“Comfortable stopover hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn London Heathrow

Save Saved
You added Jurys Inn London Heathrow to your Saves list
Jurys Inn London Heathrow
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eastern Perimeter Road | Hatton Cross, Hounslow TW6 2SQ, England   |
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Glasgow
“Comfortable stopover hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for the night before an early flight to Abu Dhabi. Good standard of accomodation for the price. Place was spotlessly clean and beds were comfortable, room was quiet despite overlooking the runway at Heathrow. Handy connections via Hoppa bus to all terminals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The rooms were nice and clean, and pleasant to stay in. I knocked off one star because I found some of the staff to be a little bit discourteous. Not the best customer service, I found, especially in the bar/restaurant, where I felt like I was inconveniencing them by being there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked in for one night as we were flying out early the next day. After an initial issue with the room bookings, we were quickly allocated our rooms. I usually hate airport hotels because they are noisy and unbearably hot but the soundproofing and air-conditioning at the jurys were great ensuring a good nights sleep. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable.

We had dinner in the hotel bar and it was ok and reasonably priced. Pretty typical of large hotel chains.

As we left early for the flight, we didn't have breakfast.

The hopper bus runs not as frequently as from some of the other hotels so we had a taxi. It cost £15 which is only a couple of pounds more than the bus would have cost.

The jurys will be the hotel of choice the next time I fly out.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed for one night en route out of Heathrow following morning (Wednesday, November 7, 2012)

-Hotel lobby & check in was fine but the room was ok (just ok)
-Very dated/tired.
-WiFi was NOT free & cost 5GBP for one hour or 10GBP for the night (which I think is a bit cheeky these days seeing as how WiFi is everywhere for free now)
-Bathroom was very dated (but clean, so that was good) But didn't like how the shower soap dispenser was fixed to the wall & no heated towel rack to dry towels. Tub was very shallow (old fashioned & not comfortable to lie in)
-Tea/Coffee making facilities was again bolted to the wall (as if you'd steal it?)
-Breakfast was a disappointment. Very canteen-style & not a lot of choice. Overly greasy.
-Although we were just there for in-transit overnight, I would have expected a bit better for 97GBP but perhaps it's patrons are viewed as captive audience being an airport hotel, so no effort is needed
-Would not stay again. Would try & save a few bob & use a Premier Inn instead

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I chose the Jurys as it seemed to be competitively priced (more about that later) for a single nights stay between flying in and flying out. The shuttle bus took a bit longer than with other hotels on Heathrow, I think (I hope) that I was just unlucky in the gap between the one that went before and the one that eventually turned up. However, the driver was very pleasant and really took care of his customers, which was nice.

Checking into Jurys Inn, my UK credit card wouldn't work. As it has since and before, I suspect it was the credit card machine. The receptionist was very pleasant. Throughout the time I was checking in, two coachloads of Scandinavian children were filing into the lift, such that it looked like it would be another 20 minutes before the lift would be available for any other customers. Hence, on request, the receptionist kindly let me into the stairwell, so that I could make my way up to the second floor. My comment on that is, if you are going to host coach load parties, perhaps consideration to access to the rooms should be considered.

The room was lovely. Clean, welcoming, tea making facilities, nice bathroom, good double glazing so I was oblivious to the nearby planes. The bed was comfortable. Definitely a step above some of the other cheap chain hotels on the airport.

In the morning, I went down to breakfast and was surprised to be told by the guy that my room booking didn't include breakfast. I started to pull out my booking reservation when he asked me if I had booked through booking.com and paid 44 GBP. Indeed I had. He then told me that this rate does not exist and, in fact, if I wanted breakfast, I had to pay another 11 or 12 GBP (I can't recall now). So I paid it, as I was now hungry. I have to say, I was disappointed that this was not picked up at reception when I checked in and it also means that the Jurys Inn was not as competitive as I first thought.

Breakfast looks like it would normally be extensive if one had not arrived shortly after a coach of Scandinavian school children, so supplies were a bit haphazard...there were no enough plates, for example. The kids were reasonably well behaved and again, it is the details where the Jurys Inn needs to sort out to handle this kind of mass customer. However, I fed well and the staff in the breakfast room were all very friendly.

I probably would stay here again, although it would very much depend on the price. I am disappointed that two major businesses, like the Jurys Inn chain and booking.com can't sort out what the price should be without someone like me being impacted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was originally due to stop over in central London, in another (budget) chain for around £140 per night , which seems to be the going rate at weekends nowadays. I actually begrudge paying that amount, especially when I'm not in London too late, so looked at some alternatives further out; I'd heard the Jury's name so though I'd give their website a try and got a good rate of around £75, as I remember - Heathrow is also good for low hotel rates due to the surplus of rooms around the airport, so I was specifically looking in this area. The advantage of this particular hotel however is that it is very well located for public transport, being a 5-10 minute walk from Hatton Cross Underground (=metro) station with links to all airport terminals in one direction, and Central London within around 50 minutes (Picadilly Circus) in the other. In fact, the last trains from Central London leave just after midnight, which is ideal for having an evening out , then getting back (although the last train was very crowded

The hotel itself is modern, rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable - despite being pretty much at the end of the runway (ideal for plane spotting if that's your thing) the rooms have excellent sound insulation so there was no noise within the rooms. Breakfast was satisfactory, a wide choice food although the ambience in the restaurant was a bit basic (youth hostel) in my view. Reception team were efficient, though not the warmest I've experienced

All in all, this is nice hotel - would definitely stay here again either for the airport itself, or as a less expensive option to staying in Central London

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Athy, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times on business. Where the business part of my stay was very good that’s where it ended. We had a table booked by reception which never made it to the restaurant. The table was booked for 19.30 so not so late as to be a problem. When we did get a table we where left waiting to be served, drinks and what came out on the plates was not what was on the menu. My starter just passed although the salad had no dressing. My Main should have been a "HALF CHICKEN" with two side's what I got was one leg and one thigh that would look small in KFC and THREE onion rings "frozen" and a dozen or so chips, and best of all was the "pepper sauce that looked and tasted like black tea with lots of pepper. I have never had such a poor meal in a hotel before and for this reason I will not be staying here again. Ps one thing I over looked the last few times I have stayed here is that the bar always seems to have problems with the beer pumps and would only have one or two beers instead of the eight taps there are. My vote is run if you like to have a beer and a good meal.
To be fair the room are clean and well looked after. But the restuarant and bar need new staff that know what custmor service is.

Room Tip: Do not eat here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Jurys Inn London Heathrow? Share your experiences!