of your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Best Wishes,

Ishan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Indonesian first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

It was a great stay for me and my partner...I am not too sure about these negative reviews..the decor was up to date and room the correct size. The shower was immense and felt luxurious. Although located in a busy part of town, I found it relatively quiet and was able to relax and enjoy. The staff were friendly and the food was excellent at the restaurant. Really people...it is worth trying!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review. It is always a pleasure to read such a great comments.

I am very proud of my front desk staff and the housekeeping staff. Both team maintains very high standards and they will be glad to read your comments.

Don't forget to book directly with us to get the best rates.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

1. No parking place for the bus
2.50 degrees in the bathrom in the middle of the summer!
3.no water at the shower in the morning after a hot night without functional air conditioning!
4.the guide and drivers couldn't sleep in their rooms and were very tired after a 700 km day!
5.no plug adaptor available at the reception desk!
6.empty minibar
7.very small room
8.no London map available at the reception.
You don't know what am I talking about?
Come on guys: it is all about a 4 stars hotel in London!
NEVER EVER TRY THIS !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gangtok, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay in the Hotel from 27th May to 6th July was comfortable. Very good restaurant. Complimentary breakfast too good. Wish, more items were included. The gym, swimming pool etc. are fabulous. Some facilities are recommended for improvement, such as rectification of defective fridge in the room and adding one more escalator. Rest good hotel. Keep it up.

M T Sherpa

Room Tip: Some noise interference
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ishan K, Manager at The Continental Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to note that you have rated us highly in terms of location and service. Thank you for highlighting the problem with your stay, It is comments such as these that allows us to focus on areas that require attention so that we can consistently improve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Cirencester, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The whole hotel feels like it is crammed into what feels like a rennovated office block. The car park is small,so is reception and the dining area which is quite dark is shoe-horned into a section of the bar. The hotel could also do with a facelift - the decor is a bit tired. The rooms are basic, and fairly small - mine had air conditioning which was reasonably effective. The buliding is shared with a gym which is located in the basement - gym members use the car park which gets very busy as a result. There is only one lift which is small - room for 3 people - awkward if you're on the 4th floor like I was. On the positive side the staff were friendly and helpful. Be warned - this is really a 2/3 star hotel, not a 4 star.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here on the 4th and 5th of July 2013, we were there to see Robbie Williams at Wembley! whom I might add did not disappoint ! we were checked in after booking through Olotels.com and were shocked to find we had to pay £100 deposit, which we were not advised about either through the hotel or olotels. However Rizwan managed to sort this out for us. Upon arriving in our room I was vey disappointed it was certainly not clean to my standards (I run a cleaning company) there were water marks on all the bathroom accessories and dust clearly visible on the toilet roll holder. The headboard of the bed was also thick with dust. I called rizwan, who came up to the room, and apologised. I was told we would be moved rooms, however there was no other rooms.
Rizwan, had tried to make amends and this was appreciated however we feel more could have been done by the management.
However on the plus side of this hotel , Bart who was working through the night on the 4th, was fantastic, and I would like to say a massive thank you for him for being understanding and for listening to me, after I returned to the hotel in the early hours after having been assaulted in soho. I would definitely recommend him for promotion. The friendliness from Riswan and Bart definitely made the faults with the hotel more bearable. Breakfast was also not wonderful the tea I got was cold and very anaemic!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My mom and I stayed here for one night on June 27 before departing the UK to go back home. We had spent all day travelling from Edinburgh to London King's Cross, where we then took the Picadilly Line to the Hounslow Central Station as it is much cheaper than taking a cab - 10 pounds for the both of us I believe. For anyone planning on doing the same thing and staying in this area, make note that this specific train station does not have a lift so you have to carry your luggage down a long flight of stairs.
The hotel was only about a 3 minute walk away from the station and my initial reaction walking in was that it looked really nice.
I was fooled.
The pictures do not lie. The bathroom floor was dirty and stained - my mom actually wore her flip flops in the shower, the hot water tap was taped up and in order to get any water to come out, you had to twist it back and forth about 20 times and then the water would come shooting out spraying all over. We complained to reception about this and they said that it isn't broken, you just need to turn it a few times for it to work.
There were lipstick stains on the coffee mugs and the battery cover on the remote was missing.
The only saving grace this hotel has is that the wait staff at dinner was very friendly and the food was suprisingly good. This however, raised my hopes for the breakfast selection which were instantly destroyed when we saw the buffet. We were told that with our room number we were allowed to have a selection of cold meats and cheese and cereal, however if we wanted to pay 5 pounds more we could eat the scraps of bacon and eggs that were left sitting.
Needless to say we left as soon as we could, and will never be going back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Viking Hotel
Croydon Park Hotel
#6 of 23 in Croydon
3.5 of 5 stars 675 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to The Continental Hotel? Share your experiences!