“great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi i stayed there in february on rugby game. Great conetction to airport and rugby stadium. Staff very helpful specially restaurant (Navi) and night reception (Bart) thank you. Room clean nice standard. Could be just a little bit warmer. Great Gym and spa. Food outstanding. See you soon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the most unpleasant experience of staying at this hotel whilst I had some emergency repairs to my property mid-December. This is NOT a 4-star establishment so please do not expect it when you arrive. The bathroom sink was full of black lime scale, as was the shower. The room was very basic and did not have a mini-bar. The TV was tiny and almost pointless as there weren't really any channels to watch.
The breakfast was the highlight of my stay. A good selection and very friendly catering staff.
Upon check-out, my room had been cleared upon returning from breakfast at 10.30am - as checkout is 11am I am still very confused about this! My belongings were returned in two bin bags and some items missing.
I turned to the GM, Wayne Davis, to resolve this issue but he was as helpful as a whole in the head, or less, and had the worst attitude of anyone I have ever come across in a customer service profession. When I called him 'mate' he pulled the following sentence: "I am the General Manager of a 4 star establishment and you cannot speak to me like that". Need I say more. To make a long story short, I had to involve the Police to get any kind of recognition of responsibility from Wayne. And regrettably, the matter is still ongoing....
Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would instead like to direct you to the newly build Days Inn or Travellodge hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Southside, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff were very friendly and efficient. I was on my way home and booked here because of close proximity to Heathrow. Meena, the manager and the staff in the bar/restaurant were fabulous! Lovely little town just next to the airport. Many shops. Felt very safe. Took the underground to my terminal. Would stay here again. Bullstrode pub 5 minute walk, Delicious Lamb burger. Also good Indian food at Hollywood.

Room Tip: I was in 224 and found id just fine
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here our first night in London because of it's close proximity to the airport and short walk from a tube station. We were very happy with our nice, clean, and relatively spacious room. If you're looking for a quick, cheap night near the airport, this isn't a bad choice. However, we did notice an unpleasent (musky) odur in the hallway and stairwell, I'm assuming a result of fitness centre and pool immediately adjacent. All in all, a decent stay for a reasonable price, but we looked at (and chose) another option in the same area for our last night of the trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I agree with the lady below, I cannot understand why this hotel has been given poor reviews, I stayed for two nights this week. I found my stay very pleasant indeed, the staff are very welcoming and helpful. I stayed on the second floor in a double room, all amenities were how you would expect from a 4 star hotel and the decor was very pleasing on the eye. As i travel on business a lot I always look for four points, Bed, bathroom, WiFi and TV. All were excellent in particular the WiFi and it was free of charge !!.

I look forward to returning the Continental again soon. Many thanks for the service and attention I recieved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hay on Wye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I likewise cannot understand the bad reviews this hotel is getting. We booked in on Friday night for the weekend. Friendly staff, clean room, wifi was brilliant - and free - in rooms and public area. Shower was brilliant...good blast, rather than a trickle. Bathroom was decent size. Breakfast was ok. Soundproofing in the hotel was excellent - it is not too far from Heathrow Airport and on a busy main road, but could not hear any aircraft or car noise. Will certainly stay here again when I visit London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Continental Hotel? Share your experiences!