“Handy to the airport...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn London Heathrow

Save Saved
You added Jurys Inn London Heathrow to your Saves list
Jurys Inn London Heathrow
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eastern Perimeter Road | Hatton Cross, Hounslow TW6 2SQ, England   |
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
London, United Kingdom
“Handy to the airport...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Handy to London Heathrow Airport and Hatton Cross tube station. We checked in at 1800 hours as we had an early flight the next day. Check in good - warm and friendly. That is where the good service ends!!! Dropped our bags off in our room and went for a drink. Bar service rushed and messy. Ate in the restaurant - the chicken was overcooked and unable to eat it. When I complained the waitress didn't care. The room was so-so, not amazing. We quite often stay close to the airport due to early morning flights - next time I will chose another hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good hotel and accommodation. The only fault was the restaurant was closed on the night we stayed. We werent informed this until we went and looked at a menu, decided to stay and then were informed it was closed as there was a private party on. We could have eaten in the bar, but the bar is very small and we just imagined everyone crammed in there waiting for food. We walked to the airport and went into Wetherspoons and had a very nice meal. Quite a walk but good exercise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

One night stopover before our flight home. Short walk (5min max) from Hatton Cross tube station...(nb. access not geared up for pedestrians - just keep following the path) Don't waste your money on the Hoppa unless you've heavy luggage. Very busy, corporate style hotel. Reception were welcoming and helpful. Had a little trouble getting the wi-fi to work but they helped me out (£10 for 24hrs - why do hotels have to charge for wi-fi?!!?). We ate in the bar...about a 30min wait for food but they were quite busy. The staff were friendly, despite this. Paid for breakfast which had a good range of buffet items. Room was comfortable and modern. Hotel is also fairly quiet despite being very near the flight paths.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an excellent choice for late-evening arrivals or for early departures, in particular Terminal 4. I have stayed here 3 or 4 times over a 3-year period and it has been consistently excellent - helpful staff and very nice rooms with all the amenities. Breakfasts here are very good. This is a shuttle bus service to the terminals every 20 minutes costing around £4. This hotel is extremely good value for money, especially if you book reasonably far in advance using the web booking service.

Room Tip: Top floor (7th floor) is good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok where to start... Hotel overall ... Rooms are lovely! Love the air conditioning and the heater u can decide on the temperature u want your room to be in , also a lovely tv when u want to relax for a bit. However the staff is not very pleasant whoever said that they must have had met diffrent staff on my check in fair enough quite nice girl checked me in , checking out - tatiana
Checked me out With very little English I didn't even hear hello , thank you, how was your stay , did U have any problems was everything ok , she just said to me
: there is a charge on ur account and u need to pay, that was it !! Also any time I had some question it looked to me like it was a massive deal for the staff to even answer ! I feel sorry for all the youngsters working in he hotel cause to me it looked like the older members have treated them like they are in the army ! I tried to have a laugh with one of the young members of the staff while waiting for my drinks and the poor fella was looking around like he was scared to laugh ! I like to see smile , not poker face. Also the food was horrible I have ordered a steak as rare - what I have received was well done steak probably from the day before ! I have ate so many steaks in my life and this one really was the worst one ever !! Breakfast was just okey. Also found the housekeepers quite annoying knocking in my door at 9am !! I was trying to sleep !
I think this hotel just suits a very serious business people that are not looking to have good nice food or nice friendly service but are looking for a good value nice bed to sleep in for one night cause after two nights they will get hungry ha ha !!

• Stayed March 2013
DonalStafford, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Heathrow, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Minima123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and please accept my sincerest apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion, it's clear that we didn't get it all right this time. I can assure you that your comments will be used to improve the service we offer to all our guests.

Tatiana and I were both disappointed to read that she had failed to give you a great customer experience on check out. She is a fantastic member of our team and I receive a lot of great feedback from customers to whom she has provided brilliant service. On this occasion it would seem we let you down.

I would be delighted to discuss your stay in more detail should you wish to. Please feel free to get in touch with me at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com.

Kindest Regards,

Donal

Donal Stafford
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is very close to the airport and would make a good choice for a one-night stay. It is modern and spotlessly clean. The rooms are a good size, well equipped and the beds are large and comfortable. The tube is about a five minute walk and is on the Piccadilly line which goes straight into the centre of the city, the journey taking about 50 mins. There are two options to eat in the hotel, the bar menu and the restaurant menu. The bar itself is comfortable with a limited choice of drinks. Breakfast has a good choice and is high quality.

The downside is the isolation of the hotel, on the airport perimeter road with nothing much around it except for airport buildings. this is absolutely fine if you are using it for easy access to the airport but not if you are basing yourself there for any length of time.

One member of the reception staff was very officious, way over the top with rules and regulations, making it seem like a prison rather than a hotel but every other member of staff I met was very friendly, courteous and efficient. As others have commented on, the wifi charge is extortionate; £5 for one hour or £10 for 24 hours - totally unnecessary when in most hotels these days it is free.

Overall, it's good. I'm sure there are better and next time I'll choose somewhere else to find out, but if you choose this hotel you'll be satisfied.

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw were similar. No aircraft noise at all despite being very close to the runways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The staff at Jury's Heathrow really make the difference to what could be a very ordinary corporate experience. The hotel is in a great location, has basic standard rooms and is a perfect 'one night' stop over location. However, check in is always friendly if not speedy - but Roy in the bar is a true star. He goes out of his way to recognise his customers, remember their preferences and really goes the extra mile. He makes a corporate hotel experience feel more like an individual owner run experience, which is no mean feat in this type of operation.

Room Tip: The higher the floors the more planes there are to see!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Jurys Inn London Heathrow? Share your experiences!